Daniel Fernholm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Hey guys, ok so he just signed with Pittsburgh a couple days ago, anyone know much about him? I know there arent a heck of alot of diehard Penguins fans that know their teams prospect base but this guy looks like he might have a bit of potential to be a player for them down the road. Anyone know what his plans are for next year/ Is he coming over to play in Wilkes Barrie? Anyone got a take on him? How good is he?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Alot of potential but has had injury problems.

Honestly I was shocked we got him signed. I thought he was going to be another Malenkykh.

He's most definitely a project player. I doubt we'll see him in Pittsburgh for at least two years.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Thanks for the updates, whos this Milanhyk or whatever you speak of, like by comparing fernholm to him what are you saying? I dont know how this other players career has gone. Is Fernholm coming to Wilkes?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Eb0la11 said:
Thanks for the updates, whos this Milanhyk or whatever you speak of, like by comparing fernholm to him what are you saying? I dont know how this other players career has gone. Is Fernholm coming to Wilkes?

Malenkykh was a 1999 draftee of the Pens that most feel could play in the NHL easily but hasn't come over and 99.9% guarantee that he never will for a miriad of reasons, mainly being that he wants a one-way contract and Patrick apaprently wasn't willing to give it to him.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Fernholm was highly rated during his draft year but fell to the 4th round due to injury and incosistency concerns.

From the HF 2002 Draft Preview (http://www.hockeysfuture.com/2002draftpreview.php)...

Position: Defenseman
Born: 1983
Height: 6-4
Weight: 220
Fernholm is the highest ranked Swedish prospect for the 2002 NHL Entry Draft. NHL scouts have been taking notice of his game for quite some time. This big defenseman first received attention during the 99-00 season playing with Mora of the Swedish junior league.

A huge defenseman with impressive overall skills, Fernholm is surprisingly mobile for his size and he can play well at both ends. He will need to play even tougher, considering his physical advantage. All in all, Daniel doesn't have many weaknesses to his game, but his development would greatly emphasize on slightly polishing all the aspects of his game. Fernholm needs to play a more determined style around his own goalie and along the boards, as well as further develop his shot and passing game.

HF Projection: Defensive Defenseman

He is a big defenseman and remains a project. He'll need at least two years in the minors before he's ready for the NHL. He has all the skills, he just needs to finally put it all together.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Fernholm played very well in the end of last season with Djurgården, and showed that he could use his body effectively and also showed some nice puck moving skills. He aint ready for the NHL, but was selected to represent Sweden in the first tournament in Euro Hockey Tour, although he can't play due to his NHL signing. He was supposed to play reguraly in Djurgården this year, and probably log a lot of minutes on the boxplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->