Waived: Dano on waivers (Mod: Claimed by the Avs)

Will Dano clear waivers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Niku and Griffith look like NHL players playing in the AHL. Suess looked solid the 2 games I watched as well.

I agree with you Pucka Lucka--that Suess guy really looked good to me as well. He doesn't get to much attention on these boards "yet"-- but I wouldn't mind seeing him being called up this year for injuries to see what he can do --"he may surprise." Looks like a good skater, with decent speed, and he's also a good size I believe.

Reactions: 1stDan

potroaster

Jul 1, 2012
Dano was good depth at a paltry 800 grand. So what do we have now? Let's hope no one ever gets hurt. No one does in the NHL. We should be fine then. We let him go to make him feel better about things? Really? Lemieux is not going to fix this. Maybe his dad had something to say about this.

If It was all about the 800 grand, I will gladly set up a Go Fund me page to try to recoup the costs.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Dano was good depth at a paltry 800 grand. So what do we have now? Let's hope no one ever gets hurt. No one does in the NHL. We should be fine then. We let him go to make him feel better about things? Really? Lemieux is not going to fix this. Maybe his dad had something to say about this.

If It was all about the 800 grand, I will gladly set up a Go Fund me page to try to recoup the costs.
For now it looks like depth in order is Lemieux, Petan and then I'd guess opportunities for guys on the Moose (Suess, Appleton, Spacek, Griffith)

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

Dpn019PUUAE4k2W.jpg

Reactions: Jack722

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Looks liked quite a few NHL teams passed on Dano given that Colorado was the team that picked him up. That suggests to me that he didn’t have that much trade value and had a chance to actually clear waivers.

Well, it was time to move on. Can’t be too upset when we replace a player with better alternatives.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Looks liked quite a few NHL teams passed on Dano given that Colorado was the team that picked him up. That suggests to me that he didn’t have that much trade value and had a chance to actually clear waivers.

Well, it was time to move on. Can’t be too upset when we replace a player with better alternatives.
23 teams passed prior to the Avs, 15 of which missed playoffs last season.

There has always been a overvaluing on Dano on this forum. We were not getting anything of value for him, he was never going to see regular ice with us.

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Ehlers
Copp-Lowry-Tanev
Laine/Petan-Roslovic-Lemieux

Since we're using a line for development this year, might as well use this time to teach Laine how to play hockey.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
23 teams passed prior to the Avs, 15 of which missed playoffs last season.

There has always been a overvaluing on Dano on this forum. We were not getting anything of value for him, he was never going to see regular ice with us.
Until November 1, the waiver priority is last year's final standings from worst-to-first, so only 14 teams passed on him (all missed the playoffs). And might I remind you, the Jets are winless in the post-Dano era... :sarcasm:

Reactions: Oilpeg

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Until November 1, the waiver priority is last year's final standings from worst-to-first, so only 14 teams passed on him (all missed the playoffs). And might I remind you, the Jets are winless in the post-Dano era... :sarcasm:

They're also on a point streak.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
I challenge that sample size...

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

Maybe Dano wanted to be waived or traded?

I think most players in his shoes would want that. Maybe he wasn't in top shape for his first couple of camps, but he evidently worked hard this summer, had a good camp/preseason and found himself right back in the same pressbox spot. I'm sure he did ask.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think most players in his shoes would want that. Maybe he wasn't in top shape for his first couple of camps, but he evidently worked hard this summer, had a good camp/preseason and found himself right back in the same pressbox spot. I'm sure he did ask.
...back in the pressbox because a few young prospects had passed him in the overall depth chart. You can't really afford to take a couple of years off when you are 21 years old...

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
...back in the pressbox because a few young prospects had passed him in the overall depth chart. You can't really afford to take a couple of years off when you are 21 years old...
Well, you can't really afford to waste away in the pressbox for another year at 23, either. I don't know if he's been legitimately passed by anyone, but I think it would make sense for him to ask to be moved one way or the other at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad