WWE: Daniel Bryan CLEARED TO RETURN

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
More on this:

- Bryan asked Maroon to send him to any concussion experts he (Maroon) wanted to get tested. Bryan was passed by them, and then two more that Maroon suggested.

- Bryan's brain functions are well above normal for someone his age.

- He did more testing than any wrestler or fighter in history and was passed by everyone.

- There's talk of doing a limited schedule at the moment: 60 dates or so to start.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think there was ever a drop dead date on his contract. I think the September 23rd thing came about and was taken to be the date because of the Twitter exchange between he and Cody about the 23rd being the day Cody would tie his title reign length.

It was not supposed to be before that. It was always believed to be sometime in October. It absolutely wasn’t September 1.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I would think and hope he's smart enough to not be doing anymore flying headbutts (Of all the moves that could be banned, how this one wasn't) and top rope dropkicks.

Honestly, I don't think he will.

I'd like to think so.

Health was in part some of the reasons why WWE cut bait on Angle years ago. He didn't exactly go down the road of Dynamite Kid. But he still managed to screw up his neck a few more times before getting clean.

I'm guessing Danielson understands he will be on a short leash. But I still have the feeling he will go frustrated, leave and wrestle elsewhere if he can't do what he feels he can do. Mainly in NJPW or an occasional appearance in ROH.

Which, to me, would be a huge mistake.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Daniel Bryan's career is nuts painting the picture since Wrestlemania 30.

- Wrestlemania 30: closes the show winning the WWE World Title.
- Wrestlemania 31: after injury, returns, opens the show winning the only title he hadn't held up to that point, the IC Title.
- Wrestlemania 34: likely resuming his in-ring career in the same stadium where the biggest moment of his career happened 4 years ago.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'd like to think so.

Health was in part some of the reasons why WWE cut bait on Angle years ago. He didn't exactly go down the road of Dynamite Kid. But he still managed to screw up his neck a few more times before getting clean.

I'm guessing Danielson understands he will be on a short leash. But I still have the feeling he will go frustrated, leave and wrestle elsewhere if he can't do what he feels he can do. Mainly in NJPW or an occasional appearance in ROH.

Which, to me, would be a huge mistake.

Bryan said bluntly he wants to wrestle in the WWE more than anywhere else. Now that he’s allowed too, he likely isn’t leaving

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
No way Bryan leaves now. He got cleared and gets to stay with the biggest company in the world.

He's still a huge star. Whatever new contract he signs will have a big downside guarantee. He'll be eased into the schedule, but still likely to be part-time for the most part, at least for the first year. He'll work a safer style. His wife still works for the company and is also looking at a return.

No way he leaves now.

If the 60 dates part from Meltzer is true, Bryan will still probably end up getting paid more for those 60 dates than he would have working 120 on the indies, and his merchandise will fly like it did in 2013/14.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
If he's smart, he'll have some sort of clause put in a new contract that he can opt out if they shut him down again.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I love DB and am thrilled to see him back...hopefully it lasts a while. He's still got concussion history and a messed up neck. I just hope he can keep himself safe and healthy. One awkward fall could be bad news for him. I don't want to see any suicide dives or diving headbutts.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I still think it's underplayed how much this means for the sports world in general.

Imagine if this kind of therapy was around for Eric Lindros.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I almost wouldn't mind seeing DB vs. Del Rio. They could tell a story based on Del Rio's worked head kicks alone. He was a master at those, if nothing else.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
But even that wasn't a surprise, it was known that Jericho was going to WWE. There are even signs for him in the audience.

The problem with all this is WWE have no way of telling fans to watch tonight without giving them the news upfront. Bryan is back, watch tonight for details is really the best they can do.

If you followed the dirt sheets then yes a lot of people knew. They could have drug it out for at least until the next two weeks but blew their load.

Sorry, announcing on Twitter is just totally lame.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
If the WWE is smart and they want to protect Roman as he will never be the #1face with DB around what they should is have Roman and whomever wins the title for smackdown flip ahows while also moving DB to Raw.

A trade like:
DB and Styles/Nakamura
For
Joe/Roman

Would allow Roman to become the king of the B show while Daniel who is their biggest star by far. ( yes bigger than lesnar/Rousey/Roman/AJ) to lead the flagship show.

Roman will never be the cross over star DB is. DBs chants are all over sports.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
If the WWE is smart and they want to protect Roman as he will never be the #1face with DB around what they should is have Roman and whomever wins the title for smackdown flip ahows while also moving DB to Raw.

A trade like:
DB and Styles/Nakamura
For
Joe/Roman

Would allow Roman to become the king of the B show while Daniel who is their biggest star by far. ( yes bigger than lesnar/Rousey/Roman/AJ) to lead the flagship show.

Roman will never be the cross over star DB is. DBs chants are all over sports.

The thing is, he'll probably have a limited schedule. It'll be difficult to have a part timer be your top face.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Here would be my booking.

Next week Cena somehow blows off a Kane fight for Wrestlemania. No one wants that fight anyways. He still calls out Undertaker but to no avail. Next week after he still calls out Undertaker but nothing.

Wrestlemania happens and Cena goes to the ring. He does the same old lame shoot of calling out Undertaker. This is how it goes;

“Undertaker I am calling you out!! I said that I was willing to come to Wrestlemania as a fan but I really want to fight you. You are too scared to fight me!! Seeing as Undertaker is too scared to fight me this is an open challenge to anyone in the back. Who wants to FIGHT ME???” (lights go off for a prolonged period of time) Daniel Bryan’s music hits. (gigantic pop)

-Bryan beats Cena clean
-Roman beats Lesnar for the belt
-Bryan vs Roman feud starts which will finally turn Roman into a hated heal
-Bryan wins the belt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->