Daniel Tkaczuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Does someone know what exactly hapened to Daniel Tkaczuk in St. Louis? I know that propects sometimes go bust. But he was traded for a "no1" goalie in Turek, was supposed to become an NHL captain in the Rob Brind'amour mold, and was drafted 6th overall.

What went wrong with his game that led to him being put on waivers before the season started and no one picked him up?

leafaholix*

He's playing in Finland.

Lukko... 5 goals, 8 assists in 20 games.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
go pierre hedin said:
Probably his crappy play.

So you're saying that he went from a 6th overall pick to a highly touted prospect in the Flames organization to a crappy player on the Blues' farm club? I don't take it. I think that it has to be more complicated than that.

Kariya = Hoser

espion said:
So you're saying that he went from a 6th overall pick to a highly touted prospect in the Flames organization to a crappy player on the Blues' farm club? I don't take it. I think that it has to be more complicated than that.

It happens to a lot of players...highly toughted in juniors...top prospect when drafted...and couldnt make the transition into the big league.

Brendl comes to mind...although he's still in the NHL, but barely

degroat*

espion said:

When the Blues got him from the Flames he was a 'crappy player', not the 'highly touted prospect'. If you need any proof of this, then I'll be glad to point out that the Flames traded him, Varlamov, and Brathwaite for a goaltender that was going to be a UFA (because the Blues weren't going to pick up the option that Calgary did) in just a few days.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Kariya = Hoser said:
It happens to a lot of players...highly toughted in juniors...top prospect when drafted...and couldnt make the transition into the big league.

Brendl comes to mind...although he's still in the NHL, but barely
I dunno about brendl is still has the skills to dominate IMO .. he looked good the last few games he played !!
I would take him in my team ... :D

DR. Holiday

Kryoptix said:
I dunno about brendl is still has the skills to dominate IMO .. he looked good the last few games he played !!
I would take him in my team ... :D
hey now 3 points in 2 games won't keep people from hating him. They know more than every NHL scout don't you know. He was a bust the day after being drafted according to many here. They have never seen him play but what does that matter,

Plager05

Mar 17, 2002
Sewers
Visit site
espion said:

No he was already pretty much a washout when the Flames traded him, the change of scenery didn't help him much. The Blues' ability at developing forwards didn't really help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad