Recalled/Assigned: Dano Up, Bick to Rockford

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
so Dano is back up. Is he here to stay now? yes this is fantasy related I'm sorry but him getting sent down was such a surprise to me. I guess I am just hoping for some info on him going forward now that he has been recalled. what you expect of him and his role on the team..

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
so Dano is back up. Is he here to stay now? yes this is fantasy related I'm sorry but him getting sent down was such a surprise to me. I guess I am just hoping for some info on him going forward now that he has been recalled. what you expect of him and his role on the team..

Not worth much in fantasy right now. Playing no PP and with 2 other rookies for minimal minutes. The top 6 is pretty set unless Garbutt falters.

I don't think he'll be worth much until Christmas/New Years

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
That's the thing. They already fit his salary in this year. So the capspace he clears really isn't needed this season. Maybe they will buy him out this coming summer. Or maybe they will eat it again next season, to be 100% clear of him when half the team becomes a RFA the year after.

Capspace he clears isn't really needed this season? Seriously? That 4 mill cap space will project to be much more come trade deadline if they actually get rid of it now, that could be a huge help if the Hawks bring in someone for the cup run. Cap space is always needed... Dead cap space will always hurt the team. I understand he is hard to move but make no mistake he is hurting the team.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
You act like the Hawks really Need that Cap Space. Stan is going to work around that Cap Space. He is going to stay under the Cap all season Long because his math has Bickell on the Hawks payroll this year. that is a big difference to what you say.
Sarava is right for sure

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
You act like the Hawks really Need that Cap Space. Stan is going to work around that Cap Space. He is going to stay under the Cap all season Long because his math has Bickell on the Hawks payroll this year. that is a big difference to what you say.
Sarava is right for sure

Depending what you mean by "need"? Are you talking about the need to ice a team and call up players? If so then no we don't need the cap space, if you are talking about winning another cup and being a top contending team then yes that 4 million is "needed" and can be used to improve the team and as you can see the team has holes right now...

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
We don't have lots of assets to give up to get that great Player that you can get with that much Cap Space.
Bowman is not going to give up on the 1st round pick this year. We don't have a 2nd and our prospect pool isn't that big and great as it was 2 years ago (graduading and trades).

There is no Need to get rid of that Bickell cap hit at all costs for this season.

It's much more behind all of this than just getting Cap Space. Who do you want and how do we get them and keeping them?

Staal
Stamkos
Campbell
Kopitar
Lucic
Elias
Doan
Yandle
Byfuglien
Vrbata
Hamhuis
Backes
Ladd
Eriksson
Hudler
Jagr
Okposo
Nielsen
Helm

those are the UFAs that would be worth it. Others like Gagner, Neil, Chimera, Prust, Ott, Polak, Bourque, Grossmann, Schenn or Quincey aren't worth it/can't be had for cheap/whatever.

The list of good ones will get less and less with new contracts getting signed.

We don't Need to add those Players, we can't afford them next year and after that and we don't have the assets to get those Players.
It's just not worth it.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
We don't have lots of assets to give up to get that great Player that you can get with that much Cap Space.
Bowman is not going to give up on the 1st round pick this year. We don't have a 2nd and our prospect pool isn't that big and great as it was 2 years ago (graduading and trades).

There is no Need to get rid of that Bickell cap hit at all costs for this season.

It's much more behind all of this than just getting Cap Space. Who do you want and how do we get them and keeping them?

Staal
Stamkos
Campbell
Kopitar
Lucic
Elias
Doan
Yandle
Byfuglien
Vrbata
Hamhuis
Backes
Ladd
Eriksson
Hudler
Jagr
Okposo
Nielsen
Helm

those are the UFAs that would be worth it. Others like Gagner, Neil, Chimera, Prust, Ott, Polak, Bourque, Grossmann, Schenn or Quincey aren't worth it/can't be had for cheap/whatever.

The list of good ones will get less and less with new contracts getting signed.

We don't Need to add those Players, we can't afford them next year and after that and we don't have the assets to get those Players.
It's just not worth it.

I am not sure what you are trying to defend here, the question and the answer are simple, would you want that 4 mill in cap to be free or locked up in Bickell? Free is the right answer. So to say that it's the same to have it locked up or free is very stupid. To say that Stan will not make any moves at the deadline is also stupid because who knows, maybe he can move Mckneil? Default? Pokka? Better prospects were moved before so I don't think it's that crazy to think some of these guys will be moved to bring in some help for a cup run.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Why move Pokka, our last good D prospect?
Why move Danault, our good bottom 6 C prospect?

Who wants McNeill, especially for a Player that will return a 1st+ from other Teams?

Who takes Bickell without a sweetener?
Do you Need that Cap Space now? Like at all costs? All you do is shortsided thinking and nothing else. You don't understand how this all works and how Bowman plans. He has an idea for now and the future and for this year, Bickell and his Cap Hit is part of the Hawks.

If he would have wanted him gone, Bickell would be gone. With Bickell gone, we wouldn't have Pokka or our 1st or Schmaltz any more.
This is just too step of a Price to pay for something we don't really Need.

We have the Chance to Play our Young guys, our rookies to see what they can do in the NHL as of now. We've seen Baun, Kero, Hinostroza and Gustafsson. Svedberg and Dano seem to stay now. Teräväinen and Panarin have important roles on our Team.

We could have traded Bickell with one of the good Young guys just to Keep Versteeg as of now.... whoopy dooo.
At the Deadline we could pack our Schmaltz/Pokka/1st/Danault (the parts that are still here after Bickell was moved) to get 2 months of a good hockey Player we have NO Chance of keeping beyond the season.

Seems like a great idea. Like an idea only stupid GMs would make. GMs that get fired and never will win anything.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
The case for Panarin getting one of his presumed bonuses of the Calder has improved significantly with McDavid's injury.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Why move Pokka, our last good D prospect?
Why move Danault, our good bottom 6 C prospect?

Who wants McNeill, especially for a Player that will return a 1st+ from other Teams?

Who takes Bickell without a sweetener?
Do you Need that Cap Space now? Like at all costs? All you do is shortsided thinking and nothing else. You don't understand how this all works and how Bowman plans. He has an idea for now and the future and for this year, Bickell and his Cap Hit is part of the Hawks.

If he would have wanted him gone, Bickell would be gone. With Bickell gone, we wouldn't have Pokka or our 1st or Schmaltz any more.
This is just too step of a Price to pay for something we don't really Need.

We have the Chance to Play our Young guys, our rookies to see what they can do in the NHL as of now. We've seen Baun, Kero, Hinostroza and Gustafsson. Svedberg and Dano seem to stay now. Teräväinen and Panarin have important roles on our Team.

We could have traded Bickell with one of the good Young guys just to Keep Versteeg as of now.... whoopy dooo.
At the Deadline we could pack our Schmaltz/Pokka/1st/Danault (the parts that are still here after Bickell was moved) to get 2 months of a good hockey Player we have NO Chance of keeping beyond the season.

Seems like a great idea. Like an idea only stupid GMs would make. GMs that get fired and never will win anything.

Sorry to break it to you, but no one wanted Bickell. Also yes sometimes you package a prospect or two "to get 2 months of good hockey" yes that is the most important two months, that's the whole point is to be on top in those final two months. None of those players you listed will make or break the franchise. Another simple question To ask yourself is, would you rather have denault for 3 more years or the Hawks winning a cup this year? I know my answer. You keep winning and prospects keep coming off free agency to your team. Look at Panarin, or Kero or Gustaffson. No one is crying over guys/picks we lost at the trade deadline to bring in guys in like Vermette or prospects like Johns that had to be added as sweeteners. Now if the prospect's name is TT I would be more cautious but most of these other guys are interchangeable and should be sent away for an improved chance st a cup.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Garbutt has hands of stone, not sure the top line makes much sense.
I guess all he needs to do is stand in front of the net and allow Panarin and Toews to do their thing.

Unfortunately when he does get a rebound chance in front he can't seem to put it in the net.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Sorry to break it to you, but no one wanted Bickell. Also yes sometimes you package a prospect or two "to get 2 months of good hockey" yes that is the most important two months, that's the whole point is to be on top in those final two months. None of those players you listed will make or break the franchise. Another simple question To ask yourself is, would you rather have denault for 3 more years or the Hawks winning a cup this year? I know my answer. You keep winning and prospects keep coming off free agency to your team. Look at Panarin, or Kero or Gustaffson. No one is crying over guys/picks we lost at the trade deadline to bring in guys in like Vermette or prospects like Johns that had to be added as sweeteners. Now if the prospect's name is TT I would be more cautious but most of these other guys are interchangeable and should be sent away for an improved chance st a cup.

this year, the Hawks aren't 1 Player away from winning the Cup. It's not like last year with a 1st for Vermette.
this year we Need 3 1sts and 3 Vermette type Players to win the Cup.
If they get it done, they get it done without that add.

You will never understand it and want to create Cap Space by giving up all the future.

You need prospects and it pays of. Finding a Panarin every year seems like a huge Task. This won't happen soon.
Just look at the roster last year or 2010 and tell me who was drafted by the Hawks in what round.

I think Hjalmarsson, Buff, Krüger, Shaw and Saad all have had their moments and were needed to win those Cups. Those are the guys that were drafted late, got lots of time in the minors or made the roster fast. I doesn't matter who you give up, but you can't give up everybody.

I'm pretty sure the Leafs would have taken Bickell if we added a Young NHL ready Player with Talent. Those are the Players that we Need ourself while they are cost controlled.
That's why a guy like Dano is the perfect Saad replacement. that's why Teuvo is in the Top6, that's why Hjalmarsson is a safe bet to stay and that's why we lost Buff, Niemi, Ladd, Bolland, Frolik and Saad. They wanted to get paid. No more cost controlled Players and they were gone.

You want to do what the Leafs did in the early 2000s. Great example of how you don't do it.
Hawks have had success with this strategy and you want to Change that. If you'd be the GM, you'd set that Franchise back for years, getting fired after year 2 and would leave with a lot of damage that takes years to fix.

You don't understand the Cap World, that's a simple reality that you Show here.

Getting rid of Bickell is something for next offseason. There will be no choice but it will be easier and the sweetener won't be Danault, 1st, Pokka or Schmaltz. It will be the guys that are replaceable. The Hinostrozas and Keros and Bauns of the world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad