Player Discussion Danton Heinen VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Honestly, I just don't know what happened. He's talented and smart enough to be a good player. Contrary to popular belief, I don't think it's an effort or toughness problem. He just has zero confidence in his game, and no one seems to know how to fix it. It's like they need to put him on Prozac or something.

They'll probably trade him, and he'll break out and become the player many of us think he can be. It just doesn't seem like it's going to happen here anymore.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I realy do think there are teams out there on which he'd thrive, with different system/coach/etc.

I'm just not sure Boston is that team.

Reactions: Chief Nine

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
When the dust settles, Seattle would be a nice landing spot for Heinen. Maybe he reunites with Backes & Reily Nash.

Don't be lumping Backes in with the vanilla twins.

I have figured out the cure for insomnia though. A line of Heinen - Par Lindholm - Riley Nash.

Reactions: Fenian24

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
How much value does he even have still? Will gms try to get him for a bargain?

I’d say a young team would be willing to pay around a 2nd? Maybe.

Wish he had developed like we thought after his rookie season. I just don’t see that burning desire to be better from Danton.

Reactions: sarge88

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Honestly, I just don't know what happened. He's talented and smart enough to be a good player. Contrary to popular belief, I don't think it's an effort or toughness problem. He just has zero confidence in his game, and no one seems to know how to fix it. It's like they need to put him on Prozac or something.

They'll probably trade him, and he'll break out and become the player many of us think he can be. It just doesn't seem like it's going to happen here anymore.

Or just get him off Demerol.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Great game by the defensive stalwart last night. If he was being showcased by being played on line 2 it showed he is not a second line player.

Heinen and an ok prospect for Wood. Everybody wins

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I’d say a young team would be willing to pay around a 2nd? Maybe.

Wish he had developed like we thought after his rookie season. I just don’t see that burning desire to be better from Danton.

I get why people want to think he’s closer to the player he was in year one, but we’re getting to the point where about 70% of his career thus far has been entirely underwhelming.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Even as a Heinen "supporter" (which basically just means I thought he was a serviceable and versatile 3rd line winger), his performance lately after getting scratched has been abysmal. He's playing his worst hockey under scrutiny, so I'm hoping he's moved.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
the next Reilly Smith

watch him go somewhere where he isn’t under a microscope and the fanbase doesn’t have a need for a designated whipping boy and he will be a 45-50 point two way winger
If that happens it’s fine.

What isn’t fine is rolling his stick carrying corpse out there in the playoffs hoping he somehow finds some desire to be a pro hockey player. Because that hasn’t been the case for over a year now.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
the next Reilly Smith

watch him go somewhere where he isn’t under a microscope and the fanbase doesn’t have a need for a designated whipping boy and he will be a 45-50 point two way winger

You don't actually think Heinen cares about what the denizens of HF Boards or even Twitter think of him do you? Or that our opinions on this board have any sort of impact on his play?

I don't think he can carry Reilly Smith's jock-strap, he's nowhere near as good a player. But hey, if he does, good for Heinen, I wish him all the best wherever his hockey career takes him.

But get him off my hockey team. Now.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You don't actually think Heinen cares about what the denizens of HF Boards or even Twitter think of him do you? Or that our opinions on this board have any sort of impact on his play?

I don't think he can carry Reilly Smith's jock-strap, he's nowhere near as good a player. But hey, if he does, good for Heinen, I wish him all the best wherever his hockey career takes him.

But get him off my hockey team. Now.

In the sample where Heinen got put on the line Smith played on he was a ppg.

As far as the hfboards goes no, but I bet he knows he’s the whipping boy. On the radio, with the fan base, Twitter. Let’s put it that way. It’s tough to tune everything out in this city. That’s why some athletes don’t thrive here

Reactions: Lo97

NeelyPunishes

Jun 22, 2014
I actually wonder if he’s a Backes junior in terms of unloading his contract. Maybe Heinen and our 3rd to Anaheim for a bucket of red paint.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
In the sample where Heinen got put on the line Smith played on he was a ppg.

As far as the hfboards goes no, but I bet he knows he’s the whipping boy. On the radio, with the fan base, Twitter. Let’s put it that way. It’s tough to tune everything out in this city. That’s why some athletes don’t thrive here

If that is the case, even more reason to send him elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->