Movies: Dance Scenes In Movies That Took Your Breath Away...

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
While watching Mektoub, My Love, my breath was taken away watching Lou Luttiau dance. It made me think of other movies where someone's dancing made me gasp for air...

My Top 3 :

1) Michelle Pfeiffer on top of the piano singing Making Whoopie during the Fabulous Baker Boys.

2) Lou Luttiau in Mektoub, My Love.

3) Amy Adams in American Hustle.

Honourable Mention :

Anna Paquin in 25th Hour.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
There are actually quite a few, but more in older movies. Astaire and Rogers tapdancing is incredible. Gene Kelly, the chimneysweeps in Mary Poppins, White Nights, One from A Chorus Line to name a few. Marika Rökk had a couple of great dance scenes as well.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
-The end of the Jackass movie (three I think) when they all had the top hat and canes. It was an idea I had with my friends for years if we ever got to make a movie and they pretty much did it.

-I love the satire dance they did in Blazing Saddles for the Deluise production. I know it was brief but it was effective.

-And while it's not a movie but TV, anytime they used dance on Legion whether the Bollywood scene in season one or the club battle at the begging of season two. WTF?!

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

First one that comes to mind featuring the Nicholas Brothers

As adult I appreciate this scene and the era of musical films from then (Didn't care for them as kid or teen)

As a kid of course I loved this and wanted to do it like I imagine everyone who saw movie wanted to do as well

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Astaire and Kelly and turn out the lights.

Elvis has a great dance scene in Jailhouse Rock. Talk about charisma--he is on a stage with over a dozen professional dancers but all eyes stay on him.

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Even as a straight guy, Channing Tatum was amazing in Magic Mike - it was hard not to watch and think, "Wow! I wish I was him".

He was also terrific in Step Up and, briefly, in Step Up 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad