News Article: Daniel Alfredsson " We Hope to get a new Owner "

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Imagine if Amazon bought the arena for a distribution centre? No more next day deliveries for me. When I want shampoo today, I want it today. I dont want to leave the house to go get it.
Heck, you won't even have to leave the shower if you hook yourself up with an amazon key; they'll send their creepy gig economy delivery guy right up there to deliver to you.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Walmart has the old target building in Cornwall as well as another huge distribution node,in Cornwall ...I tell you nobody handles their logistics as tight as them...I have showed up 1/2 hour early and was still told i was late lol

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Walmart has the old target building in Cornwall as well as another huge distribution node,in Cornwall ...I tell you nobody handles their logistics as tight as them...I have showed up 1/2 hour early and was still told i was late lol

Huh.

Maybe I'm misremembering the Walmart thing. I swear SOMEONE wanted it for a distro centre, that part I'm sure of... It was a year ago, I might be wrong on the Walmart part and it was actually someone else.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Turn it into the grandest weed growing op in all the Dominion of Canada. Every strain under god's reign and more being developed in the lab on the bottom floor with a production line on vape accessories. Easy access to the trans Canada highway and use the Carp airport their own private pad to fly it overnight. Bring in Tom Green and the trailer park boys on endorsements. When Trudeau retires, we can have Justin' Tru Dope.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Canadian Tire Distribution Center makes sense. :sarcasm:

R0EoXRV

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
my team is my team.. i started to not hate him.. butfor the reasons i listed it stopped me from LOVING him as fan. its not like i booed him whenever he touched the puck.. i just grew to not be as crazy for him as my fellow Sens fans. i still went to his jersey retirement game.. and i was still very proud of him.

he was never my favourite either. the 2 guys from the regime that lost 4 to the Leafs that I always felt never got it done were him and Hossa

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Turn it into the grandest weed growing op in all the Dominion of Canada. Every strain under god's reign and more being developed in the lab on the bottom floor with a production line on vape accessories. Easy access to the trans Canada highway and use the Carp airport their own private pad to fly it overnight. Bring in Tom Green and the trailer park boys on endorsements. When Trudeau retires, we can have Justin' Tru Dope.

Does Eugene Melnyk selling the CTC come with the condition that he live their as the "CTC Supervisor" with his acting partner Randy Lee?

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
So Melnyk is going to a) find ~200 mil to pay an expansion fee, b) live with not owning or profiting from arena revenues in Quebec all so that he can relocate to a market that doesn't hold any tangible advantages over the one he's already in aside from the fanbase maybe not hating him quite as much right off the bat?

I mean, the league fought to keep other teams where they are, why do you think they'd be so open to moving Ottawa? It's not like they wouldn't have benefited from relocation fees for other franchises. It's bad PR to move a team, particularly when there are investors willing to keep the team local. Moving the team out only to immediately (or shortly there after) sell an expansion franchise in it's place would be a very bad look imo, one that Bettman would surely want to avoid.

The league couldn't get Melnyk out even if they wanted to. Eugene would sell Biovial to keep the Sens in his family.

So I would assume that if the league can't get rid of him, they'd like to take as much of a voice and power away from him as possible. Allowing him to move to QC would do exactly that.

Then new owners from the Lebreton Flats project can formally submit an expansion request for $750 million.

It's a safe bet (pun) that every professional sports franchise just jumped in value by 35% or more because of the new sports gambling rules. So finding financial backing for an expansion team in Ottawa might not be as difficult now.

It would look bad to lose the Sens, but I think it's the only way to get rid of Melnyk, and if the end result five years down the road is the same, well, if I'm an owner I'll take the 9 million from relocation and 25 million from expansion over nothing every time.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
LOL that the "buying up debt" rumour is still getting play around here. C'mon guys, that's fantasy, it's like a rumour made up over beers after playing hockey with the boys. It's so far-fetched it's laughable.

My thinking is that Melnyk will sell but not yet, why would he? Seattle's entry price is rumoured to be $650 million, that boosts every franchise to almost this as the floor. Add onto that a new arena in a new complex downtown and we're talking some serious coin. So in 3 or 4 years Melnyk's team almost doubles in value from what it is now. The other rumoured investors know this too, obviously that's why there's interest. Also, financers know this too, so there won't be a problem getting financing, easy even.

I'm sure that's Melnyk's plan, so unless he is offered far more than the "present" market value he won't sell now. I think this also coincides with the plan to be a contender in 3-5 years, ready to make a statement downtown. But I also think that plan includes keeping Karlsson around to be part of it.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
LOL that the "buying up debt" rumour is still getting play around here. C'mon guys, that's fantasy, it's like a rumour made up over beers after playing hockey with the boys. It's so far-fetched it's laughable.

My thinking is that Melnyk will sell but not yet, why would he? Seattle's entry price is rumoured to be $650 million, that boosts every franchise to almost this as the floor. Add onto that a new arena in a new complex downtown and we're talking some serious coin. So in 3 or 4 years Melnyk's team almost doubles in value from what it is now. The other rumoured investors know this too, obviously that's why there's interest. Also, financers know this too, so there won't be a problem getting financing, easy even.

I'm sure that's Melnyk's plan, so unless he is offered far more than the "present" market value he won't sell now. I think this also coincides with the plan to be a contender in 3-5 years, ready to make a statement downtown. But I also think that plan includes keeping Karlsson around to be part of it.
If he plans to spend within 5M of the cap, he is welcome to stay.

If not, then I suggest we empty the arena so he feels "the pain" he has promised is coming.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands

username checks out.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
he was never my favourite either. the 2 guys from the regime that lost 4 to the Leafs that I always felt never got it done were him and Hossa
I’m sure I was clouded by my bias for hossa but I always thought he was out there dominating lmao. Maybe it wasn’t bias though because I used to throw stuff at the tv if hossa wasn’t playing as well as I thought he should be.

I remember in that last series hossa scored those two iconic goals (in my brain at least) one where he jumped over Balfour and scored and the other when he just stopped on the 2 on 1 at the circle and just sniped it bar down. And then Alfie was just kinda there.

And then the trade happened. And I couldn’t understand why it wasn’t alfredsson that was traded. And I always knew chara would leave if hossa left. I couldn’t understand why we wouldn’t trade Alfie to save hossa AND chara. I was an extremely emotional fan. And then Alfie let piminville literally walk around him in that year’s playoffs and I essentially lost any shred of love I had for him.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I’m sure I was clouded by my bias for hossa but I always thought he was out there dominating lmao. Maybe it wasn’t bias though because I used to throw stuff at the tv if hossa wasn’t playing as well as I thought he should be.

I remember in that last series hossa scored those two iconic goals (in my brain at least) one where he jumped over Balfour and scored and the other when he just stopped on the 2 on 1 at the circle and just sniped it bar down. And then Alfie was just kinda there.

Don’t throw stuff at your tv. Throw it at the wall instead!

Alfie was not good in the final series against the Leafs, just one goal to Hossa’s three. Hossa was our only player to score more than one goal in that series.

Alfie was very good in 2002 against Toronto though.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Huh.

Maybe I'm misremembering the Walmart thing. I swear SOMEONE wanted it for a distro centre, that part I'm sure of... It was a year ago, I might be wrong on the Walmart part and it was actually someone else.
Their org was SCM on Scm way in Cornwall

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

I'll come out and admit I also never loved Alfie the way the rest of the fan base seemed to. It was actually the last couple of years he was with the team, when his leadership values shone through more than when the team was more stacked, that started to bring me around to him. And then suddenly he left. The situation around that has been rehashed a million times here and I'm not looking to get into it, but at the time it was like I was finally opening up my heart to him and he rammed a knife into it :( (how is this the only sad smiley available?). That said, I'd love to have him involved in the team again.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Don’t throw stuff at your tv. Throw it at the wall instead!

Alfie was not good in the final series against the Leafs, just one goal to Hossa’s three. Hossa was our only player to score more than one goal in that series.

Alfie was very good in 2002 against Toronto though.

FYI, if people are bored this summer... 2002 & 2004 full playoff games vs the Leafs were edited to an hour show (Leafs TV) for each game. All 14 games are available on YouTube in that format.

Also, Alfredsson's performance in 2002 should have won that series singlehandedly.
W1 - 1 G, 3 pts
W2 - 1 GWG
W3 - 1 GWG
L3 (G6) - 1 G, 2 pts to go up 2-0 in the game... before Domi dove and everything went to hell.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
It was obvious to anybody watching at the time that Patrick Lalime was the real star on the team. I will never forgive Alfredsson for Lalime being thrown under the bus.

Reactions: Hutz and topshelf15

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad