Danny Syvret

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
In his draft year, he simply wasn't on the radar.

The London Knights are put through a TON of conditioning, which is why you've seen a steady rise in the stock of guys like Perry, Bolland and Syvret.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
from what i've seen I like what I've seen from him. I believe size was an issue and he was unknown at the time of his draft year.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
I think that his size and his poor shot didn't helped him. But he's playing really well, so I think he might end up as a 3rd pairing blueliner somewhere. Especially in a 30 teams league, there'll be a place for him in a few years, I'm convinced.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
This is his version of Josh Gorges' 2003 season in Kelowna. And like Gorges, he'll get picked up at some point, and it will remain uncertain whether he's a pro prospect or not or just a really awesome junior player. I'd sign him or draft him in the later rounds if I had the chance.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Blind Gardien said:
This is his version of Josh Gorges' 2003 season in Kelowna. And like Gorges, he'll get picked up at some point, and it will remain uncertain whether he's a pro prospect or not or just a really awesome junior player. I'd sign him or draft him in the later rounds if I had the chance.

Definitely.

It's just another case of a player improving greatly through his junior career. When it came to be drafted, Syvret just wasn't good enough. But with hard work and persistance, he's become an exceptional junior player. And while the track record with these types of players isn't extensively great this far, in terms of NHL products, there are always exceptions to the rule. I'm sure someone picks up Syvret, but I'd say he's more likely to be signed, then drafted, much like Gorges was, simply because a team isn't going to want to use a draft pick on him, when they can simply try and sign him at seasons completion. Of course, if they REALLY really like him, then he could be drafted.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
I reckon one of the reasons he wasn't drafted was because of his shot, or lack thereof. He took it personally and improved it, though it's still not outstanding... but good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad