Daniel Larsson

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Anyone have any news on this guy? He seems to still be putting up good numbers in Sweden.

Is he completely out of the hunt for a future Red Wings goaltender now? Even as a back up. Dude is 26 and seems to step it up in the playoffs/tournaments.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Anyone have any news on this guy? He seems to still be putting up good numbers in Sweden.

Is he completely out of the hunt for a future Red Wings goaltender now? Even as a back up. Dude is 26 and seems to step it up in the playoffs/tournaments.

Dunno.

He refused to go the AHL-road anymore, and that's understandable. He can get better salary range at Europe.

We have Howard and Gustavsson now for 2 years, after that the other of Mrazek or McCollum could be ready.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Dunno.

He refused to go the AHL-road anymore, and that's understandable. He can get better salary range at Europe.

We have Howard and Gustavsson now for 2 years, after that the other of Mrazek or McCollum could be ready.

Not to mention Patterson (fingers crossed), he is looking pretty good at Team Canada's World Jrs camp

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

He really hasn't been doing that well. He's one of the lower-tier starters in the SEL nowadays. He maintained above average stats for two years when he played for a great team. The really good SEL goalies hover around .930sv%.

Son of Krypton

Well, comparatively, his numbers aren't that good.
The SEL is a low-scoring league.

He's got 14 goalies ahead of him in both GAA and SVS%, and that's in a league with 12 teams.
5 wins in 19 games.

Yes, his team is next to last in the standings and from what I've seen of AIK, Larsson has been one of their better players.
But he played two seasons for perennial contenders HV71, and they lost in the first round of the playoffs both seasons, and he was the first player they let go when his contract expired.
So I don't know...

He's said in the past that he has no real interest in hockey, and never watches it unless he's forced to.
He just want to tend his goal and win games, and then focus on important stuff, like snowmobiles. ;)
I don't know if that's still the case, but he seems to play a lot on inspiration (standing on his head once in a while), and perhaps he's taking the whole hockey thing a bit too lightly, even if he comes off as headstrong on the ice.

In my eyes, he's a long way from the NHL at this point (even as a backup).

Just my two cents. But to be fair, I haven't followed him closely.
Fans of HV71 or AIK could probably give you a better scouting report.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Yeah, that ship has sailed into the night. If he had any interest in pursuing the NHL he would have stayed in GR when Jimmy made the DRW. We've had terrible goaltending depth until the past year or so which meant when he bailed he actually had a good opportunity to find his place in the organization...probably somewhere between Joey MacDonald and Jimmy Howard.

With Mrazek looking very good, McCollum showing signs of life and now Jake Paterson getting himself into the mix I simply don't see Larsson fighting it out among that amount of competition when his only real competition when he was a legit prospect was Jimmy Howard.

He ain't coming back.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Yeah, that ship has sailed into the night. If he had any interest in pursuing the NHL he would have stayed in GR when Jimmy made the DRW. We've had terrible goaltending depth until the past year or so which meant when he bailed he actually had a good opportunity to find his place in the organization...probably somewhere between Joey MacDonald and Jimmy Howard.

With Mrazek looking very good, McCollum showing signs of life and now Jake Paterson getting himself into the mix I simply don't see Larsson fighting it out among that amount of competition when his only real competition when he was a legit prospect was Jimmy Howard.

He ain't coming back.

Thanks for the update guys. Too bad, thought I had a nice sleeper pick there. Go Mrazek!

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->