Danny Syvret

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Bender said:
The Avs are ranked dead last but I'd take their scouting over the Rangers any day.

Don't forget. The Rangers did win that Cup. :D

And when some of these prospect's days are done the NYR pasture will be looking pretty tempting. :D

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
MrMastodonFarm said:
Sorry but, that means jack squat.

The organization rankings are nice and all, and they are fun to brag about on these messageboards, but they mean ****. The Rangers are one of the worst teams for drafting and developing talent over the last several years.. simple as that.

Well I guess a lot more people thought it meant something if it was published online... and what team are you talking about, the Texas Rangers? People bashed the Rangers for signing all these superstars, which is well-deserved, but then when we turn things around, they still bash... leads me to believe it's based on a lot of bias and very little insight. :shakehead

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
MrMastodonFarm said:
Sorry but, that means jack squat.

The organization rankings are nice and all, and they are fun to brag about on these messageboards, but they mean ****. The Rangers are one of the worst teams for drafting and developing talent over the last several years.. simple as that.

Pretty much. NYR's system is rated so highly because of the depth boost they received from having 8 picks in the first 3 rounds last year. None of those 8 picks had very good seasons this year.

In terms of their drafting/scouting record, pretty much every draft in the last decade is poor save for a fine draft in 2001.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
BobMarleyNYR said:
Well I guess a lot more people thought it meant something if it was published online...
lol, well... if it was published online then by all means it must be something. Lord knows when you publish something online it is now fact.

If you beleive the Rangers are now a great drafting team because of a prospect rankings by the Hockeys Future website then you're so far out to lunch, its funny. The Rangers have a poor history of drafting and developing players, and until all these great prospects they have start actually doing something in the NHL that reputation will continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->