Confirmed with Link: Dan Hinote the new assistant coach

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Me neither but PUNS!

So if Hynes and Hinote get into a fight the headline will be 'Hynes hits a Hinote!'

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Was looking up some of his highlights and they are all fights except for his insurance goal in Game 3 of the 2001 SCF.

He also got wrecked in a fight by Chara when playing in Sweden during the lockout season.

Hopefully we can bring Trenin back to give him some tips.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I remember liking him as a player. Very hard worker, penalty killer, one of those underrated glue guys in the bottom-6 for some of those teams that had a lot of star power. He can bring a Stanley Cup ring in the room. Maybe it's hard to translate hustle, but I'm sure our forwards could learn something about staying aggressive on the forecheck from him. He was an up-tempo player who kept his motor going.

Reactions: predhead1

Kebs

Def not just a zombie tiger typing
Aug 21, 2009
Nashville, TN
He was on 102.5 the game this afternoon. Was very impressed with him off the bat. He every excited to be here (as would any new hire), and seemed like a very energized and charismatic type of guy. Said he loved the message of "Embrace the grind" around the arena and said that is what it takes to win in this league. Spoke a lot to not accepting the that's just the way we are attitude and that even in Colorado when they were up 3-1, it wasn't good enough and they needed to play harder. Said guys have to hold themselves accountable for their play. Spoke of experience with Johanson and there is no reason why he shouldn't be dominating the league, that he has the skill and size. That guys like Forsberg have the skills and need to use them. Said he could echo to the team of how guys like Blake, Bourque, Sakic, Foppa approach the game to the team.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
He was on 102.5 the game this afternoon. Was very impressed with him off the bat. He every excited to be here (as would any new hire), and seemed like a very energized and charismatic type of guy. Said he loved the message of "Embrace the grind" around the arena and said that is what it takes to win in this league. Spoke a lot to not accepting the that's just the way we are attitude and that even in Colorado when they were up 3-1, it wasn't good enough and they needed to play harder. Said guys have to hold themselves accountable for their play. Spoke of experience with Johanson and there is no reason why he shouldn't be dominating the league, that he has the skill and size. That guys like Forsberg have the skills and need to use them. Said he could echo to the team of how guys like Blake, Bourque, Sakic, Foppa approach the game to the team.
Let's just hope they listen, I have my doubts ( and I'm not putting the fault on him for that).

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
From what I've gathered I like this hire. He seems like he has the right attitude towards the job and I'm excited to see if he can re-ignite Joey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad