Rumor: Daniel Trottier new Executive Vice President for the Canadiens ?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Well, if true, I don't know anything about Trottier, but this is the type of executive we should be hiring. Not saying HE himself should be who we are hiring (he may very well be though), but these executives with extensive director to VP experience, with Masters degrees as well, are exactly the minds we need in the organization.

Edit: If he is replacing Alain Gauthier, I'm not sure this hire will have any impact on the professional team itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArsHabs

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I would have preferred to hear Bryan Trottier hired as the Habs new Center coach, Waite is great as a goalie coach, why not hire HOF players at each position to help developing all Habs players & prospects. Just seems like the sensible option, instead of a head coach & two Asst. Coaches running the system's. Having HOF defencemen - one that was a PMD, the other a Defensive Dman, teaching players all the tricks of the trade so to speak. Tradesmen always specialize in one aspect they excel at, with partners whose specialty is another aspect. Hockey should do this type of teaching, they have the money and it wouldn't go against the salary cap. Staying ahead of the competition is the way businesses succeed, Habs of all teams should be aware of the importance of Claude Ruel type teachers etc. etc. etc.:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad