Dan Stewart's Mock Draft

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Love mock season.

Second time in the last week I've seen a mock draft having Ottawa taking another Dman with their second 1st in which Nick Jensen gets taken with the next pick. We've heard enough that Jensen might be a Sens target.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
You have Boston picking in the first round twice.

Toronto owns their pick.

Edit: Oops, i just realized this article was written before Kaberle was traded, my bad! I would love for the Leafs to take Jurco with one of their first rounders.

TheKingSlayer

He was in the way!
Mar 12, 2008
Ottawa
I really don't like how you guys word a lot of things. You often make it sounds like you have talked with every team with regards to their picks in this draft.. like when you say Team A's brass really likes the hockey sense in this player, or Team B likes attribute X from so and so player.

You really make it sound like you've garnered their opinions whereas we all know that you have not.

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
Might want to wait After the trade deadline before posting this article. A lot of draft picks gets exchanged and teams needs change. Makes sense no?

R S

Sep 18, 2006
And people were pissed at me having Beaulieu going at 22. You have him at 13th!

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
I really don't like how you guys word a lot of things. You often make it sounds like you have talked with every team with regards to their picks in this draft.. like when you say Team A's brass really likes the hockey sense in this player, or Team B likes attribute X from so and so player.

Listen, you need to understand that scouts like to talk, especially when it is in regards to other teams and what they have heard. Anytime an opinion is shared you can bet it is based on something heard or said directly to one of our guys in the rink.

I find it somewhat humorus though that you bring up something as though you know it to be fact

Sundin is my hero said:
You really make it sound like you've garnered their opinions whereas we all know that you have not.

when that is the exact thing you were accusing FC as doing.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
And people were pissed at me having Beaulieu going at 22. You have him at 13th!

Beaulieu is very underrated. He gets overshadowed by the absolute power house goal scoring abilities of the sea dogs...plus he plays in the Q which automatically makes a dman suck :sarcasm:

TheKingSlayer

He was in the way!
Mar 12, 2008
Ottawa
Listen, you need to understand that scouts like to talk, especially when it is in regards to other teams and what they have heard. Anytime an opinion is shared you can bet it is based on something heard or said directly to one of our guys in the rink.

I find it somewhat humorus though that you bring up something as though you know it to be fact

when that is the exact thing you were accusing FC as doing.

It's like I said, it is the way you worded everything (your not even the OP, so I guess you work with him?). When you said that Team A would love to draft him based on this and that, it sounds like you are saying that either you talked to those specific scouts or are making it up to make yourself sound legit. If you actually asked scouts about certain players, mention it in your introduction so that people will believe you when you say stuff like that, and not question it like I have.

brevard*

It's like I said, it is the way you worded everything (your not even the OP, so I guess you work with him?). When you said that Team A would love to draft him based on this and that, it sounds like you are saying that either you talked to those specific scouts or are making it up to make yourself sound legit. If you actually asked scouts about certain players, mention it in your introduction so that people will believe you when you say stuff like that, and not question it like I have.

Let it go. I am guessing this is 3, 7th graders and one of them has a dad who subscribes to a scouting report.
I mean c'mon "our scouting director"? get real. If the eastern block scout really likes a kid I wonder if this scouting director flies over in to take a second look? Maybe you just send their guy from Finland first?

LOL
I've said it 100 times, I come here for the entertainment value. Where else can you find more unimportant people who are so pathetically full of themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

arsmaster*

Deathly scared of Jurco @ 30th...I guess if we win the Cup, we can take a risk....for as many Havlat's you get Schrempf's, and I dont see the character and intelligence the Canucks brass, so greatly covets.

As fans, Im sure most of us want burly, skilled, skating North American wingers...I want Jaskin, though.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Let it go. I am guessing this is 3, 7th graders and one of them has a dad who subscribes to a scouting report.
I mean c'mon "our scouting director"? get real. If the eastern block scout really likes a kid I wonder if this scouting director flies over in to take a second look? Maybe you just send their guy from Finland first?

LOL
I've said it 100 times, I come here for the entertainment value. Where else can you find more unimportant people who are so pathetically full of themselves.

It seems every year we go though this and that is fine. Doubt if you want the legitimacy of what FC does, that is your right. For those who enjoy reading about draft prospects we will continue to produce content based on live views and reports from actual scouts who watch these prospects and have real connections in the scouting community. While our reach may not be as far and wide as those “3 seventh graders with a father’s scouting report†would be, we do see these guys we talk about and enjoy bringing information to those whose "entertainment value" is found in talking about future NHL'ers and want to read about them.

Instead of posts like this lets instead discuss the mock and who you would say fits were on which teams.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
I'd be shocked if the Pens take Jaskin. Under Shero, the Pens are only taking US/Canada players in the top rounds. The Pens are also very fond of players from the Q. I wouldn't be surprised to see them take Jurco. If they are close enough, Armia would be a European they would go for.

Last year, Shero reportedly wanted Tarasenko before STL moved up to get him.

MikeC

Feb 28, 2002
L'Assomption
Avs select at 17th

Lol!!!

The last time they were 14th in the league was at least 6 weeks ago.

your chief scout is loosing points here

R S

Sep 18, 2006
When was this thing made?

Why are the Avs picking at 17, when in all reality, they haven't been that high since mid-January....

Pretty hard to put any stock into it when the pick positions are SO FAR off.

8BostonRocker24

Feb 8, 2006
Silicon Valley
Is Gabriel Landeskog becoming Phil Kessel? In 2006 Kessel fell to Boston at 5 and in this one you have Ottawa taking Dougie Hamilton over Landeskog. I just can't see that happening with Ottawa's depth of young, quality defensemen. IMO there is zero chance he gets past 4. IMO the top 4 is pretty clear cut.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Would love to see Tyler Biggs in a Habs jersey. Perfect fit. I hope this year, MTL picks no one under 6 foot 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->