Injury Report: Dan Girardi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
He looked like he was riding unicorns when they zoomed in for a shot on his face after sitting up. Really scary moment. Hopefully he's alright, but I'd be really surprised if he wasn't held out for at least the rest of the regular season for concussion monitoring.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
He looked like he was riding unicorns when they zoomed in for a shot on his face after sitting up. Really scary moment. Hopefully he's alright, but I'd be really surprised if he wasn't held out for at least the rest of the regular season for concussion monitoring.

Definitely agree. Initially I was hoping it was just a stinger, but he didn't move for a long time on the ice, and definitely didn't look good when he got up.

Hopefully just had the wind knocked out of him, but no reason not to let him rest up as the regular season winds down here. We have three healthy RHD. No rush.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Getting hit like that takes the wind out of you and is pretty disorienting, hopefully that's just what it was.

Knowing Girardi, he was back practicing blocking shots in front of his puck machine as soon as he got home.

Whitehawk1186

Mar 12, 2015
New Haven, CT

This. Regardless of the severity, there is really no need to play him. Pittsburgh just needs one more point to earn home ice, so realistically we are not likely to get it. Rather have the 7 seed anyway. Even without McDonagh, or for that matter Girardi, they don't scare me in the least. Pittsburgh on the other hand is another story

Atax

Apr 7, 2011

Agreed. I haven't seen Girardi dazed like that before. The closest thing I can think of was when Malkin destroyed him. Hope he doesn't rush back.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Cerny said there's no update on G today, and that there should be an update tomorrow at the morning skate.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
It's one thing in the regular season to not mind if they sat him for McI...but with McD out as well, having Danny go down too hurts us a lot. Brady will be a good NHLer, but he is not playoff NHL ready.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
It's one thing in the regular season to not mind if they sat him for McI...but with McD out as well, having Danny go down too hurts us a lot. Brady will be a good NHLer, but he is not playoff NHL ready.

At this point, he might have to play. Whether he's ready or not.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
At this point, he might have to play. Whether he's ready or not.

Yup. If that is the case though I can see him getting very sheltered minutes and the top 4 guys getting an added workload. Staal and Klein will be playing over 25 minutes each game.

Wish some news would come out already.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
OK so now we find out how much Girardi "sucks"

I think we will miss him, especially if he misses PO games

He just so happens to have gone down every time we have already lost another defenseman.

McDonagh and Klein have both missed time during both times Girardi was out. Let's not take it too literal--it's apples to oranges there

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I don't see a link to anything? Can't really have an injury report thread without an injury report; it's misleading until we have any concrete information.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Ovechkin left his feet to nail Girardi a couple-three years ago with a headshot in the playoffs. I don't remember a penalty---there certainly wasn't a suspension and it was very blatant. Girardi was down on the ice--not moving for a while on that one too--and I remember thinking there's no way he's not concussed but there he was in the lineup the next game.

I don't what it is but some people can take a tremendous amount of physical abuse and keep on ticking. It wouldn't surprise me if Girardi is hurt but it also wouldn't surprise me he's in the lineup against the Islanders tomorrow. For a non-fighter he's a seriously tough dude.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010

this is the modern Cap NHL,
low-priced younger, inexperienced guys in as 1/5 or 1/6 of your lineup,
AV should have been finding icetime for Skjei and Hrivik, and more for Dylan, than he did.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I don't see a link to anything? Can't really have an injury report thread without an injury report; it's misleading until we have any concrete information.

He was injured last night.

Nobody knows how bad. I'm sure as soon as one of the beat writers wake up today and decided to do their job they will advise us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad