Confirmed with Link: Dansk re-signed

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Oscar Dansk re-signed 2 years $675,000 AAV

I'm happy.
Yippee! He was excellent in relief of MAF, Subbs.
I agree. We never really dove into it since it was the playoffs and who cared as long as we won, but has anyone figured out why Max consistently gets the nod over Dansk in AHL/NHL/Playoff decisions?

Lagace may be better, and I'll admit he's hindered by a larger sample size than Dansk, but Dansk seemed amazing in his time at the NHL level.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I'm happy.

I agree. We never really dove into it since it was the playoffs and who cared as long as we won, but has anyone figured out why Max consistently gets the nod over Dansk in AHL/NHL/Playoff decisions?

Lagace may be better, and I'll admit he's hindered by a larger sample size than Dansk, but Dansk seemed amazing in his time at the NHL level.

Lagace must be better. They see them every day and seemed to consistently rate Lagace higher. Dansk only has what, 3 NHL games to go by? We can't really read anything at all into that little.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
I'm happy.

Honestly, I think the team still has Dansk rated higher than Lagace. He was the goalie that got the call when Subban went down. I'm guessing they called up Lagace to be the NHL backup toward the end of the year because they wanted Dansk starting in the AHL instead of sitting on the bench. Dansk did start 2 of the 3 Wolves playoff games.

PS. Dansk loses his waiver eligibility this season, so I'm curious to see if another team takes a chance on him after training camp like we did with Subban last year. I'd hate to lose him, that's for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad