Danrik's GM Game - News, Rumors and Trade Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Burke

The Hurricanes would like to add more guys like Turner Stevenson - gritty, experienced and hard-working - who can play on their lower lines. It would be preferable if these guys had some Cup rings.

Also they still want to upgrade their defense.

They have a host of draft picks in the first three rounds that could be acquired for the right price. Also, youngsters Svoboda and Bayda are available.

TomasPlekanec

Apr 17, 2004
Québec
The Islanders are looking for a veteran backup. Willing to deal picks, prospects or another young goalie from my farm (DesRochers, Scott, Dubielewicz, Stirling, Bacashihua). PM Offers soon :D

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Well i am starting to think that i might be stuck with Lidstrom as no one is intrested in him....

but the Wings are looking to deal Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Schnider,Fisher all for young gritty players

sketchykg

Nov 17, 2003
Luongo to be Traded?

Miami – Disturbing news Florida Panther fans. Your new general manger might move the future and present of your franchise. Apparently, severely annoyed that Roberto Luongo’s agent is demanding that the young goalie be paid like the best backstop in the game, Panther GM SketchyKG, is mulling trading the moody goaltender.

When reached for comment, SketchyKG said: “Roberto wants to be paid like the top goalie in the league. But I think he needs to post a .500 record first before he looks for Martin Brodeur money.†A very different sentiment than was put forth by outgoing General Manager Rick Dudley. SketchyKG went on to say: “I’m not stupid however. If I trade him it’ll take a king’s ransom.â€

Again, despite the salary demands of Luongo’s agent, they promise they’ll honor the final year of his contract regardless if renegotiation of the contract does not take place.

This is an interesting development nevertheless. Maybe, SketchyKG just intends to follow the footsteps of his mentor Mike Milbury, who traded Luongo to south Florida.

Last edited:

sketchykg

Nov 17, 2003
With the arrival of Cory Stillman, Kristian Huselius is on the trading block. Florida is looking for a gritty winger to take his place on the roster.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
One of Mikael Holmqvist, Petr Schastlivy, and Andy McDonald must go. Any of the three can go in the right deal. Looking for draft picks and upgrades on picks, mainly.

Mike Leclerc can also go in the right deal. I'm fielding offers for him, but I likely won't deal him right away.

kovalchuk17atl

Apr 22, 2004
ducksflytogether said:
One of Mikael Holmqvist, Petr Schastlivy, and Andy McDonald must go. Any of the three can go in the right deal. Looking for draft picks and upgrades on picks, mainly.

Mike Leclerc can also go in the right deal. I'm fielding offers for him, but I likely won't deal him right away.

4th and 5th rounders for Schastlivy, 7th and 8th rounders? PM with a Counter Offer if you want.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
kovalchuk17atl said:
4th and 5th rounders for Schastlivy, 7th and 8th rounders? PM with a Counter Offer if you want.

Shasta is worth more than a 4th and a 5th, IMO. And, considering your pick is last(you are Tampa, yes?), it makes them more like 5th and 6th rounders, for early 7th and 8ths and Schasta. His value is definetely more than that.

kovalchuk17atl

Apr 22, 2004
ducksflytogether said:
Shasta is worth more than a 4th and a 5th, IMO. And, considering your pick is last(you are Tampa, yes?), it makes them more like 5th and 6th rounders, for early 7th and 8ths and Schasta. His value is definetely more than that.

Forgot about me going last...ok well can you send me a counter offer?

Jon Burke

The Hurricanes would like to acquire another puck-moving defenseman to complement the likes of Hamrlik, Hill and Havelid.

Jon Burke

CAROLINA (CP) - The Carolina Hurricanes have re-signed recently acquired defenseman Roman Hamrlik to a 3 year deal worth $11.2 million. He'll earn $3.6 million next year (the same as last year), then $3.7 million and then $3.9 million in the last year of the deal. The signing makes him second highest player on the Hurricanes, behind only right winger Jeff O'Neill. Hamrlik realizes that a lot will be expected off him because of the lucrative contract he agreed to. "I know that I have to have a much better season," Hamrlik said. "I am committed to helping this team win." Both sides felt happy with the deal and feel that the Hurricanes are well on their way to competing for a playoff spot next year. "The future is bright," said general manager Danrik with a smile.

The Hurricanes have apparently been working the phones in hope of patching up some of the holes they have on the lower lines and on defense, and it's rumored that they are close to a deal with an undisclosed team. All that we know is that it is a forward being acquired for a draft pick.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
Hawks already held their firesale last year and dont have any tradeable assets. Look for them to hold onto their youth and supplement it with a few free agents.

As far as trades go, I look for the Hawks to stand pat unless its a minor deal like picking up a third or fourth line forward or vet #5/6 dman for a mid round pick type deal.

rupispupis

Apr 26, 2004
Behn Wilson said:
Hawks already held their firesale last year and dont have any tradeable assets. Look for them to hold onto their youth and supplement it with a few free agents.

As far as trades go, I look for the Hawks to stand pat unless its a minor deal like picking up a third or fourth line forward or vet #5/6 dman for a mid round pick type deal.
I am sorry to disappoint you, but IN THIS GAME, the hawks already picked up Bret Hedican and Paul Mara, while trading away Brett Mclean, Igor Radulov, Travis Moen, and one of their 2nd rnd picks (the low one).

And I'm not done yet... Rumors are circling around a possible deal with TB, ANA, and maybe even one with the ever-so-hated Wings.

Last edited:

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Colorado

The avalanche are looking for a back up tender , willing to trade nikolishin, or hinote for one..

also news reprts indicate that Peter Forsberg is on the BLOCK... top player in the NHL will approve that trade if he is traded.... also Owen Nolan is on the block is the right off comes about

ORBluesFan

Jul 31, 2003
Portland, OR
Repost from the other thread:

The San Jose Sharks have several players on the block:

Niko Dimitrakos, Alexander Korolyuk, Wayne Primeau, Curtis Brown, Scott Thornton, Mike Ricci, Tom Preissing, Rob Davison, Mike Rathje

Also up is Miroslav Zalesak, one of the top AHL scorers from last year, and the rights to Scott Parker and Mark Smith. We're looking for young physical dmen (#3-4 type) and young 3rd line forwards (especially a PK center). Speed is of high priority. We also would take 1sts or 2nds in package deals.

PM me if you are interested in any of these guys.

ORBluesFan
Sharks GM

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
Washington Capitals Rumours

After reviewing the payroll situation, the Washington Capitals are now realizing that we, indeed, have a lot of cap room available for next season. Our current payroll is $22,500,000.00, and we are looking to get a lot closer to the proposed salary cap.

In addition, we are looking to make a deal for Olaf Kolzig. With the recent addition of Brent Johnson, and the fact that we are still shopping for a new #1 goalie (looking for top goaltender, and offering #1 pick overall (Ovetchkin) as part of the package). We are even willing to pick up 2/3 or more of his salary for next season in a deal. Also, our defense is completely depleted...we are looking for 2 or 3 serviceable defensemen for next season.

Once again, PM me your offers. We really dont need anymore youth, we have tonnes...Looking for veterans to spruce up the roster.

Last edited:

Desibasha

Mar 25, 2004
The Flames are looking for a top 15 draft pick....

Available

McAmmond
Ference
Montador
Lydman
Poti
Gelinas
Clark
Most of the Prospects

ORBluesFan

Jul 31, 2003
Portland, OR
With the arrival of Jim Vandermeer in San Jose, the Sharks have a surplus of young defensemen. The team is currently looking to move Tom Preissing or Rob Davison along with Niko Dimitrakos and possibly Scott Thornton or Mike Ricci for young speedy PK center/wingers and picks in the upcoming entry draft. Mike Rathje could also be available if the offer is right. PM Sharks GM ORBluesFan with any offers.

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
Washington is calling a news conference

The Washington Capitals have called a news conference for Thursday at 11 am, where they are expected an announcement that will shake the foundation of the franchise. No further details have been forwarded, but we understand that it could involve a trade of one of the top players on the team, maybe Brendan Witt or Danius Zubrus

more details to follow

Jon Burke

Behn Wilson said:

You're not the 'Hawks general manager in this game, stop pretending to be...

Jon Burke

In a deal with the Vancouver Canucks, the Carolina Hurricanes acquired the rights to left winger Magnus Arvedson for New Jersey's fourth round pick. Arvedson would've been a free agent June 20th, but the Hurricanes managed to re-sign him to a one year, $1.6 million contract with a performance bonuses package for plus/minus, goals, assists, points, team penalty killing effectiveness and whether or not the team makes the playoffs.

"We're happy to add a player like Magnus to this team," said general manager Danrik. "Magnus is one of the best shutdown wingers in the game and can score goals too. He will be given a chance to play on our top two lines and will play a key penalty-killing role." Any help to the penalty kill would be welcome as the Hurricanes penalty kill ranked just 25th in the NHL last season, something head coach Peter Laviolette acknowledged had to improve in order for his (and Danrik's) goal of making the playoffs to come true.

The Hurricanes feel that with the recent additions of Roman Hamrlik, Turner Stevenson, Stanislav Chistov, Niclas Havelid, Igor Radulov and Matthew DeMarchi as well as Arvedson gives them a nice mix of veterans and youngsters, though they still would like to add some more experienced guys to play on the lower lines and to teach the youngsters.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Dave Nonis:

''Maggie was close to returning home to Sweden, and retiring from the NHL completely. However, one of his wishes was to go and play in a market where the media focus wasn't extreme, and when Carolina offered us a 4th rounder just for his rights, we couldn't help but let Maggie go.''

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
thank you all for coming

We have received final league approval, and now the Washington Capitals are honoured to introduce the newest member of our franchise:

GOALTENDER ROBERTO LUONGO

We have sent Olaf Kolzig, Brendan Witt, our first round pick this year and our second round pick next year to the Florida Panthers for the future of our franchise.

We have offered Mr. Luongo a 4 year, 20 million dollar contract, and are awaiting word on his acceptance. We feel that our franchise needed a center force, and Mr. Luongo will be it. We are paying 2/3 of Mr. Kolzig's salary, and we are sad to see both players go, but we must think of the future, and our future starts from the net out. We have spoken with Brent Johnson, and he understands his role as a back-up this season. He is in favour, he just wants to win games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad