Daniel Carcillo

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
I have been pleasantly surprised with Carbomb's play to date this season and have appreciated the extra physicality and snarl he has added to the bottom 6 along with the unexpected offensive output, however...

he looks to me like he's got "the twitch."

By "the twitch" I mean, he's got the look in his eyes and the snarl in his face that he looks like at any minute he could pull off his skate and stab people and I would not be surprised.

I noticed it building on the road trip i.e. the scene with Shaw having to restrain him from getting a suspension by engaging in a fight after the Oduya hit in the Ducks game and then him wanting a fight from the get-go against the Kings before finally getting it at the end. I hoped that was just him going a little crazier than usual because of the extra stresses of a long road trip and being away from his new baby, and that maybe he could get back to more of the more careful guy he was to start the year once he got back on home ice. But I didn't see any of that calmer Carcillo on the ice tonight against the Blues.

Maybe it's just him getting amped for the playoffs and this is a sort of unpredictability and danger the Hawks want him to bring to throw off the opponents?

Maybe he's getting nervous about his place in the lineup with Nordstrom doing OK and Sharp almost back?

Whatever it is... I wish he would just chill out. Do some yoga or take a spa day or meditate or pet a kitty or sing his kid a lullaby or something and chill out.

Because he's stressing me out with the nervous energy I'm expending the last few games watching him and hoping that for the sake of himself, his new child, and this team that he doesn't just like totally snap.

(This concludes a thread in which I complain about the only thing I can think to complain about immediately after the Hawks extend their winning streak against Western Conference playoff teams from last year to 4 games.)

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
He still has his idiotic moments, and I can't help but think he's a step away from a suspension at times, but he's been extremely solid for us for the most part. No real complaints at his cap hit.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He's exactly what we needed tonight. As long as he can keep his cool when the games really matter, he is the perfect 12th forward for this team.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Think Carbomb has been a good addition to the team. He seems to have cut down on stupid penalties and concentrated more on actually drawing them, no silly over the top shenanigans either. Been involved in cycling the puck in the o-zone and generally causing trouble for the opposing team with hard forechecking and even potted a couple of goals. Overall he's shown that he has actual hockey skills, which I never doubted. If he can keep it up then it was a good signing.

If the Hawks win the Cup this season, then it's irrefutable proof that Carcillo is the difference in winning and not winning it.:sarcasm:

Last edited:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
He's been really good for us. He's been the perfect energy guy and has played within himself. He definitely has been a bit more reckless the past few games though.

I said it in the Blues GDT half joking but he's definitely due to get injured/suspended. The problem is that the other half is me being serious. I really hope he's turned the corner but I have my doubts. Lord knows I've been wrong before though.

Martin Riggs

You wanna see crazy?
Jan 27, 2014
LAPD- Homicide
He's been suprisingly good I have to admit. Almost makes me want to take back the Chris Farley angry reaction gif I posted when news broke out we signed him. Almost.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
hes has been great...gives a lot of energy. Can tell that his teammates really like him and like when he scores. Perfect fit for the hawks especially at 550k or whatever hes making.

DayNah

Ship it donk!
Feb 11, 2010
Always been a fan of him. That being said I'm not going to be surprised when he does something crazy and get a 5-10 game suspension. Who's still upset we lost Bollig? Not me in the least.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Always been a fan of him. That being said I'm not going to be surprised when he does something crazy and get a 5-10 game suspension. Who's still upset we lost Bollig? Not me in the least.

To be "still" upset implies that someone was upset in the first place. If anyone was they were a damn fool.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I'm glad to see some of the nay sayers coming around. I was pleased when he got Carcillo the first time, and wasn't let down by his play. It seeemed so out of character for Stan, but I'm pretty sure Q had a lot to do with his acquisition back then. Then, after the suspension which was more reputation oriented than anything (and which was ridiculously overblown here), I reckoned he was long gone. Hence I was shocked when we acquired him again to begin this season. Again, I have been pleased with his contribution but like many I was worried about the aftermath of his knee surgery, but he is skating well and I'd like that 3rd line to remain intact.

Does he worry me a bit when he gets that fire in his eye? Yes, but that is how he plays, and needs to play to be effective. As a Hawk, knock on wood, he has shown a penchant for drawing more penalties than he has taken, and (hopefully) he knows more than anyone that he needs to stay in control or he will quickly be in the press box.

I like that Carcillo, and to a lesser extent Nordstrom, have added some much needed grit to our bottom 6.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I had very low expectations for him going into the season, but he's done pretty well here.

abt424

Apr 4, 2012
Austin
I thought he was great the first time they signed him until the injuries started happening ... Hourly.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
I thought he was great the first time they signed him until the injuries started happening ... Hourly.

And people can be satisfied with the minor things he does to help the team win... until he does that blindingly idiot major thing that costs us big.

I don't give a rat's arse how he plays right now. I don't want to see his hideously ugly face on the ice in April when it matters. It only takes one second of stupidity from him.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
And people can be satisfied with the minor things he does to help the team win... until he does that blindingly idiot major thing that costs us big.

I don't give a rat's arse how he plays right now. I don't want to see his hideously ugly face on the ice in April when it matters. It only takes one second of stupidity from him.

There's the overblown overreaction I was talking about in an earlier post. Still happening.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
We'll see if you're still singing that tune in the playoffs, Bobby. Though we probably shouldn't read to much into it, right? You are probably used to eventually being proven wrong every time you argue with me. :D

LandofLincoln*

Carrillo has really evolved from his wild enforcer days to where he is now....He draws penalties, rarely fights and looks better than a fourth liner.

Players know when he is on the ice. There's always going to be haters fans that remember him with Philly. Carrillo has changed and I wouldn't mind seeing him get a few of Bickell's shifts.

Stan has to think about offering him another year.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
Carrillo has really evolved from his wild enforcer days to where he is now....He draws penalties, rarely fights and looks better than a fourth liner.

Players know when he is on the ice. There's always going to be haters fans that remember him with Philly. Carrillo has changed and I wouldn't mind seeing him get a few of Bickell's shifts.

They play on the same line.

LandofLincoln*

They play on the same line.

Bickell Shaw Saad is the 3rd line....but true they've been playing together with Sharp out. Carrillo doesn't really have a line, but I consider him a 4th liner not a 3rd liner like you....but thanks for pointing it out.

Saucey

Jun 25, 2014
I love the spontaneity of his anger, let him strike fear into the eyes of his opponent if he wants to, it can only help. Right?

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
We'll see if you're still singing that tune in the playoffs, Bobby. Though we probably shouldn't read to much into it, right? You are probably used to eventually being proven wrong every time you argue with me. :D

Yes, you are my hero who always wins. Carcillo has done nothing as a Hawk to warrant such a reaction from you.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I was all for the signing the first time. The second time, I was really skeptical and even borderline confused. There were flashes of good the first time around but all in all, it ended up not working out so well for a multitude of reasons. I also just didn't see much in him after he left, though I was aware he was still coming off a bad injury. All that said, I was wrong this second time around and he's been a very nice addition. Hope it keeps up.

DayNah

Ship it donk!
Feb 11, 2010
Bickell Shaw Saad is the 3rd line....but true they've been playing together with Sharp out. Carrillo doesn't really have a line, but I consider him a 4th liner not a 3rd liner like you....but thanks for pointing it out.

I imagine he plays in Nordstrom's place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad