Player Discussion: Dan Girardi

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
FWIW as a Rangers fan I always liked Dan. He always gave 100%. But after three years of listening to shit like 'he's the worst defenseman in the league' over and over and over and over and over I was glad to see him move on---because I was sick and tired of listening to all the b.s. every single day. IMO AV's man on man defense system played to Girardi's weaknesses and his almost always being on the first pairing with McDonagh put him in the situation of chasing around the best players in the league practically every night. IMO it was misuse.

Anyway I'm still glad he's gone because it would just have been another year of the same if he stayed but anyway I wish him good luck--it looks like he's fit in with you guys. He was an excellent Ranger.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I would prefer if he were on the third pairing rather than the first, but we're a little light on the right side so it's fine, and they're not taking the shutdown role with McDonagh and Stralman/Cernak taking that, so he's not overplayed. He's been good. He's probably our 7th best defender (or 6th best depending on how you feel about Cernak), but that's more a statement to how deep we are than a criticism of Girardi. I think he could play the #4 role on most teams in the league and look good.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018

Do you think guys try to speak more when wired up? I don't know if he's a locker room guy like Cally( is he ?) but he sure is pretty vocal...in sharp contrast to Serg who's been stone cold sitting next to him, acting like he doesn't understand this guy at all :laugh: Serg also looked pretty gassed in this video.I ended up paying more attention to him.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad