Daniel paille

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
68 games 15 goals 12 assists ^^^^^^^Pailles totals including Reg and post season. Sure we have our 3rd liner!! put Smith, Caron whoever on 4th line.
Soderberg---Kelly---Paille could be a fast offensive 3rd line and I believe it's truly a shot. Anyone else agree with me on this one?? One thing for sure; the man has deserved it and should be rewarfded for his hard work, if not now, somewhere down the road.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
68 games 15 goals 12 assists ^^^^^^^Pailles totals including Reg and post season. Sure we have our 3rd liner!! put Smith, Caron whoever on 4th line.
Soderberg---Kelly---Paille could be a fast offensive 3rd line and I believe it's truly a shot. Anyone else agree with me on this one?? One thing for sure; the man has deserved it and should be rewarfded for his hard work, if not now, somewhere down the road.

While, I believe he deserves a shot. Paille, is best on our 4th line. Getting the points he did as a 4th liner is amazing, but when put in a role and expected to put up points, I'd be hesitant to use him as a somewhat permanent solution.

Unless someone really sticks out, I believe that's the position they'll upgrade again at deadline.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I agree with you. But not too many do. Messing with the Merlot line is just not an option for most.

Not only does Paille deserve it, but he has chemistry with Kelly...as we saw down the stretch last year. That's really the most important thing. We spent a good portion of last year trying to find guys who would work well with Kelly...I wouldn't personally move off that.

Paille-Kelly-Soderberg would be interesting. Defensive lock.

All this being said, I'm interested to see how Reilly Smith works out. The Bruins are high on him.

Smith-Kelly-Soderberg is more conducive to getting Soderberg going offensively. That's the way the Bruins look at it, I guess. With Kelly there, I can still feel safe that this line can hold their own defensively.

Plus, I think the Bruins brass likes hearing "Best 4th Line in the game," all the time. ;) :laugh:

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
There are reasons why Neal plays with Malkin instead of Crosby while Kunitz gets top line minutes despite being a tad better than Micheal Ryder, its called Chemistry, Paille has amazing Chemistry with the fourth line and it helps them all score more often as a line, put Caron on that line and it goes to ****, becomes a regular run of the mill 4th line, Soderberg-Kelly-Smith will do just fine, people need to realize just how important chemistry is.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Numerous reasons this won't happen.

He played great and i love him but his hot streak didn't start until the "pie counter" thread was posted to track how many break aways he gut shot haha.

He has amazing speed and hockey sense but he WILL NEVER be a consistant offensive threat. Enjoy him for what he is....

Put him on the 3rd line and he turns into PJ Axelsson with Savard

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Paille, Campbell and Thornton have amazing chemistry-Thornton made a comment last season that the three of them play so well together it's like the read each others minds.

These three pieces are why that line is successful-mess around with it and it isn't going to be. Also I am not sure Paille's minutes would significantly increase nor his points-he scores because the 4th line works.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
Based on his play, he probably deserves a shot.

I was skeptical last year when people were saying that he was a possible solution on the 3rd line, but he proved me wrong with the way he played and produced. Is that the type of production you will get out of him over an 82 games schedule? I'm not sure about that, but he can certainly provide a shot of adrenaline if that line falters.

I think they are going to start Paille on the 4th line. That line is a known commodity, maybe the best in the league, and there is incredible chemistry there. Ideally, those guys will play together, assuming your third line is producing.

I also think they want to give Smith, a guy with more upside, a chance to show them what he can do. I also think that Smith is used to playing on his off wing, whereas one of Soderberg or Paille would be forced to their off wing where they are not used to playing, if Paille was moved up a line.

In short, I think he will be the first to get a crack at a third line spot if things don't work out as planned.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
Yes he could easily fit and do well on the third line.
The increase it would do to have him on the third line would be negated by the lack of production on our fourth line.
Best fourth line in the NHL because of Danny P my home town boy.....

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Caron and Thornton on the same line would be the worst line in hockey.

I agree-can we say they would go from being a dominant fourth line to a slow line that will get pinned in the defensive in every shift.

This is where I think Johnson or Lindblad would be better-both had better speed and seemed to have the kind of jam the line needs-Caron does not.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
I would leave it as is. Paille is not that much of an improvement over Smith to go messing with Chemistry. Smith also has far more offensive potential for that line.

I like the idea of Soderberg-Kelly-Smith. Spooner can start the season in the minors, hopefully dominate and force management into giving him that 3rd line center spot in the near future. Then Soderberg-Spooner-Smith could end up being a good young talented 3rd line.

As the Merlot line begins to ride off into the sunset. Hard hitting prospects like Knight and Camara can work their way into the line up through those spots.

Overall I like Paille and he does a great job at what he does. However with how deep this team’s prospect pool is I am not sure I see him being part of the team after his current contract expires.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
It will probably never come to pass...but I always liked the idea of moving Paille up with Kelly...and starting Knight out with Campbell and Thornton...

Looks like the window for that just isn't going to happen. Knight isn't ready, I guess.

But man, Knight would fit in SO well with those guys if the time was right. That line just looks awesome on paper.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
While, I believe he deserves a shot. Paille, is best on our 4th line. Getting the points he did as a 4th liner is amazing, but when put in a role and expected to put up points, I'd be hesitant to use him as a somewhat permanent solution.

Unless someone really sticks out, I believe that's the position they'll upgrade again at deadline.

Agreed. Paille is one of my favorite players,a beautiful skater,but I think it benefits the Bruins more by having him on the 4th line.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I would leave it as is. Paille is not that much of an improvement over Smith to go messing with Chemistry. Smith also has far more offensive potential for that line.

I like the idea of Soderberg-Kelly-Smith. Spooner can start the season in the minors, hopefully dominate and force management into giving him that 3rd line center spot in the near future. Then Soderberg-Spooner-Smith could end up being a good young talented 3rd line.

As the Merlot line begins to ride off into the sunset. Hard hitting prospects like Knight and Camara can work their way into the line up through those spots.

Overall I like Paille and he does a great job at what he does. However with how deep this team’s prospect pool is I am not sure I see him being part of the team after his current contract expires.
Not sure how you can say that about Paille being replaceable. He is easily the best player in the bottom six.The guy always comes to play,he is not someone you move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->