Confirmed with Link: Dansk revolution continues for 2020-21

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Should mean Sparks will be let go unless we go DDR in NHL. Which was expected tbh as Ferguson needs to take that next step.

teddygmr

Jul 7, 2006
with Fleury turning 36 prior to the start of the 2020-21 season, I expect he will need more rest. Dansk was selected 31st overall by Columbus so he has a good pedigree. He has good size, just turned 26, had very strong AHL Playoffs last year and just completed a good AHL season. Just 5 NHL games on his resume but his $700,000 Cap Hit fits the Knights' needs to stay under the Salary Cap. Dansk will need to be ready to play at least 30% of the Knights' games in a condensed NHL schedule.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
We would be in serious trouble.

I would agree, but it is what is most likely going to happen.

No cap space to re-sign Lehner.

Even if the Knights did have cap space, it might not be a good idea to spend a ton of money on goaltending.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I would agree, but it is what is most likely going to happen.

No cap space to re-sign Lehner.

Even if the Knights did have cap space, it might not be a good idea to spend a ton of money on goaltending.

We could have money to sign Lehner and it would probably be as simple as trading Stastny and running with Glass.

I would say regardless of if it is Lehner, it won't be Dansk. He got a two way contract so will probably split starts with Ferguson on the Silver Knights and be the third string. They didn't trade Subban only to re-sign and roll with the guy who was never good enough to take the backup spot from him.

I find this talk of spending too much on Lehner silly among our fan base. He is legitimately one of the top five goalies in the league. Spending the money on Lehner is probably more effective than spending on a defenseman to add to this team. And it probably helps the team more in the long run.

Reactions: KnishOfTheCrease

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I find this talk of spending too much on Lehner silly among our fan base. He is legitimately one of the top five goalies in the league. Spending the money on Lehner is probably more effective than spending on a defenseman to add to this team. And it probably helps the team more in the long run.

Top 5 in the league? Hard to say that, he's never proven to be at that level. And the upside from MAF at least at this time is pretty insignificant. I mean would be nice to sign him, but realistically he's right to demand more money than VGK should pay him and frankly he should go somewhere he's the #1 with no question about it. This is the one and only big money contract he'll get, he should make it count.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Top 5 in the league? Hard to say that, he's never proven to be at that level. And the upside from MAF at least at this time is pretty insignificant. I mean would be nice to sign him, but realistically he's right to demand more money than VGK should pay him and frankly he should go somewhere he's the #1 with no question about it. This is the one and only big money contract he'll get, he should make it count.

He's been top five the past three seasons, in my view. Fleury isn't good enough to bring us a Cup anymore, it's sad but if we let Lehner go and roll with Fleury we will look back in two years and say that was probably the biggest factor in our window shrinking with nothing to show for it.

And at that point the Kings and Ducks should be better, the Oilers and Canucks can improve and our division could be tougher and our window much smaller.

Lehner was willing to sign for 6 in Chicago, if we give him 6x6 he would still only be 35 at the end of it, Fleury's age now, so it should be enough to keep him and he would definitely be the starter, even if that only means around 50 games the first season.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
If we cannot move MAF, and seems extremely unlikely it would happen, then the GMs need to keep that space open for opportunistic trades from teams worried about expansion draft. Good #2s are going to be available to VGK for under market value. Plus the space they save not spending on Lehner will be useful in facilitating other deals.

Im sure deep dives will be done soon enough exploring some potential moves, but if you cap yourself out and don't leave spots in the main roster open, then it's just wasting an opportunity to get better without paying market value in trade capital.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
The issue with acquisition is cap.

The agreement "out there" to extend the CBA includes essentially a flat cap for the next few years. So I don't know that teams will have cap space to acquire large deals (without sending something in the other direction).

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
tenor.gif

The only downside is that it's a DaveArt mask... all that unnecessary bling-bling garbage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad