dan haimus or brad stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Hero of Tragedy said:
Goodness...talk about improperly slamming a guy just to hype up yer guy. Give Stuart some credit here.
I don't think I'm downplaying him at all. He's a very good defensemen.

All I know is that Kalinin is just about right there with Stuart at present time. If people think Stuart will be better because he has a "more enticing" package, than that's fair. I'd be lying if I said I didn't favor one young player over the other because I see something in one or the other.

But present time, forget about the time Stuart made that really nice no look outlet pass that made you say "wow he will be special soon" or something. And you have two fairly close players. Stuart taking off his first few seasons and tapering off, and Kalinin being toyed around with Ruff his first few seasons only to take off when getting ice time the past 1 1/2 seasons.

Someone said it was lewd to say others were close to Stuart. Well it's lewd to say they aren't. That's the jist of my posts. I didn't even bring Regehr into the equation.

Last edited:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Kalinin is one of my favorite defenseman in the NHL but I'll concede that Stuart is above him right now (not by that much, though). That can change, of course.

Personally I'll take Kalinin on my team just because I am a big fan of his.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Moskau said:

All I know is that Kalinin is just about right there with Stuart at present time. If people think Stuart will be better because he has a "more enticing" package, than that's fair. I'd be lying if I said I didn't favor one young player over the other because I see something in one or the other.

But present time, forget about the time Stuart made that really nice no look outlet pass that made you say "wow he will be special soon" or something. And you have two fairly close players. Stuart taking off his first few seasons and tapering off, and Kalinin being toyed around with Ruff his first few seasons only to take off when getting ice time the past 1 1/2 seasons.

Someone said it was lewd to say others were close to Stuart. Well it's lewd to say they aren't. That's the jist of my posts. I didn't even bring Regehr into the equation.

Fair enough, I can respect that thought but don't mistake tapering off with injuries. If there is another downside to Stuey is that he has had a concussion and a few injuries such as his ankles which still arent 100%.

chris39bong

Moskau said:

Just for reference, some of these comments show you haven't even watched Stuart play more than once or twice a season. For example, Stuart did not take off his first few seasons and then taper off. He took off his first season, went through a an average sophomore year, fallowed by two erratic seasons plauged by injurries, fallowed by last season which saw him slowly return to his rookie season form. I mentioned this in another thread already. It's amazing how little of Stuart people have seen, yet they make so many comments about him.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
hattrickshockey2 said:
Just for reference, some of these comments show you haven't even watched Stuart play more than once or twice a season. For example, Stuart did not take off his first few seasons and then taper off. He took off his first season, went through a an average sophomore year, fallowed by two erratic seasons plauged by injurries, fallowed by last season which saw him slowly return to his rookie season form. I mentioned this in another thread already. It's amazing how little of Stuart people have seen, yet they make so many comments about him.

Maybe you should learn how to read words together.

"Stuart taking off his first few seasons and tapering off, and Kalinin being toyed around with Ruff his first few seasons only to take off when getting ice time the past 1 1/2 seasons."

Stuart TAKING OFF. Not "Stuart didn't try". Stuart took off, he played awesome. A simple look at the next sentence would tell you this. Kalinin started slow due to not playing alot, then he TOOK OFF. Opposites... understand now smart ass?

AvengerK

Mar 9, 2004
Cal Poly, the good 1
Moskau said:
Whenever I watch Stuart in the regular season, he is soft as butter. Does he hit? Sure, but if he hit a guy and that guy wanted to get him back, Stuart seemed to become scared... Hell, after Stuart got jumped by Jody Shelley he has yet to shed the gloves in a real fight.

There are plenty of people who would be scared if Jody Shelley beat you like a rented mule. I wouldn't exactly blame him for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad