Dan Muse Out

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I hope we're gonna replace Muse with an experienced assistant coach with perhaps a bit of head coaching experience as well. With Lavy, we didn't have an interim option in case he was let go and we don't have right now. I want an experienced coach back there with Hynes and I believe they could make it work, this team needs an ass-kicker behind the bench even if just an assistant.

Enough with Muses and the Lamberts. This team needs a wake-up call in the coaching staff as well.
Does a good cop/bad cop dynamic work at all when the head coach is the good cop? It feels to me like the other way around might sometimes work, where the HC kicks the asses, but the assistant can be a bit of a shoulder to cry on for the players and take some of the edge off. But if the players don't like the assistant... well, it's a lot easier to just shut that guy out. :dunno:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Does a good cop/bad cop dynamic work at all when the head coach is the good cop? It feels to me like the other way around might sometimes work, where the HC kicks the asses, but the assistant can be a bit of a shoulder to cry on for the players and take some of the edge off. But if the players don't like the assistant... well, it's a lot easier to just shut that guy out. :dunno:
I want them to go bad cop, bad cop on this team

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I agree on the experienced assistant idea. Anyone know what good candidates that are available and would fit this role? If Tocchett gets fired in Arizona would love to have Housley back although I don't know how likely that would be. Vingan brought up Jim Montgomery as an option to which I like the idea of. With our organizations history of helping people overcome substance abuse issues it could be a good spot for him as well.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I agree on the experienced assistant idea. Anyone know what good candidates that are available and would fit this role? If Tocchett gets fired in Arizona would love to have Housley back although I don't know how likely that would be. Vingan brought up Jim Montgomery as an option to which I like the idea of. With our organizations history of helping people overcome substance abuse issues it could be a good spot for him as well.
im all for Montgomery as a head coach. An assistant would be great too.

Reactions: predhead1

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
Rierden is a defensive minded coach PK. I think the assistant coaches are where the room got lost. McCarthy and Muse. If we quit running the offense through the D Lambert might be ok

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I am interested in where he lands. It will tell us how far in over his head he was or wasn't here (to an extent).

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I am interested in where he lands. It will tell us how far in over his head he was or wasn't here (to an extent).
Well that answer was a little unexpected. But also a little nepotistic-seeming the way our coaching carousel is working these days. Interesting. Ultimately we could do worse than have a pipeline tie to the perceived top national team coaches, I guess.

Reactions: bdub24

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
@bdub24
He's been named a head coach at the NTDP.

Not only that, but our new assistant Dan Hinote was slated to be Muse's assistant with the U18 team before the Preds hired him. I don't know if it's a case of two organizations projecting these guys differently, or just that Muse has HC experience at that level and Hinote is more suited for an assistant role.

Reactions: bdub24

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I hope he does well for developing the up and comers. Hopefully his stint with us helped. Makes sense he is not in the pros

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad