Confirmed with Link: Dan Hamhuis comes back to smashville for 2 years

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
hamhuis wasn't far from wrong in that quote... I was at several games during that year where there couldn.t have been 8000 in the building

Yep. While not a sustainable business model, I do miss the days of buying upper deck seats and having 3 rows to spread out in.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
200w.gif

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Hamhuis' (admittedly lame) explanation given at the time was he meant it more as a compliment to Vancouver than a slam on Nashville. I'm guessing the enthusiasm in the two cities is pretty much polar opposite now
Being 100ish miles away from Vancouver I've met a few Canucks fans in my time in Seattle and it's not that they don't care. It's that they think there's no light at the end of the tunnel and they hate it. They're also jealous of us.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Anyone ever wonder what would've happened if we had re-signed Hamhuis? Two years later Suter walks. Think if we had kept Hammer, Poile may have pulled the trigger on moving Suter if he felt any resistance of him not signing knowing he had a good backup plan in Hamhuis. Where would be as a team? Interesting to think about but the way this has turned out, losing Hamhuis and Suter turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Yep. While not a sustainable business model, I do miss the days of buying upper deck seats and having 3 rows to spread out in.
I remember there was a game against Ottawa in late December, want to say it was 2002. The one where Bill Houlder scored on a...um breakaway? yeah, that's pushing it...lumbering session out of the penalty box. I'll bet there weren't 7500 in the building, but did we have fun or WHAT?

Still, by 2010 attendance had turned the corner. Hamhuis threw Nashville under a bus a little with that joke. I didn't appreciate it, but you know, he scored on his own team a few times to give us points over the years, some at critical times, so I'll forgive him.

I don't think there was the slightest chance in 2010 that Hamhuis would have re-signed. He wanted to go home and it worked out for him.

Reactions: SouthNash

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I'll add that it's going to take a bit of getting used to before seeing a 35 year old Hamhuis in gold will look right.

How many of us remember meeting some of these kids for the first time at "meet the team", practices and other team functions? Remember that pimply faced little kid? Now he's coming back as the "old guy" lol

There are some good memories of those encounters. Legwand basically being embarrassed that anyone was welcoming him to the team, seeking an autograph, generally being a fan of his. Upshall trying to play it like a cool pro but obviously excited to be living the life and getting some recognition from fans. Hartnell was actually always pretty good and comfortable with those things. Vokoun was a few years older than those young draft picks but he was always so stiff, very eastern European like. Adam Hall enjoyed those fan days and was maybe the nicest of the bunch that I can recall.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
when he was a rookie I met him and his wife. nice people. they gave me some book about his hometown, Smithers, I 'll have to search for it again lol

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Bitetto to Milwaukee I bet, and the Ads will not cry about it.

I would take Bitetto back in Milwaukee. We have been short on quality Dmen for 2 seasons. How long have the Preds kept 8 Dmen?

I see the Ads play maybe 36 times a season, so I can see the problems, and this was a major one last year. The lack of experienced Dmen cost the Admirals a playoff spot last season.

I am glad to see Dan Hamhuis back in Nashville! The last 2 playoffs showed the need for him.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Being 100ish miles away from Vancouver I've met a few Canucks fans in my time in Seattle and it's not that they don't care. It's that they think there's no light at the end of the tunnel and they hate it. They're also jealous of us.

Seattle should be jealous of Nashville and their fans!

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I would take Bitetto back in Milwaukee. We have been short on quality Dmen for 2 seasons. How long have the Preds kept 8 Dmen?

I see the Ads play maybe 36 times a season, so I can see the problems, and this was a major one last year. The lack of experienced Dmen cost the Admirals a playoff spot last season.

I am glad to see Dan Hamhuis back in Nashville! The last 2 playoffs showed the need for him.

On my depth chart I have Bitetto sneaking through waivers to Milwaukee.

Bitetto-Carrier
Tinordi-Allard
Lyytinen-Dougherty

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
On my depth chart I have Bitetto sneaking through waivers to Milwaukee.

Bitetto-Carrier
Tinordi-Allard
Lyytinen-Dougherty
And Pyrochta and Donovan should be there too... I would expect Donovan should at least be a top-4 guy in the AHL, possibly #2D overall behind Bitetto. No idea what we have in Pyrochta. So it looks like depth is covered off pretty well at both levels anyway.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
And Pyrochta and Donovan should be there too... I would expect Donovan should at least be a top-4 guy in the AHL, possibly #2D overall behind Bitetto. No idea what we have in Pyrochta. So it looks like depth is covered off pretty well at both levels anyway.

I only covered guys on Preds contracts. I have no clue about those guys either.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I only covered guys on Preds contracts. I have no clue about those guys either.
Pyrochta is on a Preds contract, but total mystery guy to me. Donovan I've watched a bit over the years and I think his track record in the AHL and Sweden says he could still be quite a "force" as an AHL player. He's a bit chippy, and has the big shot from the point. Never quite had the presence of mind in his own zone or maybe skating to make it in the NHL. But I would hope he's still at a level to be a top-notch AHL player anyway. Although at a certain point when some guys realize the NHL dream is dead they tail off. I have no clue really where he is at today, but anyway, he could be a top-pairing guy in Milwaukee, maybe. FWIW. :dunno:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
My two are some of the first wave of kid Preds fans and they're 31 and 27. Son got more of the gene than the daughter, but she knows more than a lot of people. My 10 year old granddaughter (daughter's kid) loves the Preds. She used to have to explain her tshirts to the other kids but now they at least know who PK and Pekka and Forsberg are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->