Danny Syvret

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Will he be drafted this year after being passed over twice? If not, what round will he be taken in?

I'm guessin he will be drafted in mid rounds (3-5).

Who are some other players in the past that have been passed over TWICE and then selected?

Also, looking back to the past drafts (2003 and 2004) if the teams knew he would be a late bloomer where would he go?

My guess: 2003: mid to late 2nd round (Belle was taken 25th I think).
2004: late 1st round

Vic Rattlehead*

trahans99 said:
Will he be drafted this year after being passed over twice? If not, what round will he be taken in?

I'm guessin he will be drafted in mid rounds (3-5).

Who are some other players in the past that have been passed over TWICE and then selected?

Also, looking back to the past drafts (2003 and 2004) if the teams knew he would be a late bloomer where would he go?

My guess: 2003: mid to late 2nd round (Belle was taken 25th I think).
2004: late 1st round
If you guess mid rounds for 2005, why would he go higher in 2003? Isn't he better now then before?

Hockeyfan_86

Nov 26, 2003
I didn't know you could go into a draft more than twice. Is there a limit to how many times you can go in? :dunce:

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
I heard Pierre McGuire mention during a broadcast that he had talked to NHL gm's and they told him that they would be taking Syvret. When is anyones best guess, and mine would be around the 6th round.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Andrew_11 said:
I heard Pierre McGuire mention during a broadcast that he had talked to NHL gm's and they told him that they would be taking Syvret. When is anyones best guess, and mine would be around the 6th round.

There's a great chance the team that is set on taking him is a team with a Knights player on their prospect list. Anaheim or Edmonton scouts might've been to a Knights game to watch Perry or Schremp, and noticed Syvret play, and wanted to grab him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad