Danes in NHL 2017/2018

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Lets make another thread, just to keep it a bit organized. Season opener is merely a month away, so what do people think of the Danish players and what kind of season will they have?

I hope to see Bødker have one hell of a rebound season, although I am not sure how much chance there is of that.

Bjorkstrand should be in the line up from start now. Hope he is doing better than at season start last year.

Andersen should take another step of defining him as a solid above average goalie. Lets hope he starts off without any injuries this season. If he could bring the kind of play he did in the last season in Anaheim, the Leafs will quickly be a topcontender for their division.

I hope Nielsen establishes himself as a rolemodel for a young Red Wings team. He did it in Islanders and I cant see why it should not be the same way in Detroit.

Hansen in Sharks....Im not thrilled to be honest. He could play on both 1st and 3rd line, but I am having a hard time watching him in another jersey than the blue Canucks.

Will Ehlers hit 70 points this year? I fear that we will miss him at the WC in may if Jets continue to develop their young core.

Eller....meh....all that talent, so little to show for it. I guess 3rd line duties fits him more. His dad should not have influenced him that much ;)

No rookies this year, or in the near future.

Lets just hope for a solid season overall, the obvious gem being Ehlers.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Lets make another thread, just to keep it a bit organized. Season opener is merely a month away, so what do people think of the Danish players and what kind of season will they have?

I hope to see Bødker have one hell of a rebound season, although I am not sure how much chance there is of that.

Bjorkstrand should be in the line up from start now. Hope he is doing better than at season start last year.

Andersen should take another step of defining him as a solid above average goalie. Lets hope he starts off without any injuries this season. If he could bring the kind of play he did in the last season in Anaheim, the Leafs will quickly be a topcontender for their division.

I hope Nielsen establishes himself as a rolemodel for a young Red Wings team. He did it in Islanders and I cant see why it should not be the same way in Detroit.

Hansen in Sharks....Im not thrilled to be honest. He could play on both 1st and 3rd line, but I am having a hard time watching him in another jersey than the blue Canucks.

Will Ehlers hit 70 points this year? I fear that we will miss him at the WC in may if Jets continue to develop their young core.

Eller....meh....all that talent, so little to show for it. I guess 3rd line duties fits him more. His dad should not have influenced him that much ;)

No rookies this year, or in the near future.

Lets just hope for a solid season overall, the obvious gem being Ehlers.

Pretty much in agreement of what you said.
I for one just hope Hansen gets an injure free season. Care less for where he plays.
For Eller it does seem that 3rd line duties are what suits him far best despite all the talent.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
You think Jets will be that bad this season also?

There is little but words showing they will be better. This group of personnel (from players to coaches to GM) failed so many times and were constantly bad at the same things (defensive structure and special teams) that it gives little to optimistic about. Central is still very strong and even if they get into the playoffs by luck (they have talent for sure so combined with decent PDO they can get in) but surely they aren't playing in May.

Remi

Mar 2, 2012
Denmark
Bjorkstrand and Andersen will be the most interesting to follow in my opinion. If Andersen can get over the usual bumpy starts in the beginning of the season, he should fine. Bjorkstrand seems to have everything set for a great season, should be having top line minutes and loads of PP time.

I have faith in Ehlers keeping it up.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Bjorkstrand and Andersen will be the most interesting to follow in my opinion. If Andersen can get over the usual bumpy starts in the beginning of the season, he should fine. Bjorkstrand seems to have everything set for a great season, should be having top line minutes and loads of PP time.

I have faith in Ehlers keeping it up.

That is pretty much in line with what im watching...
Andersen needs to take another step up, cant wait to see if he can.
Oliver Bjorkstrand is just so damned likeable..i just really really really want this kid to have a great season..he has this lovely balance between having his feet on the ground and still having a toned down confidence in his play.

i have confidence that Ehlers will be fine..he needs the right line to really succeed but he is just too good to have bad spells that last a very long time.

Boedker makes me mad...end of sentence.

Hope the honeybadger can keep healthy...he is an asset to any team he is on.

In general i hope everybody have the best season of their lives with convenient placed injured/or **** teams for them not to make the playoff and be ready for wc in denmark...:yo::laugh:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I dare write my opinion Bagge, you have roasted me on more than one occassion for doing just that my friend.

So lets just say im not sure what to think :)

I cant wait till Denmark have more youngsters to follow pre draft - I miss that :)

Last edited:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
I dare write my opinion Bagge, you have roasted me on more than one occassion for doing just that my friend.

So lets just say im not sure what to think :)

I cant wait till Denmark have more youngsters to follow pre draft - I miss that :)

My appologies if I have stepped on your toes in the past. There are no personal issues from my side and shouldnt stop you from writing what you want. I might not agree with you, but it is a discussion forum. You give and you take.

Patrick Russell probably dont qualify as a young guy, but seems like he is impressing some ppl in Edmonot at the moment. He'll not going to make it to NHL now, but might get a call up during the coming season. Looks like a good fit for a 4th line center position.

Last night was good for the Danish players. Bødker and Nielsen both with two goals. I really hope Bødker can turn it around this season. So far he has shown a much better form.

Reactions: ImGoingNucks

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Anyone watching the Leafs?

Whats up with Andy? A few very bad games statwise

Also playwise. He looks slow and out of place. His rebound control isnt that good either. I dont know why. Maybe he is just a slow starter. Although the goals can not be pointed at him in any way, an Andersen in good form would have taken at least a couple of them. The defense have been really bad though. Have seen all the games so far and the blueliners leaves much to be desired. That said, he could also have done more. Lets wait another ten games and see what it looks like.

Reactions: ImGoingNucks

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
It seems most of the Danish players have a bit of a slow start.
So it finally loosened up for Nikolaj Ehlers in his third game and now Frans Nielsen also have had 2 goals in the two last games.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Very slow start for the Danes bar Ehlers.

Andy keeps on with the sub par performances, right now he doesnt even look like an NHL goalie :(

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Very slow start for the Danes bar Ehlers.

Andy keeps on with the sub par performances, right now he doesnt even look like an NHL goalie :(

Not sure what you are talking about. Freddy looks fine, the defense doesnt. He is making tons of good saves. The only couple of games where Freddy has looked bad with bad rebound control and positioning in the first and third game and second half against Ottawa. Other than that it has been defensive meltdowns. Hopefully it gets better now they signed Polak. Clearing the area in front of Freddy has been a huge problem. Non of the youngsters have excelled in this.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Not sure what you are talking about. Freddy looks fine, the defense doesnt. He is making tons of good saves. The only couple of games where Freddy has looked bad with bad rebound control and positioning in the first and third game and second half against Ottawa. Other than that it has been defensive meltdowns. Hopefully it gets better now they signed Polak. Clearing the area in front of Freddy has been a huge problem. Non of the youngsters have excelled in this.

The one game I watched he looked like a jr goalie tbh.
You even said yourself he looked bad playwise?

But he did redeem himself last night against LA, lets hope he gets some consistency into his game.

I guess we just dont have the same definition of what a good goalie is. In the recaps I have watched, he has looked subpar, yes bad defence, but some horrible rebounds and a few easy goals imo.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Rumours has it that both Bødker and Hansen is on the trading block. Lets cross fingers and hope they can get away from Sharks asap. Hansen is currently in the pressbox and let me not even get started on Bødker. Talking about misfit.... :laugh:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Rumours has it that both Bødker and Hansen is on the trading block. Lets cross fingers and hope they can get away from Sharks asap. Hansen is currently in the pressbox and let me not even get started on Bødker. Talking about misfit.... :laugh:

They certainly haven't clicked for San Jose. Very surprised that Jannik Hansen even have been benched.

Otherwise a great night for both Lars Eller and Oliver Bjørkstrand with 2 goal each.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Otherwise a great night for both Lars Eller and Oliver Bjørkstrand with 2 goal each.

Yes, I chose to stay up late for that Caps game after HF boards had said that Eller had begun to play well. He was a treat to watch last night and by a fair margin the best on the ice for Caps.

Lets hope Bjork continues the form he has shown the last few games. He can be a dangerous guy if he gets the confidence he is showing right now on a longer term.

After a rather slow start the Danes have begun to pick it up. Let it continue please.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Yes, I chose to stay up late for that Caps game after HF boards had said that Eller had begun to play well. He was a treat to watch last night and by a fair margin the best on the ice for Caps.

Lets hope Bjork continues the form he has shown the last few games. He can be a dangerous guy if he gets the confidence he is showing right now on a longer term.

After a rather slow start the Danes have begun to pick it up. Let it continue please.
Lars Eller has shown himself to be a quite streaky player pointwise (defensively he has grown into a very solid player).
So when suddenly gets confidence offensively he can score a beauty like that second goal!

Oliver Bjørkstrand has an amazing wrist shot. So he just needs to be in position to get more shooting chances with it.

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
Hurts to see Ehlers on that line with Little and Laine game in game out. On top of that only on the 2nd pp unit. Had high hopes for him this year pointwise, but right now I dont think he will make last years total.
Reason is that I think that best place for Kyle Connor to play is on that first line and should keep doing that. Little and Ehlers dont fit. I think that when Perrault is back he should take Ehlers spot on the second line and push Ehlers down with Lowry, hoping to get three scoring lines

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Can anyone tell me whats up with Ehlers at the moment? I havent watched any Jets hockey in a while, so no clue on what is going on.

Andersern is back in his old form. Two shutouts in a row leaves very little to be desired.

Bjork is slowly getting started, Nielsen ditto.

DashingDane

Paul Maurice <3
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Can anyone tell me whats up with Ehlers at the moment? I havent watched any Jets hockey in a while, so no clue on what is going on.

Andersern is back in his old form. Two shutouts in a row leaves very little to be desired.

Bjork is slowly getting started, Nielsen ditto.

He is playing with Laine and Little on the 2nd line at the moment. They haven't been able to find chemistry and only have 1 5v5 goal thus far. Not very encouraging though I think they looked a bit better last game. Ehls hasn't looked great for the last 3-5 games. Before that little looked bad and before that it was Laine imo. One player being off seems to have effected the whole line. I'm hopeful it will change but with the rest of the Jets lines being on fire I don't see them being changes up before they start loosing.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
He is playing with Laine and Little on the 2nd line at the moment. They haven't been able to find chemistry and only have 1 5v5 goal thus far. Not very encouraging though I think they looked a bit better last game. Ehls hasn't looked great for the last 3-5 games. Before that little looked bad and before that it was Laine imo. One player being off seems to have effected the whole line. I'm hopeful it will change but with the rest of the Jets lines being on fire I don't see them being changes up before they start loosing.

A Finnish newspaper has nominated Little for the Selke Trophy for effectively shutting down Ehlers and Laine :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->