Danny B returns to Philly

ICAPNASTYI

Dec 14, 2011
South Jersey
If you're going to the game tonight, how are you going to react to Briere's return? If you're not going to the game just say how you would react anyway.

Personally, I loved Briere here, he was just the victim of a bad contract. You won't hear any boos from me tonight.

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
I'll be there. There's not reason on earth not to cheer him. He helped revitalize this team after our worst season ever. Many good moments from him being booed in Montreal and him always scoring against the Sabres. Loved that Danny B would get a little dirty sometimes too. And of course his DOMINANCE in the playoffs. His SCF series was unreal. He legit turned into a superstar in the playoffs on most occasions.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Don't really care either way. Guy scored a lot, but he was also atrocious defensively and in most other facets of the game and occasionally took the bad penalty sticking up for himself with his stick.

If you're going to the game tonight, how are you going to react to Briere's return? If you're not going to the game just say how you would react anyway.

Personally, I loved Briere here, he was just the victim of a bad contract. You won't hear any boos from me tonight.

Not really. He was a victim of a bad contract, downward spiraling play, and a combination if injuries/aging.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I would cheer for him (pre and post game, not in-game). No bad blood from my perspective. He was probably my favorite player during his tenure here. I would have liked him to stay but he just wasn't worth the money.

I am, however, pretty shocked he went to MTL. I knew he would wind up somewhere, but he turned them down once and I thought they would be a little butthurt because of that. Either way, I look forward to see him tonight, hopefully he doesn't get any points. Maybe he drops the gloves with Giroux? That's what I want to see.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Briere should be treated with high regard. One of the classiest players to ever play in the league and has done so much good on and off the ice for the flyers. I would be so disappointed if he was booed.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia

May have gotten booed at some point, but hey he's on the other team.

Yeah that was to start. Every time he touched the puck after that he got booed. I would know I was at the game wearing my Richards C jersey. :laugh:

He answered the boos by laying Jake out with a big open ice hit. Also set up the OT game winner.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
No they didn't ???

He got cheered in pregame in warmups and his first shift and then got a standing o when they did a little tribute. Then he got booed the rest of the game every time he touched the puck just to make sure he knew what team he was on ;). I was at the game was fun to watch, cheer/boo til he set up Jack Johnson in OT for the game winner.

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
Well hearing Briere talk about the franchise, as much grief as we as fans have given him for his defensive play, etc,the more I respect him. He was a playoff warrior for us and for me, at least, that will never die. I would never boo him.WE cut ties with him and hes still very amicable. A consumate(sp) pro.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I've always respected him, it's not his fault his body isn't 27 anymore. It was pretty clear the effort was there, but the ability had left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad