Injury Report: Dansk in Brooklyn; put on IR

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
mrw-my-fiance-said-bless-you-to-a-friend-of-mine-who-sneezed-and-he-replied-with-you-know-im-a-right-112591.gif

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Call the Jets and offer something for Hutchinson.

I don't know who else would be out there that Vegas could use.

How good is the Vegas goalie coach - could he work miracles with someone like Hammond or Domingue?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Who might "be available"...

Well, VGK has 4 of their five NHL signed goalies on the NHL roster (or NHL IR). Their fifth is in junior. (Ferguson **can** be recalled on an emergency basis for NHL bench sitting.)

VGK have 42 NHL contracts active, so there is (roster and cap) space to acquire/recall NHL contracted goalie. (VGK have no goalies left in AHL. AHL Chicago's goalies are: One guy from NHL Toronto. Other guy on AHL PTO.)

So, the big question is, how long will/might the guys be unavailable to play. Short term, perhaps you recall Ferguson. Otherwise, you'll have to find free agent goalie or trade for one.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
This is pretty crazy. I guess Ferguson gets the emergency recall for now, and then a further move depends on how long Dansk is out

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Andrew Hammond is a pending UFA and only comes in around 1.35 mil.

Give him a try out for the rest of the year, and walk away if he doesnt play well.

Ottawa would literally give him up for future considerations considering how cheap Melnyk is, and he is costing them a mil in the minors.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Call the Jets and offer something for Hutchinson.

I don't know who else would be out there that Vegas could use.

How good is the Vegas goalie coach - could he work miracles with someone like Hammond or Domingue?

Andrew Hammond is a pending UFA and only comes in around 1.35 mil.

Domingue $1.05m pending RFA, 25
Hammond $1.35m pending UFA, 29
Hutchinson $1.15m pending UFA, 27

Domingue is the youngest. Hammond the oldest. It all depends on how "long term" they might want player in organization.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
This opinion won't be popular, but I don't think they make a move simply because the playoffs aren't the team's top goal this year. They really need to give themselves another chance to hit the lottery on a high pick. Acting like a team who is trying to extend their window by trading for a goalie runs counter to all that.

If I'm GM I would get a look at how Fergy's come along, but if they aren't going to play him he needs to go back down and get the starts and experience he needs to improve. Let Lagace do his thing and look to get Fleury back asap.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Ferguson recalled on emergency basis which means he's only around until there's a guy coming off IR, the end of the emergency. He'll be returning to WHL.

He may play if Lagace needs a break, but will face a lot of rubber in practice.

fiveAMpractice

Oct 19, 2014
Dansk looked really good for the short time he was in.
Can't wait. It's being brutal.
Lagace with his 4 gpg average had his chance in the big leagues, playing in front of his parents and friends in some of the great rinks in hockey. Everybody is happy for him to experience that thrill but if you asked any of the players behind closed doors they are pissed that they had to make that east swing with a beer league goalie floundering around like he's playing road hockey .
This old goalie coach vegas has been using needs to protect the goalies in practice not having them workout like he teaching a summer goalie school. The guy weighs in at 270 lbs himself , can't even move or skate .Wouldn't have a clue about over working the goalies ligaments and shins. I'm sure the MAF just puts in the ear plugs with guy .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad