WWE: DANIEL BRYAN RETIRES -- Thank you, Bryan

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
While doing a promotional tour in Singapore, Daniel Bryan was asked about his future...

His WWE status and the injuries that have kept him from getting cleared by a WWE doctor:

"I think it could be the end of my career in WWE, but I don't think it will be the end of my career. I could find another passion, but it would just be sad because this is what I have been most passionate about since I was five."

I was hoping he'd follow it up with "I could go to NJPW" or something like that...

I really hope this is just all a big work now and he's going to make a huge return at the Royal Rumble at whatnot, but if it's best for him to retire, I'm sure he'd have a spot in the company as a trainer at the Performance Center or a road agent if he wanted to stay on the road with Brie.

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
He gets cleared by an Independent 3rd party, but still can't wrestle.

Meanwhile, the WWE trots out Tommy Dreamer, with a known history of Concussions, not a problem in the world.

Something doesn't add up here.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Meanwhile, the WWE trots out Tommy Dreamer, with a known history of Concussions, not a problem in the world.

Ya seems odd to me because how can Dreamer be allowed to work and not DB who was cleared by a reputable doctor?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't think it's a work. WWE is too stupid to be able to pull that off properly. Even the first time he did that, it was somewhat obvious it was a work.

WWE don't want to bring him back because it'll hurt their delusion that what they have now is what the fans want.

If they let him go, that'll be it for me. I can easily follow Bryan in the indies since he'd probably work with a couple names i liked in previous promotions (Jay Lethal, AJ Styles, and who knows who else in NJPW if possible.)

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011

Seems to me like their scared of him (well his fans I should say) hijacking the RTWM for the third year in a row. We all know Vince will stop at nothing to push his golden boy Roman, even if it means keeping the most over guy on the roster off TV.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't think it's a work. WWE is too stupid to be able to pull that off properly. Even the first time he did that, it was somewhat obvious it was a work.

WWE don't want to bring him back because it'll hurt their delusion that what they have now is what the fans want.

If they let him go, that'll be it for me. I can easily follow Bryan in the indies since he'd probably work with a couple names i liked in previous promotions (Jay Lethal, AJ Styles, and who knows who else in NJPW if possible.)

At this point, it's easy for WWE to make it a work because they don't have to do anything. Just remember the last time he returned. They did nothing, DB did the work, and everyone was invested.

If WWE was certain that he's done there or they got confirmation, they would've done something...simply out of respect...to acknowledge and let people move on. It would help them tremendously with their current talent to get that elephant out of the room.

The Shockmaster

SHOCK THE WORLD
Jul 30, 2010
That's fine. I'm sure he's saved up a good amount of money to wrestle wherever he likes without that kind of pressure.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
With the injuries and lack of any stars right now I still can't believe Vince is this stubborn to not clear him yet. Guy would actually save the show right now

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Out of all the things I can hate the WWE for, I just don't think they are keeping DB back without reason. Vince likes the make money and I think he knows DB makes money for the organization. Something must be there that they are playing safe.

I don't think Vince is holding him back for no reason.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Out of all the things I can hate the WWE for, I just don't think they are keeping DB back without reason. Vince likes the make money and I think he knows DB makes money for the organization. Something must be there that they are playing safe.

It's not for no reason. It's just not for anything else but his own skin. Vince can make money with a healthy and active DB, no doubt. But the concussion issue is a hot topic and a costly one that WWE is dealing with and they don't need a high profile worker of theirs being associated with that. They can get away with Dreamer because nobody gives a ****.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

He wants to make money, but he also wants it to be his way. He wants to make money with Roman and Cena.

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
I had a dream that Daniel Bryan come out at the rumble at 29 and CM Punk was number 30. The pop literally broke my tv and than I woke up :cry:

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Really sucks if this is true. :(

He's been my favorite wrestler the past 3 years or so. Picked up his book and I even bought a few ROH DVD's to see all his great matches there.

I watch these videos every so often and I'm reminded how good he really is

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2011
if they wont clear him how can they force him to stay under contract, when DB can argue they are significantly hurting his ability to make money, where on the indy scene he could easily get 10K+travel paid per appearance

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
if they wont clear him how can they force him to stay under contract, when DB can argue they are significantly hurting his ability to make money, where on the indy scene he could easily get 10K+travel paid per appearance

They can't. The only way though for him to do anything about it is to actually push the issue in some manner. Either telling them to release him or breach it and just go and do whatever. He wants to stay obviously and that's probably why he's waiting it out. And his downside probably isn't that bad either.

Oct 18, 2011
i think he's going to force the issue, he may not be money hungry but he's not stupid, his value is sky high and WWE is hurting his bottom line by not letting him wrestle when he has a doctor who will

this will go to the courts if WWE doesn't clear him or release him

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
i think he's going to force the issue, he may not be money hungry but he's not stupid, his value is sky high and WWE is hurting his bottom line by not letting him wrestle when he has a doctor who will

this will go to the courts if WWE doesn't clear him or release him

The Courts are exactly what they don't want to clear him (everyone can put those Roman conspiracy theories to bed now, BLACK HELICOPTERS MAGGLE).

With all the concussion lawsuits they're already dealing with, they don't want to clear a guy that they'd have to slot at the top of the card, only for him to get hurt again in a matter of weeks (of course, nobody can say for certain if that would or wouldn't happen).

But if it did, it would seriously hurt their side in the cases they're already involved in, and the negative media coverage would compound it.

They're pretty much going to have to release him if he decides he doesn't want to sit out his contract.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
I just want him to call it a career. He can still make a living without getting in the ring, especially because he feels obligated to run wild in the ring when he can get away with just doing half of that.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I just want him to call it a career. He can still make a living without getting in the ring, especially because he feels obligated to run wild in the ring when he can get away with just doing half of that.

Everyone calls it a career at some point. I don't care when he decides to do it but if he thinks he can go and a reputable doctor thinks he can go, he should go and WWE needs to stop getting in the way. Also, DB isn't all that wild in the ring.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
If you believe that he's not being cleared by WWE because of the concussion lawsuit then I think you're kind of foolish. If they let a perfectly healthy wrestler work and they happen to suffer a concussion it doesn't make WWE look bad in court. People suffer concussions, it happens. The lawsuits are concerned with wrestlers in the past not being made aware of the dangers of head injuries even as WWE doctors (allegedly) knew of such dangers. They'd look bad if they sent a recently concussed wrestler back early and they got hurt.

And the notion that Vince loves making money so much that he wouldn't pass up an opportunity to milk Bryan's popularity is just proven nonsense and here are the reasons in numbered format.

1. Everybody agrees that Bryan-Lesnar would have been a bigger draw than Reigns-Lesnar. Tell me, which match was it that headlined mania? Just 1 example of Vince sacrificing potential profits just so his guy can prosper.

2. If Vince wanted to make money off of Bryan, he would have found a non-wrestling role for him on tv. He won't do that though because he doesn't want somebody who actually gets pops making his golden boy look bad.

3. Roman Reigns' entire push has been an adventure in wasting money. Gets booed out of the building at RR? Keep pushing him! Horrible RTWM ratings during the build to his title match? Keep pushing him! Other superstars get bigger pops? **** them! Keep pushing Roman! Record low ratings with Roman chasing the title yet again? Keep pushing him!

And do some research on Vince McMahon before you dismiss the possibility that he's keeping Bryan out to protect Roman. This is the same guy who fired Ricky Steamboat because Steamer wanted to spend more time with his wife and new born son.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->