Dan Sallows Mock Draft

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
He's got some solid reasoning behind his picks, although some names seem either very high or out of left field. The draft can work that way though.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
No way Strome goes that low. Especially after some of the other guys who all have major risk factors.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I don't love the fact that he does the draft based on need, it'd be nice to see a legit scout do a draft purely based off of his scouting list. That being said, some teams will factor need into their picks so its interesting to see who he thinks will be targeted. Also I loved the info he provided. Overall a really good read, even if its not the most accurate representation of how the draft will go. Its so long from now, I'm much more concerned with how the players play and stuff than where they are ranked anyways.

arsmaster*

This is the first time I have seen Jonathan Miller enter the 1st round conversation....can anyone who watches the USNDP regularly provide some insight on this player.

I have nothing on the kid, Kesler-like sounds good, but so does the skill level of other available guys like Jurco.

GDU

Dec 19, 2008
the oilers are not taking murphy at 3 if landeskog and RNH are still there, sorry, epic fail...

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
This is an interesteing Freudian slip on Dan's part...

With so much parody in the league, it’s anyones guess on who finishes among the bottom.

I think he meant "parity," but the other word works well in the Gary Bettman NHL, too...

:laugh:

If Saad, Baertschi and Armia are all gone before the Blues pick, I could certainly see them going after Namestnikov...

OilerOlli*

Haha We don't take Murphy at 3. Perhaps we would at 8 or 9.
Imagine Landeskog and RNH are available and we take Murphy. What a horror scenario.
Nothing against the kid, but if we draft in the Top 4 I am sure we take one of Larsson, Landeskog, Couturier or RNH.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
IMO

No way RNH falls out of the top 5.
Lol at Biggs going in the top 10.
Intersting seeing Bartschi in top 10.
Zibanejad certainly came out of nowhere.
Yeah, I also don't see Strome, Puempel falling that low.

For the Avs I would love Duncan Siemens or Nathan Beaulieu, but I don't see Siemens falling out of the top 15 and I would much rather take a forward this draft than a defenseman in Beaulieu.

All in all even though this list is kind of crazy, I still think it's very well thought out.

BOUNCE

Jul 22, 2007
Edmonton
Haha We don't take Murphy at 3. Perhaps we would at 8 or 9.
Imagine Landeskog and RNH are available and we take Murphy. What a horror scenario.
Nothing against the kid, but if we draft in the Top 4 I am sure we take one of Larsson, Landeskog, Couturier or RNH.

I agree. Plus I would be sorely dissapointed if the oilers took Murphy. It could turn into being a scenario thats exactly the same that the Kings have with hickey. I hope we can get Landeskog. It's what the oilers need.

AvalancheRy

Feb 13, 2009
IMO

For the Avs I would love Duncan Siemens or Nathan Beaulieu, but I don't see Siemens falling out of the top 15 and I would much rather take a forward this draft than a defenseman in Beaulieu.

All in all even though this list is kind of crazy, I still think it's very well thought out.

I see the Avs' priorities as this. Forwards/Defensive defenders followed by goalies followed by offensive dmen.

If Strome were available when the Avs pick I would hope that Sherman would run to the stage to pick him. Siemens or Musil would be ideal too. The Avs have to get bigger and more physical along the blueline. Too many times teams just push our guys around.

ed bruin

Feb 14, 2010
Newton
ya but i would rather see them go RNH at the pick if he is available

agree RNH has so much talent you dont pass on that because of the position he plays. I know the Bruins have depth at the Center spot but to me RNH needs another year of juniors to develop so by then a center on the Bruins may be gone.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
IMO

I wouldn't laugh at the Biggs pick. He might not be a big name amongst a lot of the posters here, but he's got a pro-style game (along with the requisite "intangibles") that scouts drool over. He could very well go in the top ten.

Analyzer*

If Strome fell and was on the board why would Montréal pass on him ?

Why would Colorado take another D ?

I mean a list of centres that include Leblanc, Eller and Strome with Plekanec, and Gomez still around looks good, no ?

If need be, Leblanc can play wing and it would leave Kristo, Avitsin, Bournival, Gallagher and maybe even Pacioretty open to be traded if the habs feel they need to add another solid defensive prospect.

If by some stroke of luck Strome falls to the habs, it would be stupid of them to pass up on him, especially for a guy who put up as many points as Strome, in 1 more game, but in the Q. Unless Strome is fairly soft and Philips likes to hit and has some good hands at fighting, then maybe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad