Player Discussion Daniel O'Regan - F, UFA - Signed by the Rangers 7/1/19

keithLGA

Jun 2, 2009
Rochester, NY
www.letsgoamerks.com
Seems premature to speculate since he's under contract, but honestly, he's not doing so much in Rochester that it will come as a big blow if he does go to the DEL.
It'd be a big blow right now. He can be replaced next season but he's doing more than many others. O'Regan has 12 goals, tied with Wayne Simpson (an AHL guy). Only Redmond and CJ Smith are ahead of him with 16 goals each. Wouldn't exactly call that not doing so much.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
It'd be a big blow right now. He can be replaced next season but he's doing more than many others. O'Regan has 12 goals, tied with Wayne Simpson (an AHL guy). Only Redmond and CJ Smith are ahead of him with 16 goals each. Wouldn't exactly call that not doing so much.

Yeah, I saw his stat line. I'm not saying he's a scrub, but on the Sabres depth chart, it's not a big blow. Points-wise, DoR is on pace to be right in the 50 range. Last season, there were 50 guys in the AHL who had that total or better. I'm saying that he's replaceable. It would suck to lose a decent AHL depth center, but it's not like he's an AHL all star putting up Chris Taylor numbers. He's a 2nd line AHL center.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I still think it's crazy how little Kane returned or more specifically, how little other GMs valued him.
He was in the middle of an incredible slump when Botterill finally pulled the trigger on dealing him. If he had been traded in December his value would have been higher, but after literally scoring two points in the entire month of January it's frankly amazing that he even returned as much as he did.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
He was in the middle of an incredible slump when Botterill finally pulled the trigger on dealing him. If he had been traded in December his value would have been higher, but after literally scoring two points in the entire month of January it's frankly amazing that he even returned as much as he did.
Nobody wanted him

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Both Tage Thompson and Danny O'Regan were question marks to me when these deals went down. I must confess, both have surprised me.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
O’Regan is really good at gaining the zone with puck control, I saw him doing this consistently last night and that’s a skill the Sabres are sorely missing. He generated a lot of chances and had that great tricky snapshot to tie it up. Very impressed with his game last night.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
O’Regan is really good at gaining the zone with puck control, I saw him doing this consistently last night and that’s a skill the Sabres are sorely missing. He generated a lot of chances and had that great tricky snapshot to tie it up. Very impressed with his game last night.
Does he have noticeable speed?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
7 goals in his last 11 GP, cashing on SO attempts... still wouldn't be surprised if he at least gets a taste.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Jeff Skinner has 30 goals, and Reinhart is at almost a point a game, but ya, let's try freaking O'Regan and Erod on his line. I understand wanting to spread the wealth, but why do you want Eichel playing with 2 scrubs?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Jeff Skinner has 30 goals, and Reinhart is at almost a point a game, but ya, let's try freaking O'Regan and Erod on his line. I understand wanting to spread the wealth, but why do you want Eichel playing with 2 scrubs?

If the team is completely out of the playoff picture late in the season, why not experiment with different line combinations to see if something like this working to increase scoring depth throughout the lineup?

O'Regan-Eichel-ERod
Skinner-Mitts-Reinhart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->