Waived: Daniel Sprong (cleared)

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Obviously not one team had interest in trading for him and he has no place on this team. Never really fit to begin with
Another garbage Murray move

Oct 18, 2011
Hopefully he makes it thru. Wasting a roster spot on a guy like Deslauirers and losing a goal scorer isn't great asset management especially since you have up a D to get him

Reactions: 11Justin93

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Yeah I can't believe it.
It just makes the trade for him look worse. And the team hasn’t even given him a chance to play under an actual coach that isn’t Randy.

Potentially lose the only pure goal scorer we have because he isn’t a Silf caliber defensive player is such a dumb move.

Reactions: 11Justin93

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Wow this is the dumbest move of the year. If he clears waivers though San Diego gets a big Power play producer. Comtois/Lundestrom/Sprong in SD.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Something is up with this kid behind the scenes. He has too much talent and actually proved some of it in Anaheim. This is the fifth coaching staff to treat him like this and the behavior was also widely reported in juniors.
Only thing i've noticed is he does seem a little awkward in interviews like Kaliyev.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
so f***ing stupid. I can't f***ing stand our GM. Pay a 4th for Deslauriers and likely lose Sprong for nothing. Good thing we don't need another defenseman since we gave up a solid one for Sprong. Oh wait...

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Did Jones really impress that much as to make Sprong expendable?
Jones looked better to me than sprong, but i wouldnt say sprong looked bad at the same time.

Couldn't we just trade sprong to Edmonton for like bear or something?

odd that wed waive him over potentially trade him :S, and if he does go through waivers... I imagine hes going to demand a trade.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I get why fans are pissed as he has some elite offensive skills, which the ducks lack... But my god he's lost when he doesn't have the puck offensively and an absolute liability defensively. Who knows what's going on behind the scenes but the lack of overall hockey sense seems to be his blocker.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I get why fans are pissed as he has some elite offensive skills, which the ducks lack... But my god he's lost when he doesn't have the puck offensively and an absolute liability defensively. Who knows what's going on behind the scenes but the lack of overall hockey sense seems to be his blocker.

It's not just about his play on the ice. It's about giving up an asset that we could really use right now for him, and now likely losing him for nothing.

On top of that, our team is full of guys that are good young players, but they're waiver exempt, and not all of them, IMO, have been good enough to definitely make the big club. For f***'s sake, why not just waive someone like Grant who would easily pass through right now?

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Well it's a good thing we have a ton of players with elite offensive skills that we can just throw them away for nothing..... :laugh:

We have more then enough solid defensive forwards, not everyone is going to be some sort of 2-way superstar. Heck, he showed some improvement in his defensive play over the course of last season too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad