Post-Game Talk: Dank you very much (Canucks beat Sens 4-3 in OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
I like the idea of Tanev on the PP but it makes sense to keep him off there if he's not head and shoulders better than the vets we're paying to do the job. If Tanev gets an extra bunch of easy PP points that's handing him more leverage in his upcoming deal. Once he's locked up I'd be more open to the idea as long as it doesn't mean we have to play him significantly less in the situations he's already being relied upon. I think he skates and makes crisp passes better than anyone else so I see the appeal of getting him in there.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
A little late to the party...
But I'll share my thoughts.. if i even remember them now...

I'll skip over the Sedins... but that was sick! that whole game Daniel was just going. when was the last time we saw Daniel overshadow Henrik over the course of game like that? Both were amazing, but by far Daniel's best game in Long time. (i guess i didn't end up skipping over it... )

Miller - that was the type of game fans saw in St. Louis. 13 games in and we get our first taste of that side of the coin. I'll take that ratio! (Obviously i don't put Dal and LA on him, unlike this game if they lost). But good on him to recover and stabilize after they had that 3rd period push after tying it.

HIGGENS - after being the most frustrating player on the ice for me last game, comes out and has what i thought was his most lively and effective game of the season . That whole 2nd line looked great again, and Higgens did his part in spades doing a lot of the dirty work along the boards. Probably his most physical gm. Burrows & Bonino- covered plenty i'm sure...

Bieksa seems to have sparked himself these last couple of games... all of a sudden he's a -2 on the season.. what was he at his worst this season? something ridiculous. I thought he was our best dmen in the second half of the sharks game... (i skipped the LA game... as did the team apparently), and then he's continued the strong play over the last two here... When Sbisa gets back, that be a good 1-2 physical punch from the backend... flash a couple Edler and Stanton style step ups in there....

Tanev - his improvement from last yr is staggering in one key department - He's no longer getting wallpapered 3 times a game along the end boards. He's moving puck so much quicker, and his work has paid off and trickled into improving his outlet passing (now he needs to work on decision making in the offensive zone.. maybe later this season or next yr. I can wait. he's been very steady defensively.).

Edler - does anyone else see a swagger in his game?? am i seeing things? A lot less indecision thus far. so smooth when he's playing well. He just carries himself on the ice in way that instill confidence watching him... Just me?

Hansen - did his his job much better than expected.. Finish! Finnish! Fiinnissh! The fact he can get himself those scoring opportunities is a great attribute (speed and IQ)... those hands however..

Those were the only points that i remember... I'm sure if MS has done his regular summary somewhere, i'll read it and say 'oh yeah!' 17 times...

btdvox

Jul 5, 2013
Vancouver
I'm jealous of Ottawa Sens fans...

They get TSN for COVERAGE!!!!:rant::rant:

WTF, came home from the game and saw the away feed was TSN.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Tanev - his improvement from last yr is staggering in one key department - He's no longer getting wallpapered 3 times a game along the end boards. He's moving puck so much quicker, and his work has paid off and trickled into improving his outlet passing (now he needs to work on decision making in the offensive zone.. maybe later this season or next yr. I can wait. he's been very steady defensively.).

This is a good point. He'll still take a hit to make a play but he's not allowing himself to get stapled every time he goes back anymore.

Edler - does anyone else see a swagger in his game?? am i seeing things? A lot less indecision thus far. so smooth when he's playing well. He just carries himself on the ice in way that instill confidence watching him... Just me?

Another good point... definitely not just you. He makes decisions and goes with them and even when things aren't working out he manages to stay assertive. This is the best I've ever seen him play.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Next pre-game is up, first place looks so good on us.

tumblr_inline_mn8gpetuvu1qz4rgp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad