Denmark: Danish NT matches.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I made this thread to discuss roster and matches for the Danish NT training matches, which are not WC, OG-Qualification or Olympics:

So the Danish NT played against France in a training match today (5th of November) at the Norwegian Meca Hockey Games in Stavanger.

According to hockeymagasinet.dk the lineup was the following:
Goalies:
Sebastian Dahm
George Sørensen (backup)

1st line:
D-pair: Emil Kristensen, Jesper B. Jensen
Forwards. Morten Poulsen, Jesper Jensen, Thomas Spelling

2nd line:
D-pair: Daniel Nielsen, Oliver Lauridsen
Fowards: Kirill Starkov, Morten Green, Jannik Karvinen

3rd line:
D-pair: Nicholas B. Jensen, Markus Lauridsen
Forwards: Steffen Frank, Mads Lund, Mathias Bau Hansen

4'th line:
D-man: Mads Bødker –
Forwards: Henrik Nielsen, Anders Poulsen, Mathias Mølgaard

13th forwards: Kristoffer Lauridsen

So this looks like good thinking from the coach. You keep a d-pair structure, which can be easily changed a little bit to this during the WC:
1) Philip Larsen - Jesper B. Jensen [Jokerit pair]
2) Daniel Nielsen - Oliver Lauridsen [who were both awesome together last WC]
3) Stefan Lassen - Markus Lauridsen.
7th d-man: Emil Kristensen.

The forward lines is probably testing, who will be chosen for the 3rd and 4th line for WC.

So Denmark won 6-0 [Shots 34-14, 20-3 in the 2nd period !]
2G Morten Poulsen [he is also showing good form in EBEL and must be close to be "lock" for WC as he also works well on lower lines].
2G Daniel Nielsen [please continue scoring like that on the NT, like last year in the WC]
1G 1A Morten Green
1G 1A Kirill Starkov [good to see him back producing for the NT].
AND nobody scored on Sebastian Dahm.

EDIT
The official match-site has different production info: http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/boxscore.html?gameid=2778908 [includes rosters].
Danish goals 2-5 were all on the PP!
Kirill Starkov 2G 1A
Daniel Nielsen 2G 1A
Morten Poulsen 2G
Morten Green 2A

Last edited:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Very nice result, and I could really dig those potential d-lines!

Could also split up the Jokerit guys to exploit Jensens offensive skills a bit more ofcourse.

But Lauridsen-Nielsen was really good last year!

It is a little heartless to make bødker play without a partner:sarcasm: Got enough size issues as it is.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
No alternatives to Boedker? My god was he awfull last wc.

There were less bad games too..He should be given a chance to earn his chance after so long service. He has had really good tournaments in the past.

And I love his super smiling all positive post and presince game interviews :laugh:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Second game against Hungary was not so stellar, but Denmark won it in a Shootout 2-1.
Goal by Jannik Karvinen (assists Kirill Starkov and Morten Green) and shootout goal by Morten Green.
Shots 47-20 to Denmark, so Zoltan Hetenyi from Székesfehérvár was great in the Hungarian goal.
George Sørensen was the Danish goalie, playing his second overall games for the Danish NT.
Source: http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/boxscore.html?gameid=2778910

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Last match against home team Norway:
We lost 1-4 and 1 Norwegian out for unsportsmanlike conduct! 2nd period had 2*2 from each team out for roughing, so really all as usual. Norwegians provoke us into this kind of game and we loss the match.
Eventually they must learn?????
Shots was 30-25 to Denmark, yet the loss was very much due to an incredible bad start being behind 2-0 within 4 min (Damn letting in 2 goals on first 3 shots).
Steffen Frank scored the Danish goal.
Source: http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/boxscore.html?gameid=2778913

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
There were less bad games too..He should be given a chance to earn his chance after so long service. He has had really good tournaments in the past.

And I love his super smiling all positive post and presince game interviews :laugh:

He is an awesome charachter, no doubt :)

I was just stunned at how bad he was last wc, bc I remember him being alot better.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Tonights match against South Korea:

The lines are the following:
Source: http://ishockey.dk/

George Sørensen (Patrick Galbraith)
1: Emil Kristensen, Jesper B. Jensen – Morten Madsen, Peter Regin, Mads Christensen
2: Daniel Nielsen, Oliver Lauridsen – Frederik Storm, Morten Green, Patrick Bjorkstrand
3: Stefan Lassen, Markus Lauridsen – Steffen Frank, Anders Poulsen, Morten Poulsen
4: Mads Bødker – Mathias Bau, Søren Nielsen, Thomas Spelling

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Tonights match against South Korea:

The lines are the following:
Source: http://ishockey.dk/

George Sørensen (Patrick Galbraith)
1: Emil Kristensen, Jesper B. Jensen – Morten Madsen, Peter Regin, Mads Christensen
2: Daniel Nielsen, Oliver Lauridsen – Frederik Storm, Morten Green, Patrick Bjorkstrand
3: Stefan Lassen, Markus Lauridsen – Steffen Frank, Anders Poulsen, Morten Poulsen
4: Mads Bødker – Mathias Bau, Søren Nielsen, Thomas Spelling

Very nice february roster compared to the past...why isnt larsen going?

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I think he was injured few weeks ago... :sarcasm:

Missed that.

Confused notes from the game:

1 period:
A bit of a boring and confusing period.
Denmark had trouble getting the passing working. Denmark in control but South Korea with some dangerous chances....

Sørensen played well. Regin Calm on the puck.

2 period

Nothing seemed to work in first 9-10 minutes. Denmark having trouble adjusting to the play style, and its clear that the south koreans are used to a very different type of play. All our players play in european leagues with a lot of structure and organisation.
Korea deserves credit here too..Play with no fear...very fast forechecking and stressing the danish team constantly.

Denmark started figuring things out in the middle of the second period.
Smart pressure, started to shoot from the outside, instead of just trying to pass them to death.

Highlights:
Patrick Bjørkstrand scored on a daniel nielsen redirection.

George Sørensen with a MONSTER save with about 7 minutes left. George has been perfect so far. That save was followed by Bjørkstrand getting a penalty shot only a few seconds later which he didnt convert.

Period ends 1-0 Denmark...

Third period was of the same..

Christensen scored with about 7 minutes left...

I think the 4th line played well. Søren Nielsen showed energy, and initiative but still managed to play his 4th line role well.

Matthias Bau was probably one of out best players. used his ice time well.

Regin didnt play very well but you can still sense that he has something different than other players despite a few bad puck losses like the rest of the team.
George Sørensen with his second(I think) shutout for the senior national team..There is some eye test confusion going on when you watch george sørensen...He seems so small in the net that your brain tells you it shouldn't work but he just keeps making saves.

I think there should taken serious consideration to taking George if he continues to perform in the warm up games until the tournament.

Kid has great heart.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Thanks for the game summery.
Good to see George Sørensen continue to be excellent for the NT.
Just a bit surprised that the Danish team could be rattled so much by an "energy team".
They can expect other teams takes note of this, so they better find a solution to that problem.

So didn't see the game against Norway, but we won it 1-0 by a goal by Morten Madsen.
Frederik Storm missed a penalty and Thomas Spelling hit the crossbar when alone with the Norwegian goalie. Patrick Galbraith with a shutout, so two great games from our goalies.
Shots was 21-22 so pretty equal, but less penalties than we normally see in these derby's:
6min for Denmark and 4min for Norway.

krismunk

Apr 13, 2007
Rødovre, Denmark
Short comments on today's game...

Close game that could have gone either way with Norway applying the pressure throughout much of the third period. Final minutes were a nice exercise in control from the Danish team, though, Norway never even getting a chance to pull their goalie until the final 20 seconds.

Galbraith MOM with a strong performance, even if a couple of rebounds and loose pucks around the crease could have had a worse outcome. He had one or two nice glove saves on good shots and denied the Norwegians convincingly on a couple of breakaways, one off a bad Jesper B. Jensen turnover (apart from that he had a fine game) the other off a long pass straight down the middle that should never have found a player so wide open.

Defense overall pretty solid (apart from the above mentioned mistakes), though hard pressed to clear the zone on a few occasions when the Norwegians settled down, moved the puck around and applied sustained pressure.

Offense just OK. Good speed, nice effort, but not producing very much and not really clicking on all cylinders.

Really wanted to see that Spelling shot off the post in the net. Storm flubbed the PS completely.

PP unimpressive, PK looking good. Goal was short handed, off a 2 man rush, Green picking off a pass at mid ice and threatening the shot pulling the goalie to his near post, then deftly setting up Madsen across ice for a semi open goal.

Didn't notice individual players much. Regin conspciuous but not entirely convincing (nice defensive effort, took responsibility moving forward, but a few too many mistakes and not the difference maker one might have hoped for), Bau with plenty of effort though not always succesful, took a dumb penalty, O. Lauridsen is a poor skater but he got away with it...

Last edited:

Sofaw

Jan 3, 2016
Short comments on today's game

PP unimpressive, PK looking good. Goal was short handed, off a 2 man rush, Green picking off a pass at mid ice and threatening the shot pulling the goalie to his near post, then deftly setting up Madsen across ice for a semi open goal.

Didn't notice individual players much. Regin conspciuous but not entirely convincing (nice defensive effort, took responsibility moving forward, but a few too many mistakes and not the difference maker one might have hoped for), Bau with plenty of effort though not always succesful, took a dumb penalty, O. Lauridsen is a poor skater but he got away with it...

I agree, but what I did not like in the two games was the somewhat frequent blackouts defensively (mostly in the game vs South Korea). Besides that imo offensively team Denmark had possesion but did not play directly enough - pucks on goal, rebounds - with Storm and Bau as exceptions. Both things can be problem in the WC.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I agree, but what I did not like in the two games was the somewhat frequent blackouts defensively (mostly in the game vs South Korea). Besides that imo offensively team Denmark had possession but did not play directly enough - pucks on goal, rebounds - with Storm and Bau as exceptions. Both things can be problem in the WC.

We have seen this problem before happen with the Danish NT, when we meet teams that are equal level to us - having possession but not much really going on.
Coach needs to make sure we have a team that can change game-plans according to the needs; otherwise they are way to easy to read and defend against.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->