Danrik's GM Game - News, Rumors and Trade Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desibasha

Mar 25, 2004
News out of Calgary:

The Flames recently fired one of their scouts for leaking out some information about the Flames 2nd overall selection at the upcoming draft. "We(Flames) are strongly commited in taking defenceman Cam Barker to strengthen our already strong defence." said the fired scout who had made the recent comments.

The Flames fans expected Evgeni Malkin to be the #2 overall selection but the Flames organization hasn't said they would. "we will take the best player available." said Assistant GM Brian Sutter.

read out of the lines to know who President Desibasha is thinking to select at the #2 overall slot. ;)

Jon Burke

monster_bertuzzi said:
Barker over Malkin is pure insanity. Would you take Brad Stuart over Vincent Lecavalier?

Considering he has 3 of the top 6 picks, I think there is a half decent chance of him getting both, but I know what you mean.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Desibasha said:
News out of Calgary:

The Flames recently fired one of their scouts for leaking out some information about the Flames 2nd overall selection at the upcoming draft. "We(Flames) are strongly commited in taking defenceman Cam Barker to strengthen our already strong defence." said the fired scout who had made the recent comments.

The Flames fans expected Evgeni Malkin to be the #2 overall selection but the Flames organization hasn't said they would. "we will take the best player available." said Assistant GM Brian Sutter.

read out of the lines to know who President Desibasha is thinking to select at the #2 overall slot. ;)

Then trade down.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
I hate to bring you bad news, but I have to :D

Oleg Tverdovsky can not sign with any team in any league until his contract with Omsk Avangard expires (which is after the 2004-05 season).

Tverdovsky signed a two year ($2M) contract with Omsk Avangard last summer. The contract has a clause that prevents him from signing with any other team, including NHL teams, for the duration of the contract.

I know this for a fact cuz I have Oleg Tverdovsky on my keeper pool team... I have to make 9 drops this summer and was thinking that Tverdovsky might be one of them, so I did some research to find out when/if he'd be back in the NHL - I found out he wont be back for another season, at the very least (summer of 2005 he's Russian contract expires)

proof
http://www.hockeytraderumors.com/article3471.html
http://nfhl.net/forum/thread_html?thread_id=434

Last edited:

Jon Burke

rinkrat13 said:
I hate to bring you bad news, but I have to :D

Oleg Tverdovsky can not sign with any team in any league until his contract with Omsk Avangard expires (which is after the 2004-05 season).

Tverdovsky signed a two year ($2M) contract with Omsk Avangard last summer. The contract has a clause that prevents him from signing with any other team, including NHL teams, for the duration of the contract.

I know this for a fact cuz I have Oleg Tverdovsky on my keeper pool team... I have to make 9 drops this summer and was thinking that Tverdovsky might be one of them, so I did some research to find out when/if he'd be back in the NHL - I found out he wont be back for another season, at the very least (summer of 2005 he's Russian contract expires)

proof
http://www.hockeytraderumors.com/article3471.html
http://nfhl.net/forum/thread_html?thread_id=434

bah that sucks. Could've used him on the Hurricanes

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I would like to officially announce the Mike Leclerc auction. I am encouraging and fielding all offers for Leclerc, and will likely accept the best offer by the end of the week(it all depends on a UFA offer). Feel free to add other assets in my system, and your chances of landing Leclerc go up 10% if you also take Petr Schastlivy as well.

I'm not looking for other players. I'm looking to upgrade my draft position, add prospects, and/or upgrade on my current roster. Salary doesn't make a too big of difference.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim are changing jerseys, but it isn't the end of the orginal logo just yet.

The Ducks Converted their alternate jersey from the 03-04 season(1st attachment) to their home jersey, and are going to use a white version of that jersey(2nd attachement) as their road jersey.

Both jerseys use the new writing logo, but the original Duck logo isn't dead yet. They've also designed a brand new alternate jersey(3rd attachement) which still has the logo on it. They will wear this jersey 10 times out of the maximum 15 next season.

The first one obviously wasn't designed by me, and the second one wasn't either. The only thing I didn't create, though, on the third one, was the template pattern.

Last edited:

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Offer for Modry

The Avalanche have offered UFA Jaroslav Modry a multi year deal... they are seeking approval from either Mac Daddy (who is never on) or Danrik (who is usually quick )

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
ktownhockey said:
The Avalanche have offered UFA Jaroslav Modry a multi year deal... they are seeking approval from either Mac Daddy (who is never on) or Danrik (who is usually quick )
Atlanta already signed him ..

Jon Burke

ktownhockey said:

Unfortunately, all signings need both our approval. BuppY, I'll repeat myself once again, your offer to Modry has not been accepted. I would encourage you to PM MacDaddy Version 1.3 your offers, not just post them. I could look at your offer to a certain and offer more to him and pow, I've probably got him.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
not sure if this is the right place, but pretty much everyone on the Minnesota roster is fair game for trading. even Gaborik can be had for the right price.

Jon Burke

AvsGuy said:
not sure if this is the right place, but pretty much everyone on the Minnesota roster is fair game for trading. even Gaborik can be had for the right price.

This is the right sort of place to post that sort of thing.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I'm in the market for a big-name goalie, and Gaborik is available. don't ask for Walz, Harding, Schultz or Kuba. also looking for defensive depth.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Available for Trade:

Scott Niedermayer
John Madden
Jan Hrdina
Brian Rafalski
Jamie Langenbrunner

Looking to acquire:

Checking Center (ie. Mike Peca, Wes Walz... high end stuff)
Young Stud Defenseman (between the ages of 23 and 28), preferably a puckmover
Anyone else who is young, cheap, and good

Jon Burke

The Rangers have named Danrik their interim GM until a replacement can be found, but it seems people are reluctant to take the job seeing as former GM Glen Sather has run them to the ground.

The Rangers are willing to listen attentively to all offers. No player is safe. Reportedly Danrik might want to hire a new coach to teach the kids rather than old horse Pat Quinn, who is not the best of communicators. Changes are in store to fix up this mess of a franchise!

Jon Burke

The New Jersey Devils and Carolina Hurricanes have hooked up again, making a more large scale deal this time. The Hurricanes packaged center Josef Vasicek, defenseman Roman Hamrlik and prospect Karl Stewart to the Devils for center John Madden and defenseman Brian Rafalski.

The Hurricanes now feel that they have the potential to have one of the best penalty-killing units in the NHL as they have significantly upgraded it by adding the likes of Dan Hinote, Magnus Arvedson and John Madden. They also feel that Rafalski is one of the best puckmoving defensemen in the NHL and vastly underrated by many. Yet again a key part of the deal was the fact that Madden and Rafalski both have two Cup rings each as the Hurricanes are looking to build a winning atmosphere.

The Hurricanes will be sad to see promising youngsters Stewart and Vasicek gone, as well as the talented Hamrlik, but they feel that an opportunity to add Rafalski and Madden was just too good to pass up.

MacDaddy TLC*

ktownhockey said:
Actually I'm always online (and usually at HF).... at least that's what my wife tells me. :D

The last couple days I barely posted because i was busy fielding private messages with offers. I didn not respond to many of them because I was busy contemplating what had been put forth.

Tommorow I will start letting some GMs know that their offers came up a little short. Not hearing from me tommorow will be a good sign. :)

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
In a severe overpayment on their part the New Jersey Devils have acquired defenseman Rhett Warrener from Calgary in exchange for defenseman Colin White, high-end prospect Adrian Foster, recently acquired prospect Ryan Steeves, and their third round pick, 88th overall.

GM FSD is very happy to acquire Warrener and feels that he solidifies a NJ defense which needed support without sacrificing too much youth. NJ is already working on a contract extention with Warrener to keep him in NJ for a while to come.

NJ feels like they overpaid to acquire Warrener, but if sacrificing some of a very deep farm system to strengthen the lineup is what is required, then FSD is willing to make that sacrifice.

Last edited:

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Flame_Star_Devil said:
In a severe overpayment on their part the New Jersey Devils have acquired defenseman Rhett Warrener from Calgary in exchange for defenseman Colin White, high-end prospect Adrian Foster, recently acquired prospect Ryan Steeves, and their third round pick, 88th overall.

GM FSD is very happy to acquire Warrener and feels that he solidifies a NJ defense which needed support without sacrificing too much youth. NJ is already working on a contract extention with Warrener to keep him in NJ for a while to come.

NJ feels like they overpaid to acquire Warrener, but if sacrificing some of a very deep farm system to strengthen the lineup is what is required, then FSD is willing to make that sacrifice.

good move - Warrener's a work horse and will learn tons from Stevens & Robinson and the Devils organization as a whole - for some reason, when I first read that NJD acquired Warrener I thought, nice fit! :D

a good place for Warrener to take his game up a notch.

Last edited:

MacDaddy TLC*

Rumour has it that Dan McGillis has agreed to terms on a multi year contract with an Eastern Conference team, pending league approval. Stay tuned for further information as details become available.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
If anyone has any premier, high quality 1st line forwards avaiable, i'm willing to trade the 12th overall pick in 2004 in a package deal...offers?

MacDaddy TLC*

Word from the newswire is that Jaroslav Modry is set to accept a deal from an Eastern Conference club pending league approval of the offer.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
MacDaddy Version 1.3 said:
Word from the newswire is that Jaroslav Modry is set to accept a deal from an Eastern Conference club pending league approval of the offer.

if you could get back to me on coughcoughasdfh;asdhaouheWESWALZas;odiufhasdfcoughcough that would be great...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad