Recalled/Assigned: Danny O'Regan and Scott Wilson recalled, Lawrence Pilut sent down (2/22)

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Unite the O'Regan, Eichel, Rodrigues line!!!! He's UFA at the end of season, so it'll be a good look. Does this mean Sobotka is going to get scratched?!?!

Remember, Wilson put on a lot of weight and changed him game to a forechecker. Curious how he looks

Okposo is done, stay healthy man

Pilut was a project. He's nice, but he's a project and you're biased if you think otherwise. He needs to beef up to handle the NHL fore checkers.

Reactions: Mitts888

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Making moves! I think sending Pilut back for a stretch is the right move. Rochester needs him for the playoffs much worse than Buffalo needs him for the stretch.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Pilut is older , more experienced, and better than Tage Thompson, and I’m perfectly fine with Pilut going back to Rochester for a bit.

How does Thompson, who looks completely out of place, keep being gifted NHL minutes?

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I'm an Amerks fan so quite excited to have Pilut back. He'll be back in Buffalo. And we definitely need a good look at O'Regan in the NHL since he's a UFA this off-season.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Unite the O'Regan, Eichel, Rodrigues line!!!! He's UFA at the end of season, so it'll be a good look. Does this mean Sobotka is going to get scratched?!?!

Remember, Wilson put on a lot of weight and changed him game to a forechecker. Curious how he looks

Okposo is done, stay healthy man

Pilut was a project. He's nice, but he's a project and you're biased if you think otherwise. He needs to beef up to handle the NHL fore checkers.

Not exactly sure what you mean by project but it sounds you're saying he doesn't belong in the NHL atm which is flat-out wrong. Pilut essentially leads the team in 5v5 corsi while having more defensive zone starts than offensive..hes also the only player Risto is a positive corsi player with. He belongs on the roster over Scandella and Hunwick.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Pilut is older , more experienced, and better than Tage Thompson, and I’m perfectly fine with Pilut going back to Rochester for a bit.

How does Thompson, who looks completely out of place, keep being gifted NHL minutes?
It can only be because management believes he can learn to be an effective pro in the NHL better than he can in the AHL. And I don’t think it’s the wrong move.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I think Danny ends up in, wilson in the press box. Nothing changes with the status of sobotka

Reactions: Chainshot

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Good to hear, Pilut had a good run up here, but clearly the luster was worn off, and he was faltering more often lately. Good Decision to send him down.

As For O'Regan and Wilson, hopefully this means some much needed pressbox time and/or bags packed for someone like Thompson or Pommers.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
It can only be because management believes he can learn to be an effective pro in the NHL better than he can in the AHL. And I don’t think it’s the wrong move.

Considering there’s been no progression to date, it’s looking like it’s wrong to me.

Reactions: sabremike

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
This doesn't necessarily mean he's being sent to the Amerks to finish the season. He can recalled when the trade deadline expires to play the rest of the season with the Sabres and be eligible for the playoffs with the Amerks. That's SOP.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
You really can’t see a difference between now and October?
Not really. His skating still is average and only goes in one direction and only when he has the puck, his defense is atrocious and he is still dumb. But yeah a one timer evry now and then does stay in play so there is that. If we are now changing the narrative to its better to develop players in the NHL than the A, then Nylander who has a higher upside should be getting these minutes instead of a guy Bobblehead tries to make everyone think was an asset in the trade. Two cap dumps and a project.

Reactions: sabremike

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
You really can’t see a difference between now and October?

There’s a difference in his play for sure, but not at the level to justify him NEEDING to be on the main roster. He’s not playing at a NHL level.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
There’s a difference in his play for sure, but not at the level to justify him NEEDING to be on the main roster. He’s not playing at a NHL level.
His improvement was from being so awful that it was an embarrassment that he was actually on an NHL roster to merely being one of the two dozen or so worst players in the entire league. When watching Tage it helps to envision that you are watching a nature documentary of a newborn giraffe attempting to walk on his own for the first time.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Not really. His skating still is average and only goes in one direction and only when he has the puck, his defense is atrocious and he is still dumb. But yeah a one timer evry now and then does stay in play so there is that. If we are now changing the narrative to its better to develop players in the NHL than the A, then Nylander who has a higher upside should be getting these minutes instead of a guy Bobblehead tries to make everyone think was an asset in the trade. Two cap dumps and a project.
You should try to separate the fact that we got hosed in the ROR trade when you’re trying to gauge Thompson’s progress. I see a different player who has improved a lot - but still has a long, long way to go.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
His improvement was from being so awful that it was an embarrassment that he was actually on an NHL roster to merely being one of the two dozen or so worst players in the entire league. When watching Tage it helps to envision that you are watching a nature documentary of a newborn giraffe attempting to walk on his own for the first time.
Dramatic

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Can you? Really?
Without a doubt. Much less nonsense with the puck. More of a straight line approach. Better at finding space compared to the flat footed style we saw early.

It’s okay to acknowledge improvement, no matter how slight...we all know he has a ton of work to do and a shitload to improve upon. But there’s no need to be dramatic and imply he has regressed because you’re still salty about the bad trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad