Danny Roussin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatter

Microagression King
Jul 9, 2004
Northern Idaho
I'd like to get all of your opinions on Danny Roussin. I am an avid Kings Fan and we jsut picked him up. Well not just but I just found this forum hehe. I have heard that he is only good becasue he was on a line with Crosby and I have heard that he played good with out him as well . PLease let me know what I can expect from him. What kind of player is he? Is he NHL ready? career potential?? strengths , weaknesses? etc..etc..etc..

davenash

Aug 2, 2005
Rimouski, PQ
I saw him play about 50 times in Rimouski and I sincerly doubt he will be a force in the NHL.

He reminds me of Pierre Dagenais. Both were tremendous goal scorers in the juniors but they are not the kind of guys that can carry the puck or create scoring chances.

He'll be a 4th liner at the best.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Maybe I'm in the minority but I actually think he could end up being a valuable NHL asset as a goal scoring second liner.

He was a very high QMJHL draft pick (5th overall) and there was a lot of hype about him a long time ago here (during his rookie Q season). He struggled in Sherbrooke and was shipped to Rimouski the following season (2003 his draft year). He managed to get drafted because he caught fire as soon as he arrived in Rimouski, scoring 38 points in 38 games (pre Crosby of course). But by then a lot of people had forgot about him a bit. Then Crosby arrives and he continues to produce, just at a higher rate of course.

He seems to have a real knack for scoring goals and if you can do that and you aren't a horrible skater, you should find yourself in todays NHL.

Look at someone like John Leclair, he's not a great skater, he's not an incredible force, but he's got a knack for scoring goals. Now I'm not saying I expect him to have Leclair type impact in the NHL. I'm just saying that with these goalscorers you never really know who's going to continue at the professional level.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
I think he can be a 40-50 points player in the NHL. But he's a risk because he needs to play on the top two lines and if he gets only 50 points, it won't be enough.

He's more talented than people think.

at least, he will have a GREAT carreer in the AHL.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Yeah, count me in as one in the minority who thinks he can be something. Roussin is very good at finding and exploiting holes in traffic, even if his skating isn't up to snuff. He has a good shot, decent creativity, and he's really always a threat.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I guess people will always tend to use Robitaille, or maybe Simmer or somebody like that as comparisons, just because they are guys who are familiar to everybody and found ways to score a lot of goals even if it was hard to point to the specific physical skill that allowed them to do that. Guys who just have a knack for finding an opening or who seem to just lob the puck at the net and it always manages to find a way to trickle through. Roussin has those knacks.

But anytime you make a stylistic comparison and mention superstars like Robitaille, or Simmer, or Steve Shutt, guys like that, well, it's not meant to imply that he could be that kind of player in the NHL, of course. Dozens of guys who have those traits come up through the ranks every year, and the ones who make it are exceptions. There's nothing to suggest that Roussin will make it. He's more likely to be another Mathieu Benoit than to ever make it in the NHL.

But who knows. I'd rather take a chance on a guy like that and see if he finds a way of making it than let him pass by and become somebody else's unexpected breakthrough. Those knacks he has are useful ones. And he doesn't seem to be a player who has ego or attitude problems that would make him a headache for coaches, beyond his uni-dimensionalness. So no harm in trying. If Kings fans want to hope for him as sort of a middle-ground Bob Kudelski type, that might be a more fair aspiration. Anything more is a bonus, anything less, well, most prospects don't make it anyway. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->