Daniel Sprong Containment Thread Part 3 | Mod Warning Post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
It's amazing how things change when someone's not used idiotically.
He is a liability away from the puck. He wouldn't get a chance on any team that values defense.

Let's be honest, I think anyone in the hockey world would trust Sully over Carlyle.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He is a liability away from the puck. He wouldn't get a chance on any team that values defense.

Let's be honest, I think anyone in the hockey world would trust Sully over Carlyle.
That isn't the issue. Sprong should be developing in wbs and called up as a reward. Instead the gm blew his donut on his elc first year and f***ed that up. People still can't grasp that. The fact Sprong is in the NHL now isn't his fault and neither is where his development is because he needed more time and it was obvious. The Pens upper management f***ed it up. This isn't opinion. It's a f***ing fact.

Reactions: Whakahere

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
That isn't the issue. Sprong should be developing in wbs and called up as a reward. Instead the gm blew his donut on his elc first year and ****ed that up. People still can't grasp that. The fact Sprong is in the NHL now isn't his fault and neither is where his development is because he needed more time and it was obvious. The Pens upper management ****ed it up. This isn't opinion. It's a ****ing fact.
I was under the impression he was tearing it up in WBS. He's obviously incredibly skilled and is on pace for like 30 goals this season on literally the worst offensive team in the league. Unfortunately, he's just not good enough for a team like the Pens.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

He actually made a couple of nice defensive plays for the Ducks yesterday.

No, I'm not pushing for him to suddenly get Selke votes. But I just thought the timing of the above post was hilarious given how he then went out and played *not* like a liability away from the puck.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
He actually made a couple of nice defensive plays for the Ducks yesterday.

No, I'm not pushing for him to suddenly get Selke votes. But I just thought the timing of the above post was hilarious given how he then went out and played *not* like a liability away from the puck.
People on here who dont even watch him play ( or dont understand what they're watching) make comments like that. Even when he was here, he gave solid defensive efforts on most nights but he would routinely get outmuscled, or be out of position; but that happens to most 21 year olds do in this league.

It wasn't about not giving effort in the defensive zone though.

Posters on here just parrot things to parrot things. It's funny in a way, but also quite bizarre.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
This is close enough to the post limit that I'm going to close it. At this point, I would think that everything that could be said has been, at least twice. If, however, you still wish to keep discussing the subject then someone can start another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad