Player Discussion Danton Heinen VI - (re-signed 2 years, $2.8M/yr)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Maybe.

But that’s tame compared to what was going on in the 80’s and 90’s.

I’m talking about when a fight started, every in paired off and the linesmen needed to work to separated guys who were fighting.

Threats/insults in the newspaper.

True dislike and anger.

I hate to be the guy to tell you this but that ship has sailed on a one way trip, I think it sunk at the bottom of the ocean some place. It's never coming back.

I was fan of that shit too so..........................but it's gone and it's not coming back.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Hope things swing back that way across the league.

Not anytime soon, the league is slowly taking fighting out of the game. Game by game inch by inch but the day of the bench clearing brawls are behind us ...............way behind us.

And with what we know about CTE these days , I'm okay with that.

Reactions: Strafer

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I hate to be the guy to tell you this but that ship has sailed on a one way trip, I think it sunk at the bottom of the ocean some place. It's never coming back.

I was fan of that **** too so..........................but it's gone and it's not coming back.

I’m forever an optimist.
:laugh:

Reactions: JOKER 192

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I enjoy a fight as much as the next guy but with all we know about CTE these days I'm okay with watching a hockey game without some player needlessly taking shots to head for my entertainment.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Then ban UFC and boxing too.

You gotta be nuts to take part in that but you know what you signed up for. In Hockey , you sign up to play hockey not to fight. Though there is one thing that is getting really annoying to me is all the face washing at the end of every play. Taking fighting out of the game seems to have invited all the punks in the game to play tough guy after every whistle. League needs to clean that up, it's a bad look.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
You gotta be nuts to take part in that but you know what you signed up for. In Hockey , you sign up to play hockey not to fight. Though there is one thing that is getting really annoying to me is all the face washing at the end of every play. Taking fighting out of the game seems to have invited all the punks in the game to play tough guy after every whistle. League needs to clean that up, it's a bad look.

If the game is without facewashs scrums fights and drama. It's not as entertaining to some fans

member 96824

I met Danton Heinen just last week:

I was in southie and I happened to run into him at a local diner. He was sitting alone and it looked like he'd only just started eating, so I decided to just go up and say hi (if his friends were there I would have just let him be). Anyway, I walk up and say hello and tell him I know him from the Bruins. Nothing. No reaction. Doesn't say a word. He just sits there, staring right through me. Staring intensely, but with no emotion whatsoever.

I begin to feel awkward, so I say "sorry to disturb you" and start to walk away but before I even get a chance to turn he just gets up suddenly and starts walking toward me, still making full eye contact. At first I thought he was going to try and barge into me or something, but at the last minute (like an inch away from me) he turns and heads toward the trash can. Then he starts dumping everything on his plate into it. One by one. Potatoes, carrots, everything. He picks up each bit of food up, holds it high above the can and drops it. Some of it (the steak) didn't even make it into the trash because he wasn't looking at what he was doing.

Finally his plate is empty and this is the part that really ****ing weirded me out. He looks around to check no one (but me) is looking, then slides the plate under his jacket and walks out.

I was just astounded, it was pretty surreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad