Dan Sexton (or any other diamonds in the rough at the IIHF Worlds)

PitPenguin

Mar 7, 2013
Pittsburgh
Is Dan Sexton still under contract by the Ducks if he returns to the NHL or did that contract already get played out?
I get he is probably not an NHL caliber player. But the Pens have such little depth already & if Kasperi Kapanen needs another year, might be a good one year fit & could make him more suitable for other teams.
We already lost Steve Moses to the predators and 57pts in 59 games in the KHL definitely isn't bad by any standards.
Could be a win-win (Jump start a late run at a career for Sexton & the pens get a quick one year tryout player to see if it works out.)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Well, Panarin's killing it. :laugh: Maybe we can try to steal him from Chicago before he signs on the dotted line. /wishful thinking

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The problem with these older guys is that if you sign them for a year they're a UFA immediately after... so if they play well for you they might just end up leaving for more money & greener pastures in a year anyway. Like Damien Brunner. I'm for leaving no stone unturned but if they're older than 23 or 24 I'm not interested. There are players better than Sexton in the AHL right now anyway. Hell Drazenovic & Ebbett are probably better.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I would be OK with Sergei Plotnikov (Russian winger, 24 years old). Not a worldbeater, but decent size & skill, pretty responsible too. His play actually should transform to the NHL. Can play with stars, he was killing it with Ovie at last Worlds.

He´s reportedly coming to the NHL..

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
If he was the player the Russian used as the front net presence in the Olympics he was pretty solid.

Farnham4top6

Despres #1D
Mar 6, 2011
north of you
Not exactly wc but Noah Welch could probably be a good partner for Letang, with all the obstruction in the league he can make it with his skating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad