WWE: Daniel Bryan CLEARED TO RETURN

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Didn't even realize it but seeing Corey Graves give Bryan a standing ovation was a bit weird.

At 34 you have to wonder if there's anything he can do to get his own career back.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Bryan was penciled into Wrestlemania from last night at Raw apparently, so it was known he'd be cleared since at least Monday, possibly even over the weekend.

There was A LOT of smoke around the situation over the weekend.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Bryan was penciled into Wrestlemania from last night at Raw apparently, so it was known he'd be cleared since at least Monday, possibly even over the weekend.

I think its been a lot longer than that. He's been off TV since the Rumble and was bumping around like he'd been training for a return.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Lost in the amazingness of this news is the awfulness in which they've revealed this.

should have had it announced tonight when they make the tag match. the pop would have been enormous.

with that said, holy ****.

I ****ing hate how they announce it the way they did though. Like ****, let him swerve it tonight.

The company isn't smart though.

I'm sure there are other posts in this same vein, so this response is to those as well.

But when WWE doesn't announce things like this ahead of time, it ends up getting leaked by other outlets before the show anyway.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Didn't even realize it but seeing Corey Graves give Bryan a standing ovation was a bit weird.

At 34 you have to wonder if there's anything he can do to get his own career back.

Why? It’s pretty clear they see him as the color commentary of the company for about the next 20 years.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
With the angle they ended up shooting I'm more convinced now, they should not have announced that. It wasn't going to leak in 6 hours, and the heat KO and Sami would've got combined with the pop Bryan would've gotten fighting back, plus the buzz. All would've been nuclear.

Reactions: KEEROLE Vatanen

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
With the angle they ended up shooting I'm more convinced now, they should not have announced that. It wasn't going to leak in 6 hours, and the heat KO and Sami would've got combined with the pop Bryan would've gotten fighting back, plus the buzz. All would've been nuclear.

It was already getting out for the past 3 days. They had to announce it so that people would see it.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724

RVD return confirmed.

In all seriousness, thrilled for Bryan. Most of all, I am thrilled that his brain is healthy. The fact that he can get back in the ring is really secondary to that.

Still, this gives me something to actually look forward to for wrestlemania.

Reactions: Max Money

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It wasn't getting out to the masses. The reaction would've been significantly better.
How? Because fans realize that Bryan is cleared so they start cheering WHILE he’s getting beaten down by two dastardly heels? That would have been a terrible look.

They had to do it the way they did. You saw all the buzz it generated online leading to Smackdown after the official WWE twitter account announced it.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I wonder if Miz is kinda bummed that he spent all of that time taking pot shots at Bryan yet he won't get to payoff that feud.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Why? It’s pretty clear they see him as the color commentary of the company for about the next 20 years.

You have to think though that some part of Graves wishes it were him getting his dream back on track, though. It's not like he was a scrub in NXT - he held the tag team championship alongside Neville and on the singles side he was in the title picture a few times and he was a solid heel worker. He's absolutely done an amazing job on commentary and is one of the best things going for WWE right now in that regards, but on some level you have to think that he looks at that ring and wonders what could have been.

Sammy225

Aug 9, 2011
I wonder if Miz is kinda bummed that he spent all of that time taking pot shots at Bryan yet he won't get to payoff that feud.

I would say there is a great possibility of Miz and Bryan on the same show with the shake up happens after Mania and it could possibly be the best feud of the year.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lol we all know Roman is still going to be pushed as the #1 guy. DB isn't replacing him.

Shane is also likely going to tag with Bryan against KO and Sami because Shane naturally needs to spotlight himself at WM in big matches for whatever reason.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You have to think though that some part of Graves wishes it were him getting his dream back on track, though. It's not like he was a scrub in NXT - he held the tag team championship alongside Neville and on the singles side he was in the title picture a few times and he was a solid heel worker. He's absolutely done an amazing job on commentary and is one of the best things going for WWE right now in that regards, but on some level you have to think that he looks at that ring and wonders what could have been.
For one, probably has to have the resources at his disposal. Few people would be able to undertake the exhaustive process that Danielson has.

Also, it might depend on whether or not Graves has made peace with the end of his career, something Danielson never did. Does he think he'll get higher up on the chain as a performer than where he is right now?

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Monday: Matt Hardy DELETES Bray Wyatt and throws him into the Lake of Rejuvenation
Tuesday: Daniel Bryan is medically cleared to wrestle again

Coincidence? I doubt it. Obviously, Bray was a sacrifice to the wrestling gods. Shame we'll never see it again but it'll be worth it IMO.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dave saying on WOL that Danielson was literally cleared yesterday hours before the show, and as a result they have yet to have a plan for him past Wrestlemania.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->