Confirmed with Link: Danforth extended (2 years, $975k/yr)

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I like him but I fear he hasn't much more to give. still fine 13th.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I like him but I fear he hasn't much more to give. still fine 13th.
Not suggesting Danforth is going to suddenly become a 2nd line forward but for a guy only averaging 11:30 TOI/Game he is on pace for 18 Goals over an 82 game season. His G/60 is right behind Patrik Laine (deceiving stat for guys who don't play a lot of minutes but he also doesn't get any PP time to boost that stat either).

I think he knows his role on the fourth line and is quite effective at it. I think he's actually been one of our more effective forecheckers. For less than $1 Million I like the signing. And yeah...he might have a little more to give.

Reactions: Columbus Jack

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Love it, could make Robinson expendable if someone offers something stupid for him, otherwise a fourth with Robinson-Kurlay-Danforth would forecheck teams into the fetal position.

Good for him. I think he’s earned it. He brings good speed, grit, and heart that I think we need. A fourth line with him, Robinson, and Kuraly would give other teams fits I think.
A good signing. The 3 guys you’ve cited makes for a solid 4th line that can play with limited protection and a very affordable 4th liner. He’s certainly not taking away dollars for signing a top 6 guy while keeping the team from icing unplayable 4th lines while we did in too many games after Robby was hurt and Kuraly played 3rd line.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Good for him. I think he’s earned it. He brings good speed, grit, and heart that I think we need. A fourth line with him, Robinson, and Kuraly would give other teams fits I think.
He can also play Center. I really like this signing. He's the epitome of hard work that pays off. When we talk about building a winning culture, it's players like this that can support that. Not everyone can be a top line forward. You need glue guys like Dorsett and Calvert, for example. These guys knew their role and in some cases outplayed the role into a bigger contract but they were heart and soul players. Danforth seems like that type of player. I'll take any guy that has work ethic like that with some skill that is untapped and while he is 28, he also knows his role, is thankful for the opportunity and understands he can lose his spot at any time so he'll continue to work.

Underrated offensive skill and this can also protect against some of the young guys not being ready. What if we can't get Marchenko over or he struggles to adjust? Maybe Kent Johnson needs more time? He's not going to hold anyone back with this contract and while he's not the talent of those others, he can still support a winner and help this team grow. I questioned the signing last year but he's been a nice surprise.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Very happy with this, I was very vocal on him being a good player for us. He will only continue to grow and be more effective with more confidence. I like his game a lot, especially with how this team wants to play.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I would move Danforth to Voracek and Laine. Jack is a skill, speed player, but soft, not too aggressive. Justin is Energizer. Besides he's speed, quite skill, plays with passion, one isn't afraid to play in the front of the net, around the boards. And has better forchecking than Roslo.

Voracek -- Danforth -- Laine
Nyquist -- Sillinger -- Bjorkstrand
Robinson -- Roslovic -- Bemstrom
Gaunce -- Kuraly -- Chinakhov

I'm afraid it won't be. Even try to do.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
I would move Danforth to Voracek and Laine. Jack is a skill, speed player, but soft, not too aggressive. Justin is Energizer. Besides he's speed, quite skill, plays with passion, one isn't afraid to play in the front of the net, around the boards. And has better forchecking than Roslo.

Something like this would be worth a shot, though I would maybe combine Chinakhov with Roslovic for the offhand chance of getting some offense from them, even if it would make the line bad defensively. But on the other hand, there's nothing on the line but draft position, maybe they want to see Roslo playing over his head just in case he learns something and he could appreciate the chance to play top-6 center.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Niečo také by stálo za pokus, aj keď by som možno skombinoval Chinakhov s Roslovicom, aby sa im náhodou podarilo uraziť, aj keď by to znemožnilo defenzívnu líniu. Ale na druhej strane, na rade nie je nič iné ako pozícia draftu, možno chcú vidieť Rosla hrať nad hlavou pre prípad, že by sa niečo naučil a mohol by oceniť šancu hrať top-6 centra.
Roslo probably can't be TOP 6 center.
What's happen him and Chinakhov, they didn't good chemistry when they played together. But times changes, maybe coaches could connect them with Robinson.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I'm game to try it. Danforth will play a more straight-line game that is easier for Voracek and Laine to read off of.

I like the bottom six too. I might swap Kuraly and Roslovic, I'm not sure. I'd try to keep Robby and Bemmer together though, they've connected a few times recently.

Reactions: VT

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I'm game to try it. Danforth will play a more straight-line game that is easier for Voracek and Laine to read off of.

I like the bottom six too. I might swap Kuraly and Roslovic, I'm not sure. I'd try to keep Robby and Bemmer together though, they've connected a few times recently.
Honestly, I not only thought about swap Kuraly and Roslovic but moving Jack to wing. But be realists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad