Celebrity Death: Danny Aiello (86)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Veteran actor Danny Aiello -- known for his supporting roles in many acclaimed movies since the '70s -- died Thursday night ... TMZ has learned.

According to his family ... Danny passed away at a medical facility in New Jersey where he was being treated for a sudden illness. We're told he suffered an infection related to his treatment.

Great character actor who had success not only on film but on TV , On broadway and even musically. Also remembered for his role as Madonna's father in the video "Papa Dont Preach"

Was nominated for an academy award for his performance in "Do the Right Thing"

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Some of us don’t check the forum every day.

One of my favorite movies is 2 Days in the Valley, and not just for Charlize Theron in a neglige. Aiello pretty much owned that movie. Great flick.

I finally saw Do The Right Thing this year, and have to agree with the view that it should have won Oscars.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The guy was a New Yorker to his teeth. Was in more movies based in New York than you could shake a stick at and frequently acted on Broadway. One movie which nobody saw, Dinner Rush, is my favourite. Lousy title, but a clever movie about a guy (Aiello) who owns an upscale New York restaurant and has to deal with the Mafia.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Seriously , Not a single post about Aiello?

I typed up a post yesterday but didn't submit it because I was going to say that he seemed typecast as an Italian heavy, but I checked his filmography and realized that he did a lot more than that. I remember him best from his role in The Professional (aka Leon).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad