Waived: Dano on waivers (Mod: Claimed by the Avs)

Will Dano clear waivers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Petan I understand, absolutely no reason to flush Dano right now in favour of Lemieux or Ves. Neither of those players have screamed can't keep me out of the lineup and both have options.

Dano may never have value but there is no way they need to potentially give him up for nothing right now, unless Chevy feels that strongly he'll pass through.

I think the Jets want to carry 22. Petan is ideal as a 13th forward, he plays every position. I think KV is just hanging around until Helsinki, don't see a reason to keep him beyond that. Lemieux should play, for heaven's sakes, he earned a shot in camp. He made players produce. He's been developed for 2 years and has some sorely needed grit, seldomly found outside of Lowry/Tanev and Buff.

Reactions: The Big M

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Think you`ve got this right. I suggest that the choice made reflects how much influence Maurice has in these decisions. But not sure what`s really at play - either Maurice`s complete disdain for anything Dano :)eek:) , or on the flip side, Maurice`s infatuation with KV`s style of play ,and his sense that KV will nicely fill a "role" in his imagined lineup in relatively short order. Suggests to me that management might plan to keep KV here longer than most think.

I think it is entirely correct for the coach to choose his team. It is then up to the GM to make it work. There may be occasional times when the GM has to tell the coach that he can't have a certain player or must have a certain player for roster management reasons. But generally, I think the coach should make those decisions, within the boundaries of what is doable.

Clearly PM must see a payoff from KV. But that is in the future, not now.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
He works hard in the practices I've watched, he came into this year's camp noticeably faster and stronger than previously and was very good to excellent in the preseason. You're right about not knowing the full backstory but he's been here for years and warmed the bench for years, and at the moment we have KVes and Lemmy who are both waiver-exempt -- so why waive him now? This is just one more head-scratcher this season for me.
you just answered your own question

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
it reminds me of when a certain poster here said that JC Lipon could be on another team's NHL line-up.
waivers say othewise

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think Edmonton makes a claim for him.

If not Edmonton I'd say Detroit, Florida, Vancouver or Montreal.

I'd be shocked altogether if he isn't claimed and is playing for the Moose.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I would not be shocked if he is claimed.
I would not be shocked if he is not claimed.

That's the way it goes.

I think Dano is an effective NHL player.
I think the Jets have a lot of other effective NHL players.

Is he slightly less or more effective than some other alternatives? Maybe.

I don't get the point of having someone like Lemieux, that doesn't need waivers, in the pressbox rather than being the alternative... *at least* until Petan gets some more time for them to make an informed decision on.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Once upon a time many here thought he had a bright future. One even created this.
ps4.png

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
The Dano situation is a bit sad as he was doing everything right and still got waived. He had a good pre-season and is on a cheap contract, so he does carry upside. His window just ran out, but it’s a bit unfortunate because he showed good things just prior.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
The Dano situation is a bit sad as he was doing everything right and still got waived. He had a good pre-season and is on a cheap contract, so he does carry upside. His window just ran out, but it’s a bit unfortunate because he showed good things just prior.
Completely fine with this.....wtd? Was never a Dano fan

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Completely fine with this.....wtd? Was never a Dano fan
I'm fine with it, and I don't mind Dano as a player he is just buried deep on a team with a lot of winger depth. The waiver rules are actually a player friendly part of the CBA that allows weaker teams to pick up talent rather than stronger teams being able to hoard it. Gives fringe guys a better chance at establishing an NHL career. Better to be set free than be a #15 forward.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
This is how we slowly start to come back to the pack talent wise. And by drafting late - or not drafting at all by picking up players at the deadline for a run.
It’s already happening. Windows are short and we no longer have a large group of future stars waiting to help.
Our window is now.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
So Dano clears waivers, big surprise not, just another who the local fan base overrated!

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Dano placed on waivers to make room for Petan

"We would have now a situation with Nic Petan coming back that we had to open up a roster spot," Maurice said following his team’s 3-1 victory over the Carolina Hurricanes on Sunday night.

"It’s difficult, but there’s more to this. First of all, the Winnipeg Jets come first, so we would keep the guys that we had kind of next in line for a game."

"But Marko has been an outstanding professional. Last year, he went through the entire year dealing with this, not being in. We want to give him an opportunity to play. And if he gets picked up, he’ll get an opportunity to go somewhere and play. And if not, we’ll look at getting him a chance to play with the Moose.

"He’s too young to go through what he went through last year," added Maurice.

Sounds like the Jets want Dano to play, and they are fine if it is somewhere else if it comes to that... if not it's the Moose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->