Waived: Dano on waivers (Mod: Claimed by the Avs)

Will Dano clear waivers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Petan, Lemieux, Dano > Petan, Lemieux
Not wanting to dig too deep into the Dano debate I just think he had fallen so far down the depth chart he was just sitting there as #14 forward also likely behind a Moose player or 2 since they are so easy to bring up and down playing out of the same city. We have also heard Maurice a couple times saying his preference is to go with a 22 player roster which would be 1 extra forward (Petan) and 1 extra D (Kuli) with Suess, Appleton, KV, Poolman and Niku all available off the Moose. This also is a pretty handy way to save some cap space if needed.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
i've talked to my sources and rumour is that Dano was on the depth charts 1 ahead of James Wright and one below 1st round forward prospect Logan Stanley

Reactions: wgpsensfan

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He plays tonight on the Avs 3rd line:

I'm really pulling for Dano to succeed. I don't think he got a fair chance in Wpg. He may have brought it on himself the past 2 years but he was in shape this year and should have had the available job out of TC, IMO. I think Lemieux was close and there is an argument that the Jets could use his truculence, as long as he doesn't take stupid penalties. But at worst Lemieux and Dano should have rotated in that job.

Colorado doesn't have our depth at wing so maybe he finally gets his opportunity. I hope he grabs it and plays well - except against us, of course. :)

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm really pulling for Dano to succeed. I don't think he got a fair chance in Wpg. He may have brought it on himself the past 2 years but he was in shape this year and should have had the available job out of TC, IMO. I think Lemieux was close and there is an argument that the Jets could use his truculence, as long as he doesn't take stupid penalties. But at worst Lemieux and Dano should have rotated in that job.

Colorado doesn't have our depth at wing so maybe he finally gets his opportunity. I hope he grabs it and plays well - except against us, of course. :)

Every season has exit interviews with players getting direction into off season training & expectations.

I would highly doubt any player is disregarding this advice. Dano was quite likely encouraged to spend his off season bulking up & with that came a significant loss of speed, particularly with his peculiar skating style. In his draft year he was noted in scouting reports for being quick & fast.

Wish him nothing but the best. Despite the lack of faith from Maurice, he always took his press box assignment with a smile. Perhaps that played a role. He was easy to sit & never pushed back.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Waive Dano & then send Vesalainen down...makes no sense.

The only reason why the Jets would wave Dano was to save the $ 850,000 per year contract they would pay him, and also the Jets felt they had better replacements.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Every season has exit interviews with players getting direction into off season training & expectations.

I would highly doubt any player is disregarding this advice. Dano was quite likely encouraged to spend his off season bulking up & with that came a significant loss of speed, particularly with his peculiar skating style. In his draft year he was noted in scouting reports for being quick & fast.

Wish him nothing but the best. Despite the lack of faith from Maurice, he always took his press box assignment with a smile. Perhaps that played a role. He was easy to sit & never pushed back.
I think it's highly unlikely that the Jets ever told Dano to "bulk up" in the off-season. That was all on him...

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I was firmly on the side of Dano not getting a true opportunity here in Winnipeg, but ultimately the move was probably best for him.

That said, four games in and he has yet to register point. Anyone with any reports on how he’s played?

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

The only reason why the Jets would wave Dano was to save the $ 850,000 per year contract they would pay him, and also the Jets felt they had better replacements.

And the Jets would be what I like to call... wrong. I'm not saying I'm Dano's biggest fan (we know who that is) but I don't see Lemmy or Vesa making anyone say Marko who?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
And the Jets would be what I like to call... wrong. I'm not saying I'm Dano's biggest fan (we know who that is) but I don't see Lemmy or Vesa making anyone say Marko who?
Not by giving Lemieux 5 minutes a game. I'd personally rather have had Dano than Petan.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Jets decided to get other guys in the line-up over Dano. It would be really unfair to keep Dano in the PB for two years in a row. Sometimes, a franchise needs to “do right” for a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad