Injury Report: Dan Girardi (2/7: Skating in practice)

charlie460

Stone Age Hockey
Nov 25, 2011
Norway
Gross: Rangers say D Dan Girardi is "banged up" and "day to day." Beyond that, nothing specific.

Edit 2/6: Jim Cerny: No update from Torts on whether or not Callahan or Girardi could play tomorrow...on Girardi's health status he says "not sure"

Last edited:

Kershaw

If he is out for an extended period of time, we're screwed.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Only thing I can think of is that he blocked a shot and his foot/ankle is too swollen to fit in his skate.

Don't know why else he would be a scratch all of a sudden right before the game

jniklast

Sep 28, 2007
Only the second time he misses a game injured since he's on the Rangers, right?

Snow Soccer

Jan 5, 2012
Hope he's OK and back Thursday. Saw a stat last night that he had only missed 2 games since the start of the 07-08 season - that's 416 of 418 games.

Vickers8

Brett Cyrgalis ‏@BrettCyrgalis
In what is apparently an optional #NYR skate, no Girardi, Staal, Richards, Asham. Everyone else on, including Callahan

Hopefully just needs rest, and Cally is close

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
In what is apparently an optional #NYR skate, no Girardi, Staal, Richards, Asham. Everyone else on, including Callahan

Yeah Richie. No camp for you with the flu. Play like crap. Skip optional skates. That a'boy. Maybe out looking for things to spend 6.67M on?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

Richards certainly needs the rest.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Richards certainly needs the rest.

You think so? The dude rested for 8 months during the offseason/lockout.

Richards has no excuses for his **** play, **** skating, and **** decision making. Go through his instagram, the dude has been on a constant vacation for months. He didn't play anywhere during the lock-out and probably skated once a week.

SupersonicMonkey*

You think so? The dude rested for 8 months during the offseason/lockout.

Richards has no excuses for his **** play, **** skating, and **** decision making. Go through his instagram, the dude has been on a constant vacation for months. He didn't play anywhere during the lock-out and probably skated once a week.

Agree.

Zero excuses. And he has zero accountability. I'm still hoping we use that compliance buy out on him.

He does a lot for charity, but the guy hasn't shown up to play a game since May 25, 2012.

We are in month two of this season. He hasn't shown up yet. Unacceptable.

Heyoooo*

He looks old out there.

Both of our top centers skate like theyre in mud.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
He looks old out there.

Both of our top centers skate like theyre in mud.

Yup, and to me that is inexcusable. This is the NHL. The cream of the crop.

I personally skate better and faster than both Richards, and Stepan. That's SAD.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Depending on severity. Minor hip flexor strain can be 5 days. A more severe injury can be 6 weeks. This doesn't seem to have been severe.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I really, really doubt it.

That's tremendously foolish. There is virtually no doubt in my mind I am a faster skater than Stepan, having played college hockey and still playing regularly. I don't have any of the TALENT that Stepan has, but skating was absolutely my strong suit and I have skated with plenty of junior players, ECHL players, a few NHL players and several ex-NHL players and there is no question that I am as good a skater as many of them and faster than some of them. I can't do 25% of the things they do with the puck, but that has nothing to do with skating. It's plenty likely that Nevisis could be just as good a skater as I am and doubting that someone here might be a better skater than Stepan, based solely on the fact that Stepan is in the NHL is misguided. Stepan genuinely has a bad stride, bad acceleration and mediocre top speed. I couldn't hold Stepan's jock strap as a hockey player; as an ice skater, I'm probably faster and more agile.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
That's tremendously foolish. There is virtually no doubt in my mind I am a faster skater than Stepan, having played college hockey and still playing regularly. I don't have any of the TALENT that Stepan has, but skating was absolutely my strong suit and I have skated with plenty of junior players, ECHL players, a few NHL players and several ex-NHL players and there is no question that I am as good a skater as many of them and faster than some of them. I can't do 25% of the things they do with the puck, but that has nothing to do with skating. It's plenty likely that Nevisis could be just as good a skater as I am and doubting that someone here might be a better skater than Stepan, based solely on the fact that Stepan is in the NHL is misguided. Stepan genuinely has a bad stride, bad acceleration and mediocre top speed. I couldn't hold Stepan's jock strap as a hockey player; as an ice skater, I'm probably faster and more agile.

Good to know fellow hockey players exist on this forum. :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->