Daniel Sedin - 5 ESG - $7 MILLION

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
My only curiosity is whether the Sedins retire in Vancouver, or get packaged together for one last shot somewhere else. I'm not sure who would trade for them knowing they need to acquire both.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
My only curiosity is whether the Sedins retire in Vancouver, or get packaged together for one last shot somewhere else. I'm not sure who would trade for them knowing they need to acquire both.

They won't play anywhere but Vancouver or MODO. I would expect they play a couple seasons in MODO once these contracts are up in Vancouver, and then retire.

roboninja

EYG
Aug 3, 2006
Beniot Pouliot and David Perron have combined for 8 goals total this year (same as Daniel) for a cap hit of $7,812,500.... shouldn't you be more concerned about the Oilers than the Canucks?

You mean the Pouliot that has been out injured for over a month?

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
That's pretty pathetic.

What's it have to do with the topic ?

You're asking about players that haven't played well, just pointing out those that haven't.

Anyways, as someone has already pointed out, he actually has 5 goals at even strength, maybe that's not enough for you. But look around the league and you'll see there's a lot of players that haven't done better (i.e. Semin and his $7 million cap hit with his 1 goal and 6 points in 22 games. Surely that's a bigger problem then Sedin).

You mean the Pouliot that has been out injured for over a month?

Oh sorry, should have clarified that.... 8 goals in 58 games.... that sound better?

Surely it's time to close this thread, not only is the OP wrong in suggesting Daniel only has 2 even strength goals. He's clearly not the Canucks sole goal scorer on that line as his linemates have scored 14 goals at even strength. I'm sure most Canuck fans are happy with his point total through 35 games.

who_me?

Oct 7, 2003

This is how it's going to play out: During their last year of their current contract, they will refuse to be traded to a playoff contender as a rental (even though it would return a nice package of picks and prospects for Vancouver). They will then either retire, go back to Sweden, or sign with the Red Wings.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
There are almost 700 players in the NHL and Daniel Sedin is 21st in scoring.

Here is your straw:

||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||

keep grasping

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Daniel is riding the coattails of Henrik/Vrbata. the stats are misleading. he's the worst forward on the ice most nights.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Sidney Crosby. 8 ES goals, $8.7m. Bust.

I like where you're going with this.

Malkin - 8
Zetterberg - 8
St. Louis - 8
Datsyuk - 8
Benn - 7
Hall - 7
Giroux - 6
Carter - 6
Hossa - 5
Spezza - 5
Karlsson - 5
Weber - 5
Keith - 5
Subban - 5
Eberle - 5
E. Staal - 5
Gaborik - 5
Marleau - 4
Kopitar - 4
Turris - 4
Landeskog - 4
Vanek - 4
Koivu - 4
Mackinnon - 3
Backes - 3
E. Kane - 3
Krajci - 3

I think the points has been made.

Daniel is top 20 in even strength assists anyways.

Ho Borvat

Sep 29, 2009
Even Strength Goal?

I think it's pretty common knowledge that the Sedins have lost a step since their prime years. However, they are still very skilled players, and their game obviously works best on the PP.

Daniel is on pace right now for just over 70 points. Regardless of how he gets those points, that's still not bad value at 7 million. It'll be the last 2 years of their contracts where the Sedins really become bad value. Over the next couple of years, I see them devolving into 50ish point one dimensional players.

Out of curiosity, why are they going to become one dimensional? They drive play at an elite level, and their whole game is predicated on puck possession. I can see them tapering down to average 1st liners in the last year of their deal (50-60 point guys) but I don't imagine them ever being 1 dimensional..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad