Danrik's "Other" Fantasy Draft Signup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Burke

What the heck, I feel like starting up another fantasy draft because I have a mastermind strategy in place - muhahahaha. So anyways, here's the rules boys and girls:

1) Take two teams, please. They don't have to be back to back, but if that is what you prefer than so be it.

2) There will be 30 rounds, so I hope you are committed to this baby! The draft order will be zig-zag (Washington drafts 1st, then drafts 60th, then 61st, etc...)

3) Trades are allowed, if not encouraged. Spices things up a bit, IMO. You do not necessarily have to exchange equal quantities of draft picks, but you do have to make at least 23 selections. Any extra selections will make up your farm team and not count towards your salary cap which brings me to my next point...

4) ...the salary cap will be $55 million. For every $1 you go over the cap you have to send me a box of chocolates... You know what, just don't go over the cap...

5) You may choose any player who has been drafted or signed by an NHL team. That includes guys like Dion Phaneuf, Karl Stewart, Boba Fett and George W. Bush. You may NOT draft Ovechkin as he hasn't been drafted, nor any of those other undrafted prospects.

6) You must PM the person after you in the draft or you will be tarred and feathered personally by me.

7) Make your pick within 12 hours or you will be dropped in a vat of boiling water. Failure to make your pick on time 3 times will result in expulsion from the draft (not to mention one heck of a burn).

8) Any questions? PM me or post 'em here.

9) I am NOT on drugs, I am just in a wierd mood...

Draft Order: (it will not be changed whatsoever)

1) Washington Capitals - Danrik
2) Pittsburgh Penguins - Fleuryfan29
3) Chicago Blackhawks - nucks&flames
4) Columbus Blue Jackets - PensFan95
5) Phoenix Coyotes - MrMackey
6) New York Rangers - Shoalzie
7) Florida Panthers - Ice Demon
8) Carolina Hurricanes - BuppY
9) Anaheim Mighty Ducks - Captain Canuck 19
10) Atlanta Thrashers - BuppY
11) Los Angeles Kings - nucks&flames
12) Minnesota Wild - MichaelK
13) Buffalo Sabres - Burke's Evil Spirit
14) Edmonton Oilers - MrMackey
15) Nashville Predators - PensFan95
16) New York Islanders - MichaelK
17) St. Louis Blues - Burke's Evil Spirit
18) Montreal Canadiens - markov`
19) Calgary Flames - Ice Demon
20) Dallas Stars - rupispupis
21) Colorado Avalanche - rupispupis
22) New Jersey Devils - Captain Canuck 19
23) Ottawa Senators - Nomis
24) Toronto Maple Leafs - Fleuryfan29
25) Philadelphia Flyers
26) Vancouver Canucks - Danrik
27) Boston Bruins - Danrik
28) San Jose Sharks - Nomis
29) Detroit Red Wings - Shoalzie
30) Tampa Bay Lightning - markov`

Thanks in advance for signing up and hope its fun for all!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
You've gone mad, Danrik...mad, I tell you! ;)

Red Wings and Rangers for me please...

Just a suggestion, why not do a draft with less than 30 teams and have it where we can make up the teams. The 30 NHL team draft thing has been done to death.

Last edited:

Jon Burke

Shoalzie said:
Just a suggestion, why not do a draft with less than 30 teams and have it where we can make up the teams. The 30 NHL team draft thing has been done to death.

Less than 30 teams means that teams get majorly stacked and the draft is less of a challenge.

Jon Burke

Nomis said:
As my first ever post i shall pick Columbus and Ottawa

and ummm wat exaclty are we suppost to PM each other :shakehead :dunno:

Welcome to HF! :)

Columbus is taken, please pick another team. As for the whole PM thing, I ask that you PM (private message in case if you are unsure of what that means) the person after you in the draft to let them know that they are up. It simply speeds things up, I find.

Jon Burke

Just to get trade talks rolling, both the Capitals and the Canucks would be willing to move their first round picks for the right package. PM me if you're interested in moving up or whatever.

MichaelK

Mar 13, 2004
1) Where can I find accurate salary information
2) Can I be the Islanders and Minnesota

Jon Burke

MichaelK said:
1) Where can I find accurate salary information
2) Can I be the Islanders and Minnesota

1) nhlpa.com
2) Yes, welcome aboard.

Jon Burke

Two teams left people...

Not to be repetitive, but the first overall pick is available and I am looking for a package along the lines of:

To Washington: 2nd round pick, 4th round pick, 5th round pick
To other team: 1st round pick (1st overall), 6th round pick, 8th round pick

Vancouver is also willing to ship their first round pick elsewhere for a package along the same lines.

Jon Burke

Captain Canuck 19 said:
The NHLPA website is not working right now.

Boy, that owners union plays hard ball. ;)

Yeah, I noticed that too. Hopefully it will be up and running soon enough, otherwise I'll have to rely on my THN Pool Guide, which doesn't have salaries for some of last year's restricted free agents.

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Danrik said:
Yeah, I noticed that too. Hopefully it will be up and running soon enough, otherwise I'll have to rely on my THN Pool Guide, which doesn't have salaries for some of last year's restricted free agents.

That's the exact same thing I use. Freaky :eek:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->