Player Discussion Daniel Sprong

lordstanley91

Jan 22, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Congrats on Sprong. Many of us penguins fans loathed the way he was deployed by Mike Sullivan. Was never put in a position to succeed in Pitt good to see that’s changed already. You guys got a player that can develop into a beaut.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Super excited to have Sprong in Anaheim! I was hoping for the Ducks to draft him so great to have him via trade.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Sprong reminds me a lot of a young Kessel. This team is fun to watch again

That's exactly how I view him.

Sprong plays a very similar style to Kessel. Kessel learned over time to expand his game and become better defensively and forecheck more. I believe that Sprong can develop his game as well to that level.

In terms of lines, I agree that Kase should get moved up. But I think that he is better suited to play with Henrique and Sprong actually. I think that Ritchie might just be a bit too slow for that line. His pace is better suited to grind it out with Kesler and Silfverberg.

I would love to see this:
Rakell - Getzlaf - Aberg
Kase - Henrique - Sprong
Ritchie - Kesler - Silfverberg
Cogliano - Rowney - Sherwood

Thoughts?

Reactions: Pennaduck

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
That's exactly how I view him.

Sprong plays a very similar style to Kessel. Kessel learned over time to expand his game and become better defensively and forecheck more. I believe that Sprong can develop his game as well to that level.

In terms of lines, I agree that Kase should get moved up. But I think that he is better suited to play with Henrique and Sprong actually. I think that Ritchie might just be a bit too slow for that line. His pace is better suited to grind it out with Kesler and Silfverberg.

Rakell - Getzlaf - Aberg
Kase - Henrique - Sprong

Thoughts?
Looks really good to me. Best line on paper that I've seen.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Every GDT/Sprong thread is going to be Pens fans debating each other over Sprong and then coming into the GDT and calling any Anaheim player who looks bad in the 1 game they've watched all season garbage.

It's going to be a long ass season.
cut us a break......we still p.o. that we gave you fatty. now we may have given you a 30 goal scorer...in time we'll get over it...……………………….maybe not. :(

paine

Jun 4, 2007

Rakell - Getzlaf - Aberg
Kase - Henrique - Sprong

Thoughts?

Agree with Kase, Henrique, and Sprong. I'd try this:

Rakell - Getzlaf - Aberg
Kase - Henrique - Sprong
Ritchie - Rowney - Silfverberg
Cogliano - Kesler - Sherwood

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
in the burgh.....sully would of benched him right after that for taking a bad angel shot and not passing it to a team mate that had a better angel to shoot it.

He did pass it to the open teammate. It’s not his fault the best angle to pass from was a bounce pass off the inside of the net.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
in the burgh.....sully would of benched him right after that for taking a bad angel shot and not passing it to a team mate that had a better angel to shoot it.
Hard to find better angels on our team considering our "dirty team" reputation. Sprong is arguably our most angelic player seeing as he has played only one game for us.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Is that really how the PITT fans refer to Despres? Damn, that's not a good look.

I believe it was in reference to a rumor perpetrated by the PGH sports media one season (Rob Rossi iirc) that Despres came into camp way out of shape, which is why the coaching staff didn't like him anymore. Or something to that effect. So it became a running joke of sorts amongst some.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Quite the receding hairline at 21.

Attachments

• IMG_7161.JPG
    IMG_7161.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 19

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I don't know, most people don't want to go bald or gray in their 20s.
I'm going bald & i shave it like Getzlaf who's the same age as me.
Jason Statham made that style look cool & now Getzlaf as well.

So they can run a bald line with Getzlaf & Sprong. Could they work well together since Getz never shoots & Sprong mostly just shoots ? They could become the new 'Twins'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->