Value of: Danny DeKeyser

razor ray

May 8, 2011
Supposedly Detroit was fielding calls on him during the trade deadline. I would imagine Detroit would want a draft pick and/or prospect in return.

Just turned 28 years old, $5 mill a year through 2021, and averages 20+ min per game. He does have a NTC but I would imagine he would like to play for a contender.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Would have a lot more value if he made a million or so less.

Retaining $1m (or, honestly, more) on DDK shouldn't be a big issue, if the return is good enough to trade him in the first place.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Ooohhh H
Lauzon is our 2nd round draft pick from last year.

And how do you not know Hunwick?
Ohhhhhhhh Hunwick the 32 year old barely a NHL player. And a a DMAN who might make the NHL in 4-5 years or might not ever make the AHL.

Gotcha.

razor ray

May 8, 2011
Ill throw one out there. I think Dallas needs a better supporting cast to show Seguin they are committed to winning. Perhaps if they let Hamhuis (who will be 36 this year) walk:

To Dallas

Danny DeKeyser
Det 4th round pick 2018

To Det

Dallas 1st round pick 2018 ( if not in top 3 in draft)

Dallas Defense would look like this:

LD
Age 18 Miro H.
Age 23 Lindell
Age 28 DeKeyser
Age 32 Methot

RD
Age 22 Honka
Age 25 Klingberg
Age 25 Johns

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Ill throw one out there. I think Dallas needs a better supporting cast to show Seguin they are committed to winning. Perhaps if they let Hamhuis (who will be 36 this year) walk:

To Dallas

Danny DeKeyser
Det 4th round pick 2018

To Det

Dallas 1st round pick 2018 ( if not in top 3 in draft)

Dallas Defense would look like this:

LD
Age 18 Miro H.
Age 23 Lindell
Age 28 DeKeyser
Age 32 Methot

RD
Age 22 Honka
Age 25 Klingberg
Age 25 Johns

There is no way Dallas does that... I mean maybe Stars fans will correct me, but I don't see DeKeyser and his contract having near that value.

Danny DeKeyser hasn't improved hardly at all since he entered the league. He is paid above his performance. Hard to see a first coming back at all for him.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Zachary Lauzon

:laugh: Well there you go, well I like his big brother a little more in terms of being more interested.

I knew I wasn't putting something together at that moment.

To get rid of DeKeyser's salary lots of things are tempting. Lots of term left there, as long as we aren't eating anything I will listen to a lot of deals on DeKeyser. Like I said before I am very dissatisfied with his progress. He is one of the weakest goal mouth defenders in the league. He struggles to tie guys up and is often out muscled. I think he is a NHL player and can be comfortably a #4 or #5 but that is a lot of money for one of those, especially a stay at home type that only plays well on the left side with minimal physical bite.

Hunwick's deal would come off the books before DeKeyser. They can probably do a little better though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad